All Things Mariner Of The Seas

I know I'm a broken record on this, but...Mariner, please make the English pub on deck 5 non-smoking so Derek Lewis returns to Galveston. I have read Derek will not perform in a smoking pub which is why he is in New Orleans on the Voyager right now. I wonder if the Navigator (the next ship in New Orleans) has non-smoking pub?

I know I'm a broken record on this, but...Mariner, please make the English pub on deck 5 non-smoking so Derek Lewis returns to Galveston. I have read Derek will not perform in a smoking pub which is why he is in New Orleans on the Voyager right now. I wonder if the Navigator (the next ship in New Orleans) has non-smoking pub?

Amen to no smoking in the Mariner pub. It wouldn't be so awful if the smoke wasn't apparent right outside IN the RP but it is. The stench of smoke was very obvious when passing the pub and if it brings Derek back, bring it on! Having smoking in a venue that's open to the RP is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool. Flame on!

Will be going on my first cruise on Mariner in November. Looks like I may be sharing my cabin with a friend to cut down on price. I have problems with insomnia sometimes though and was wondering if there are public areas that are open 24 hours so I wouldn't be disturbing her if I am up at night. Specifically interested in the gym, library, a pool, someplace to grab a snack, and the internet lounge. Thanks in advance for your input!

Will be going on my first cruise on Mariner in November. Looks like I may be sharing my cabin with a friend to cut down on price. I have problems with insomnia sometimes though and was wondering if there are public areas that are open 24 hours so I wouldn't be disturbing her if I am up at night. Specifically interested in the gym, library, a pool, someplace to grab a snack, and the internet lounge. Thanks in advance for your input!

Library, internet lounge should be open. Library has comfy chairs but is worthless for reading material so bring your own. Loyalty area may be open with comfy chairs. Both overlook the Royal Promenade. Pools are usually netted over at night but chairs/tables around the pool should be available. The Promenade Cafe is open 24/7. Gym, I don't know.

Tucker in Texas

For all you Mariner experts I hope you can help me. We have an inside cabin on deck 9, midship. I was thinking of changing to deck 6, cabin 6435 to be nearer the RP and dining room and very close to the elevator/stairs. The deck plan shows empty spaces on either side of that cabin. I asked my CVP what's there and she said nothing but there has to be a reason it's placed that way. We can also save $40 by switching. Not a deal breaker but hey why not? Any first hand info? Thanks in advance.

Library, internet lounge should be open. Library has comfy chairs but is worthless for reading material so bring your own. Loyalty area may be open with comfy chairs. Both overlook the Royal Promenade. Pools are usually netted over at night but chairs/tables around the pool should be available. The Promenade Cafe is open 24/7. Gym, I don't know.

Tucker in Texas

Thanks Tucker! Really eases my mind that I have options to go to. :)

For all you Mariner experts I hope you can help me. We have an inside cabin on deck 9, midship. I was thinking of changing to deck 6, cabin 6435 to be nearer the RP and dining room and very close to the elevator/stairs. The deck plan shows empty spaces on either side of that cabin. I asked my CVP what's there and she said nothing but there has to be a reason it's placed that way. We can also save $40 by switching. Not a deal breaker but hey why not? Any first hand info? Thanks in advance.

Hi:

Looking at the cabin on the deck plan, I think you are o.k. with 6435 because it appears that your TA is correct. It is "open space" above it (library) and in front of it. I know there is nothing in front of the library to create noise as that space holds chairs with a pathway between those chairs and the library proper. I've never been down to "business services" but I can't see any noise coming from there. I've never read/heard any complaints about the location of that cabin.

Go for it!

Tucker in Texas

Hi:

Looking at the cabin on the deck plan, I think you are o.k. with 6435 because it appears that your TA is correct. It is "open space" above it (library) and in front of it. I know there is nothing in front of the library to create noise as that space holds chairs with a pathway between those chairs and the library proper. I've never been down to "business services" but I can't see any noise coming from there. I've never read/heard any complaints about the location of that cabin.

Go for it!

Tucker in Texas

Thanks, Tucker! I just couldn't understand why the odd position of the first cabin in that row of double cabins. I think we'll go for it :)

Thanks, Tucker! I just couldn't understand why the odd position of the first cabin in that row of double cabins. I think we'll go for it :)

It looks like that cabin is right over the Deck 5 entrance to the Dining Room, which should be quiet most of the time.

It looks like that cabin is right over the Deck 5 entrance to the Dining Room, which should be quiet most of the time.

Cindy, it's what's next to it that's blank that has me wondering. I hope it isn't a service ice machine :eek: Voyager class.com has it sectioned off as a blank room. I'll keep my eyes open closer to final payment to see if I can upgrade to a balcony or at least a promanade cabin.

Cindy, it's what's next to it that's blank that has me wondering. I hope it isn't a service ice machine :eek: Voyager class.com has it sectioned off as a blank room. I'll keep my eyes open closer to final payment to see if I can upgrade to a balcony or at least a promanade cabin.

If you remind me, I'd be happy to check it out for you in March!:)

I just put a courtesy hold on a GS for April 14, 2013. If prices haven't gone up when I cruise next month, can I cancel and re-book so I get the added benefits for booking on-board?

Also, I chose cabin #1268 based on location...it looks like it is under the solarium and not under a whirlpool. What do you think? Does anybody who has stayed in that general location have comments (positive or negative) about noise from above?

Thanks!

We've had cabin 6337 on the Voyager OTS (same deck plan) and it is fine. Good location, very easy to walk down to the Royal Promenade. Elevators to get to deck 11 can be sluggish at times and quick other times. I think you can get to this cabin without walking down the hall. That is not true on deck 8 where you have to walk down to a hallway between 8343 and 8347.

We've had cabin 6337 on the Voyager OTS (same deck plan) and it is fine. Good location, very easy to walk down to the Royal Promenade. Elevators to get to deck 11 can be sluggish at times and quick other times. I think you can get to this cabin without walking down the hall. That is not true on deck 8 where you have to walk down to a hallway between 8343 and 8347.

My response went poooof. Why am I not surprised? Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I don't know what you mean about getting to the cabin w/o walking down the hall? It's the first cabin. What I'm concerned about is that 6435 is wedged in all by itself. Just curious what's on either side.

Archived