Missing RevNeal

MrsMuir

I know that our troubles with the Crow's Nest and ParkWest don't amount to a hill of beans with everything else going on in the world, but I miss Reverend Neal's insight. He must be tending his flock. Greg, please drop us a line to let us know if all's well with you.

Mrs Muir

I believe he is busy packing for his move to a new ministry assignment.

Where's he going?

Rev ... take a minute to post and let us know what's up. We miss you.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Is it that time for him again? Good luck to him!

Where's he going?

I don't know how many districts the Methodist Church has Texas split up into, but chances are very likely he will remain in the same district, and therefore not have to move very far.....at least thats how it works in Indiana.

-lifelong member of the Methodist Church, and grandson of a Methodist Minister.

He is being reassigned to a new church/congregation. This church is in fact much larger and actually closer to his house. He is busy packing his church office. I think he most likely is still stoppping in here to read but knows if he starts to post and gets caught up in some of the thread he wll not get down what he must get done:D At least that is my guess. I bet he will pop into this thread and at least say Hi later today or tomorrow.

Speaking of packing, Hope all goes well with you big move on Friday as well Jim. I am sure you will get a chance to see Greg a bit more often whne you start up the Dallas area HAL board Get Togethers.:D

I e-mailed Greg yesterday to check on him; all is well. He's just verrrry busy, that's all.

Between the move, busy with day-to-day activities at church, and his Dad's illness doesn't leave him much time these days. He promises to be back when the dust settles.

MrsMuir and others,

Thank you for your concern.

As has been reported by Jim, Ruth, Judy and others, I am indeed VERY busy getting ready to move. Between my duties at my current church, helping Mom take care of my Dad during his last days, packing up my house and my office in order to move, and getting plugged into my new congregation through staff meetings and such, I just don't have much free time at the moment. I DO check in from time to time -- every-other-day, or so -- but I just don't have time to get involved right now. I'm sorry. In the next couple of weeks I hope to have things pretty much packed up and ready to move in June, and so I hope to be able to at least post a little more regularly again.

As for where I'm going: NapTown Jim is correct that they usually don't move us beyond our Conference of residence, which is roughly analogous to what the RCC calls a Diocese. I'm in the Dallas Episcopal Area, in the Dallas-South District, currently serving at First UMC Seagoville (which is in a suburb of Dallas in the southeastern corner of Dallas County). In June I'm moving to the Dallas-Northeast District to serve as Senior Pastor at St. Stephen's in Mesquite, (which is in a suburb of Dallas located in central-eastern Dallas County). It's about 17 miles from my current church, and half-again closer to my parent's house in Richardson ... and only 2 miles from my house in Mesquite.

Again, thanks to everyone for their concern and their e-mails. I greatly appreciate all of you.

P.S. Look for a thread I'm soon posting in order to report on HAL's response to my letter to them following the Ryndam March 18th cruise.

I want to thank everyone so much for their concern and their prayers.

I've been sitting at the Hospital since about 4 am this morning, trying to keep my Dad company during a sleepless night and allowing my mother to get some sleep. Dad finally slipped into sleep about an hour ago, and I'm sitting in a corner of his room with my laptop on my lap, trying to "catch up."

The doctors tell us that it's only "a matter of time." They can't even do dialysis today, so this may truly be the "beginning of the end." Dad's a tough old Brigadier ... one who doesn't know the meaning of the term "retreat." However ... and it hurts for me to say this ... I now believe it would be far kinder on him and, eventually, on Mom if he were to just remove himself from active duty.

Yes, there are more important things than letters to HAL and HAL's response regarding compensations. This is one of them.

I may not be posting much, again, for a while. If you need to reach me, please feel free to e-mail me: revneal@aol.com

Greg......

I am so very sorry to hear how ill your Dad is. This has to such a difficult time for you and your Mom.

Sending heartfelt wishes of peace and strength to you all, Greg.

My thoughts are with you.

Judy

Greg,

I am not on the board often. When I am I always look for your father. He helped me on my veary first question on this board a few years ago. People you do not know are praying for your father and family

Cely

Rev. Neal,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like you are going through exactly what my family did in November when my mom passed away, and it's very rough to see someone you love slipping away.

God bless you and your family.

Arlene

I want to take a moment to thank so many of you who have offered me best wishes and have said prayers for myself, my mother, my brother, Christopher, and the rest of our family. These last few days have been especially difficult, and your care, concern, many e-mails, and several phone calls have been particular blessing to me.

Tonight, at 9:30 pm, my father passed away after a long battle with high blood pressure, kidney failure, and, most recently, an attack of highly virulent streptococcus cellulitis. His final hours were spent quietly sleeping. One moment he was there ... the next his body was just an empty shell. May we all, in our final moments, have such a peaceful passing.

Again, thank you all for your prayers and your many kind words. They were, and are, a blessing to me.

Greg,

Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.

No matter how prepared you are for the inevitable, it is still a terrible blow to lose a loved one.

Please know that you , Mom and all of your family are in all our thoughts and prayers.

May God give you all strength and comfort during this trying time.

God bless you

Archived