LOTS of pictures from our Mariner cruise...

Karen: your pictures are great. Looks like you all had such a great time. Loved the room. Soooo much room to go around. A great view out the front overlooking the helipad!

Can't wait to get on this ship in 4 more months! Thanks for all the shots!

Thanks for sharing your pics. I loved looking at each and every one of them. I am a picture nut myself and take lots of pics. We don't cruise until December and I cannot wait to go.

Okay, so I love taking pictures!

My photos are here if anyone is interested in seeing the ship and ports (and of course, my kids!). The first 10 or so are of our great cabin, a Family Ocean View, 8200. It was HUGE!

Karen

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558881774wwnxPB

Your pictures are great and the kids are adorable.

I have a question: Are the Family Ocean View rooms considered suites? My brother & sis-in-law have 3 boys and we booked them into a quad & 1 of the kids into another cabin with someone else. It's ok since we're going with a big group, but I was just wondering what the price would have been for a Family Ocean view instead. I thought all rooms except suites would accomodate only 4. Thanks for your help.

Karen,

I totally enjoyed your pics. Your family looked as though you enjoyed every minute of the cruise. My favorite picture was of your youngest son, the pirate, asleep. I think you should send it to RCI and let them pay you to have that pic in their brochures. It is truly priceless.

Thanks for sharing.

Katie

Thank you all so much for the kind words, and for making through ALL those pictures!

As far as the Family Ocean view room, NO, it is not considered a suite. It cost us $4800 for the five of us. It would have cost $1000 more for us to get two connecting balcony rooms, so we "settled" for this room instead, and boy am I glad I did! Unless we can get one of the really big suites someday, I plan to get this same room on the voyager class ships again! We had so much fun on the Mariner, and I don't think I would book a smaller ship after sailing the Mariner. So much to do for the kids!

Karen

Yes, twice they wore shorts and polo shirts to the dining room, and it was not a problem. Most of the kids (and there were many) in the dining room were also wearing shorts, some even in jeans shorts, which I would not have done. I was so worried about what they should wear at dinner, based on reading message boards, but once on the ship, it was much easier to see that it is not all that "dressed up", except on formal nights. There were even men in nice shorts as well.

We are booked on the Mariner - (although it's a LONG way off) and we are also up across the front. We're on the 7th deck - and do not have one of the larger suites - but we were really curious about what our "view" would be like. Those pictures of your view answered our question. Looks great !!

Archived