Proposition: RC will now let you buy a bottle & take it back to your cabin: how much?

How much per bottle would you pay to take it back to your cabin with you?  

416 members have voted

1. 1. How much per bottle would you pay to take it back to your cabin with you?

• $15
    • $18
    • $20
    • $23
    • $25
    • $28
    • even more than $28
    • would not pay anything for this, no matter what my reason is

I would pay $20 for this service. I think that we should be able to drink what we're willing to purchase. Since I would pay $20 for a bottle of liquor, I will double that price because I'd be on vacation :p

Now THAT'S the attitude!

haha, Mom I'm so glad that we can finally agree that its OK to get sloshed!! I feel like we're making progress on the whole "drinking" thing. Although... I will always be your daughter and you will always give me the evil eye when I order another round, LOL.

PS: Did you ever find the video??? ;)

I voted at $15 a bottle but would go the $20 just so I would not have to worry about our clothes getting wet & smelly while we now smuggle.

As stated before if we have a bottle in the room we consider it for the room and will have a drink in a bar when out of the room & meeting fellow cruisers. We will do the wine package still and it's true the higher up you go on the list the better the deal.

What no one has mentioned, am I the only one blessed :cool: , is that in the past the premium bottles $75 and up did not have the service charge and you could just take them back to your room. So perhaps RCCL could go back that way so I can have my good scotch again and not worry about the clunking sound from the luggage! :D AND if there were no bottles in the luggage we would have room for the all important duct tape, patio lights, electric candles, and all the logo wear we always seem to buy the last day of the cruise!

Kevin

Bob is right.............it IS a convenience factor for a LOT of cruisers.

The passengers who just want to booze it up, as cheaply as possible..............well, I'm going to abstain from commenting.

I like RC because it seems to me that the civilized passengers outweigh the cheapskates and boozehounds.

JMO...........YMMV :)

Okay, I've seen you use that acronym a few times now, so I have to ask--What's "YMMV?"

• 10 years later...
Resurrection-Header.jpg

Biker19 - How deep did you have to dig to find this one? Since we're bringing it back up, I'd be willing to pay double the cost of the bottle. I am one of those people that want the convenience of having the bottle in my room. I purchase plenty of drinks from the bars and still would. But, every once in a while (DW getting ready for dinner is an example) I'd like to just make my own and relax in my cabin.

It was mentioned in another thread - thought it was an interesting topic.

I’d be happy if the bars stocked the Captain Morgan Private Stock that is sold in almost all of the ship stores. It’s like they’re taunting me. [emoji849][emoji12]