All Things Mariner Of The Seas

New restaurants? First that comes to mind would be switching Portofino to Giovanni's Table. Would be a relatively easy switch - new sign and new menus - done. Bummer if true because I was counting on one more crack at the Seafood Skewer.

Not sure what else they could do for restaurants. No Seaview Cafe to convert to pay venue like on Radiance. Convert the Jade section of WJ to something new maybe? I know it has its fans but it would not break my heart if Johnny Rockets was converted to something else. We have one 15 minutes away and have never eaten there because the menu choices are so unappealing.

But the deck plans on RCI site for Mariner after May 1 still show the same restaurants as now.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this isn't a big deal, but was wondering if the Mariner has the flat screens in the staterooms yet? We sailed her back in 2009 and it was the old school TV's, we then sailed liberty the same year and they had flat screen's. Call me crazy but It gave me more counter space, plus looked much cleaner/sleek :)

I know this isn't a big deal, but was wondering if the Mariner has the flat screens in the staterooms yet? We sailed her back in 2009 and it was the old school TV's, we then sailed liberty the same year and they had flat screen's. Call me crazy but It gave me more counter space, plus looked much cleaner/sleek :)

I did not have a flat screen in my cabin a few weeks ago.

We had a Grand Suite in October and the tv's had been updated to a flat screen. No a huge one but it would swivel so we could watch it in bed. There was space where the tv was orginally and we would store out towell animals on it.

We had a Grand Suite in October and the tv's had been updated to a flat screen. No a huge one but it would swivel so we could watch it in bed. There was space where the tv was orginally and we would store out towell animals on it.

Thanks benjoon, I'll be in a GS so it's nice to know I'll have the flat screen.

New restaurants? First that comes to mind would be switching Portofino to Giovanni's Table. Would be a relatively easy switch - new sign and new menus - done. Bummer if true because I was counting on one more crack at the Seafood Skewer.

Not sure what else they could do for restaurants. No Seaview Cafe to convert to pay venue like on Radiance. Convert the Jade section of WJ to something new maybe? I know it has its fans but it would not break my heart if Johnny Rockets was converted to something else. We have one 15 minutes away and have never eaten there because the menu choices are so unappealing.

But the deck plans on RCI site for Mariner after May 1 still show the same restaurants as now.

Wish they would get rid of all the johnny rockets, its the worst!!!!!!!!

:p My girl Mariner What a great lady she was!! Our first cruise with her, but she will be in dry dock... when does she come home??? We got to go on her again... Leave the other ships at home there is no place like MARINER... WHAT A BEAUTY. we had so much fun... laughed and had a great time... i was a bit silly too... i had funny red hats on and had a blast with thos old baggy ladies on there too... no pun intended but we had a nice time. I hear she is in N O? hope she comes back to florida so we can sail again with her.

Sweet

ps where will she porting out of when,??

:p My girl Mariner What a great lady she was!! Our first cruise with her, but she will be in dry dock... when does she come home??? We got to go on her again... Leave the other ships at home there is no place like MARINER... WHAT A BEAUTY. we had so much fun... laughed and had a great time... i was a bit silly too... i had funny red hats on and had a blast with thos old baggy ladies on there too... no pun intended but we had a nice time. I hear she is in N O? hope she comes back to florida so we can sail again with her.

Sweet

ps where will she porting out of when,??

Uh... I was remarking on watching her leave Galveston today just a few posts up. She's not in dry-dock at all right now. Running 7 day Western Caribbean routes for the next few months.

Wishing Mr. and Mrs. Wolfie a wonderful cruise on the Mariner next week. Please, please come back and let us know all about the food and especially the entertainment. Someone on my roll call said that the band in the large lounge (like Cleopatra's Needle on Voyager) played C&W and BALLROOM. :eek: Uh oh. You guys have to Texasize her something fierce!! Sure wish Synergy defected and stayed on board Mariner.

Wish they would get rid of all the johnny rockets, its the worst!!!!!!!!

I agree totally. We had one meal on the Mariner and left feeling ill. It was too greasy and the service was really bad. We went because our daughter wanted to try an american hamburger but she didn't enjoy it.:mad:

I agree totally. We had one meal on the Mariner and left feeling ill. It was too greasy and the service was really bad. We went because our daughter wanted to try an american hamburger but she didn't enjoy it.:mad:

Even though I never ate in Johnny Rockets I do agree. I don't go on a cruise to eat where I can eat on dry land. However, I'm sure JR is very popular or they would have done away with it awhile ago. Although I don't much care for tex-mex (don't flame me, I'm originally fron NY :rolleyes:) I think something like Rita's Cantina would be a big draw with the Texas crowd but... Texans KNOW about tex-mex so it better be authentic :cool:

Thanks Bonnie - I promise to report back. I'm looking all over to see what reports we have from the 11-11 sailors but I haven't found much yet.

Not sure you saw this post from BeccaBoo on the Galveston web cam thread:

Linda just emailed me with infor from Mariner:

Becci - we are on the Mariner and I thought I would let you and Wolfie know the entertainment. Can you pass this along to the cruise critic group. Phil Anderson is in the Schoonar Bar and he is pretty good. The guy in the Pub - I don't know his name, but he is drawing a crowd, but not the same as Derek Lewis. Boleros is hopping. Mickey Utley Band is in the Ellington's - Dec. 14, but we have not checked that out yet. Lots of karaoke in the Lotus Lounge and Finish that Lyric, Battle of the Sexes, etc.

Bottom Line.....no one will be bored. Gotta go. It's time to go to the Golf Simulator.

Linda

aka cruizinmimi

Sounds promising!

• 1 month later...

We have had this cruse booked for a year. We can't wait to book the Murder Mystery Dinner, but it still isn't available. Is the Mariner still having this meal? If so, what night is it?

Also heard a rumor that there is an acapella group (maybe the Unexpected Boys?)

Thanks for the info!

Archived