All Things Mariner Of The Seas

Speaking of Roatan, if we cab it to West End from the port will there be cabs available on the way back ? We're thinking either Mayan Princess (hesitate sending them a color copy of our passports which they require) or Infinity Bay Resort. Any info out there? This probably should go on the Roatan port thread but y'all ARE talking Roatan so I figured tojust sneak in.

Now on to the Mariner. We're tentatively scheduled for early seating on our next cruise. We found 8:30 is a bit too late and MTD won't work with the nightclub schedules. I wish I had this dilemma all the time :rolleyes:

Bonnie: I didn't want to do that either. We bought ours when we got there, there was plenty of room for our party of 8! Last time I inquired Infinity Bay wasn't doing day passes??? If they are, I'm doing that next time out.

Becci, they were last June, but that's the low season so things may have changed. Infinity was charging $30 per person last summer!:eek:

Bonnie: I didn't want to do that either. We bought ours when we got there, there was plenty of room for our party of 8! Last time I inquired Infinity Bay wasn't doing day passes??? If they are, I'm doing that next time out.

Becci, I emailed Infinity Bay a few days ago and this is the reply I got from Mauricio:

We do offer day passes, they include access to our pool and beach area, beach chairs, and beach towels and they have a cost of $ 25.00 per person.

Glad to know we can just show up at the Mayan Princess. Their rate is $10 for a day pass and the grounds look really nice.

Cindy from what I read on this board it seems Infinity's prices change at whim depending on when you show up, how crowded they are, etc.

As an FYI, I've seen many posts about Mayan Princess and the 10.00 day pass. After making some inquiries, I received a response stating the following price changes effective Dec 15, 2011;

Megan's Day pass 25.00

Mayan All-inclusive 59.00

San Simon Beach Club 10.00 (not sure what this is)

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk

As an FYI, I've seen many posts about Mayan Princess and the 10.00 day pass. After making some inquiries, I received a response stating the following price changes effective Dec 15, 2011;

Megan's Day pass 25.00

Sorry. That should have been

"Mayan Day pass"

Megan's Day pass 25.00

Thanks for the head's up on the rate change. They need to update their website. It still shows $10.

Does anyone know about the Tabayna (sp?) beach break the Mariner offers? Maybe it's Belize and I'm getting my ports mixed up. Too lazy to look it up myself :rolleyes::confused:

On another Mariner note. I read on another thread that Mariner changed dining times to 5:30 and 8 as it was on the Voyager. I'm happy! I believe the nightclub shows were running late. Sent an email to my CVP at RCI to confirm.

On another Mariner note. I read on another thread that Mariner changed dining times to 5:30 and 8 as it was on the Voyager. I'm happy! I believe the nightclub shows were running late. Sent an email to my CVP at RCI to confirm.

They're definitely changed for 3/11. As soon as I saw the change I switched back to late traditional from MTD.

I read a post from somebody who just got off a B2B. On 1/15 sailing the times were 6:00 and 8:30, but for the 1/22 cruise they had been changed to 5:30 and 8:00.

Our 2/12 cruise is now showing the 8:00 dining time.

I hope dining times remain fixed for late seating at 8. Just switched from early to late. Although 5:30 is early, I think 8:30 is way late for late seating shows which usually start at 10:30-10:45pm except for the few nights the shows are pre-dinner. CVP informed me that dinner seating still show at 6 and 8:30. Did Voyager have this switch when it came to Galveston from its TA cruise?

June 16, 2012 will cruise from Rome on a 7 day cruise on W Med;Genoa, Cannes, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Rome. Just booked 2 cabins, taking our 2 teenage grandsons. We need LOTS OF HELP! We are not cruisers so not sure what to expect or what tips you all may have for us. Unfortunately one of them will already be 18 so have heard he cannot use the teen club stuff. Younger brother is 15 so hoping he can meet lots of kids and find out the things to do. Any tips for what teenagers would like to do for shore excursions would be helpful. We are excited and a little nervous at the same time

I hope dining times remain fixed for late seating at 8. Just switched from early to late. Although 5:30 is early, I think 8:30 is way late for late seating shows which usually start at 10:30-10:45pm except for the few nights the shows are pre-dinner. CVP informed me that dinner seating still show at 6 and 8:30. Did Voyager have this switch when it came to Galveston from its TA cruise?

Bonnie, if I remember correctly, they switched the dinner seating times about a month into the Galveston sailings the first year the ship was here. They stayed that way for all the Galveston cruises.

Bonnie, if I remember correctly, they switched the dinner seating times about a month into the Galveston sailings the first year the ship was here. They stayed that way for all the Galveston cruises.

Thanks, Cindy. If I knew for sure, 100% that our cruise next Jan will be 6pm early seating we would take it BUT there are so many conflicting reports. Besides, I would rather be on a cruise and eat late than come home from a day of work and eat early.:p

Archived