All Things Mariner Of The Seas

We have had this cruse booked for a year. We can't wait to book the Murder Mystery Dinner, but it still isn't available. Is the Mariner still having this meal? If so, what night is it?

Also heard a rumor that there is an acapella group (maybe the Unexpected Boys?)

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for bringing this thread back

I am taking the "Holy Land Cruise" Oct 20, 2012

Our family is looking into Mariner this December and have a couple of questions.

We were looking at the Promenade Cabins; are they really small? Would we be better off getting an Ocean View for the same price?

What is the Any tips for packing when sailing in December? We have only sailed in the summer or early fall.

We are looking to book 3-4 cabins, is it better to call RCCL or can we book them online and get same dinner table assignments?

If not, where aboard are the best places to pick up the strongest signal?

Most ships the strongest signal has been internet center (where the ship PCs are) and the library. But signal strength is not the biggest issue because speed will be most affected by number of people using the system and contention from other higher priority traffic on the sattelite link. Generally speed has been like old dial-up modem (54kbps). From past inquires my understanding it wireless is not avialable in cabins unless cabin is pretty close to a hot spot.

We were looking at the Promenade Cabins; are they really small? Would we be better off getting an Ocean View for the same price?

Were it me I would get Oceanview for same price. Cabins are basically same size and view of Promenade gets negated by keeping curtains closed all the time for privacy.

We are looking to book 3-4 cabins, is it better to call RCCL or can we book them online and get same dinner table assignments?

Book any way you like (web, call, travel agent) but then have reservations linked (call or do through TA) and table assignment together will be automatic.

We are planning a December cruise this year...when do they decorate for Christmas?

We were thinking of renewing vows but not sure if we ar wanting to pay $595 for that. If not, can you walk in the chapel when not in use and just say "I DO" again on our own or set it up with Guest services?

Where does marnier dock in Roaton and Belise City (ports)?

In Roatan they dock at Coxen Hole. In Belize, it's a tender port..no docking.

When do they decorate for Christmas? We booked early december and are wondering?

They will begin their Christmas decorations the 1st week of December. We were on during Thanksgiving week and they had already started some decorations.

Our family is looking into Mariner this December and have a couple of questions.

We spent 28 days in a PR and lived to tell about it, still on good terms :)

We had one on deck 6, close to Whig & Gavel, very convenient to nip down to the Promenade Cafe in the mornings and to deck 4 to take a look outside. OV cabins tend to be all the way forward or all the way aft unless you get one down on decks 2 or 3.

PR cabins are a good deal and we're happily going in another this year:D

Mariner is hosting a singles cruise

FEBRUARY 19 - 26, 2012 - 7 night Singles(21+) Western Caribbean Cruise on the ROYAL CARIBBEAN MARINER OF THE SEAS. Cruising roundtrip from Galveston to Cozumel-Mexico, Grand Cayman Island, Falmouth-Jamaica

Mariner is hosting a singles cruise

FEBRUARY 19 - 26, 2012 - 7 night Singles(21+) Western Caribbean Cruise on the ROYAL CARIBBEAN MARINER OF THE SEAS. Cruising roundtrip from Galveston to Cozumel-Mexico, Grand Cayman Island, Falmouth-Jamaica

Great, I'm going one week late, lol. :p Where does it give this info, though?

-gina-

Here are some videos I found on Youtube

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Piano Bar 1

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Piano Bar 2

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Piano Bar 3

No Piano Bar 4

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Piano Bar 5

from

Where does marnier dock in Roaton and Belise City (ports)?

When do they decorate for Christmas? We booked early december and are wondering?

Roatan only has one so you will be the only ship in port at the time you are there. The dock new port and is small but very charming my wife and I loved it.

Belize City is a tender port and not very nice. If you don't plan an excursion there's really no use for getting off the ship (IMO). But the diving snorkleing and fishing are fantastic. Again Belize city was not good tget away from the city and its beautiful!!

There are two docks in Roatan. Carival built their own dock and manmade beach called Mahogany Bay a few miles away from RCI's dock. The day we are in Roatan, there will also be two Carnival ships. Thus, I am a bit concerned that the Bannister Island beach excursion will be very crowded, as Carnival also offers it. I'm not going but my kids and granddaughter plan on it.

There are two docks in Roatan. Carival built their own dock and manmade beach called Mahogany Bay a few miles away from RCI's dock. The day we are in Roatan, there will also be two Carnival ships. Thus, I am a bit concerned that the Bannister Island beach excursion will be very crowded, as Carnival also offers it. I'm not going but my kids and granddaughter plan on it.

Bannister Island is in Belize, is it not?

Archived