Missing RevNeal

MrsMuir

Rev. Neal,

I have been blessed by my parents for 53 years now. Many of their family and friends have passed but they continue in their walk on this earth awaiting their Heavenly placement. As a nurse, I have been privledged to be with many people at the time of their demise. Those who are ready, those whose hearts know where they are headed seem to leave this world most peacefully.

Our God is Supreme and Is the Great I AM to whom your father now is with in all His Glory. My prayers are for the many task ahead, this time of sorrow and grief for those left behind. I am praying for you.

Linda Canada, Knoxville, TN

Here is a note I received from Rev. Greg Neal:

Thank you so much for your very kind words of consolation. They, and the many others I have received, have helped to sustain me through many very trying hours. Please let those on the board know.

Blessings in Christ, Greg+

Rev Neal,

I have not had the pleasure of being on a cruise with you yet, but travel with you via all your posts. I feel that I know you.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. We send our condolences and deepest sympathy for your loss.

revneal.....I am so sorry for your loss.

I have been where you are now, and no matter how prepared and accepting we think we are, it is still a sad day when we lose our parents. The loss of a good man or woman deserves to be mourned.....and our thoughts are with you as you bid farewell to your father.

Greg, I'm so sorry to hear of your father's death.

We met on the Nordam on the January 6th cruise. You and your friends usually sat at a table in the Ocean Bar, and Frank and I were at the bar having a drink.

I know first hand what a family members illness can do the caretakers, as Franks cancer has spread and he is undergoing chemo again.

You offered to pray for him when I told you of Frank's illness. I also need your prayers right now, as it is taking a toll on me.

We had to cancel our 28 day cruise on the Prinsendam for May 29th.

I will include you in my prayers Greg, and I'm hoping that many happy memories of your dad will get you through this.

Ginnie

Greg, my prayers are with you and your family. I am currently on extended assignment in Plano not far from you and have been thinking about stopping by one Sunday for services or drop you an e-mail for an invite for coffee. But like you, I have been very very busy with this assignment. Things will slow down after a while and it sounds like you have your hands full now as well. My assignment will currently run until the end of August but there is already talk of extening that out.

Again, my prayers are with you and I'm sure the opportunity will present itself for us to meet face to face Greg.

All the best-

Bob

Thank you Bob, and the MANY MANY others who have offered their prayers and their well-wishes and concern.

I'm doing ok. This past week was horrible, but the funeral was a lovely one and I believe my Dad would have been proud.

As for meeting, Bob ... i would love to. If you wait until after June 27, which is my first Sunday in my new church, you'll have less distance to drive to visit on a Sunday morning (St. Stephen's in Mesquite is about 20 miles closer to Plano than is Seagoville).

At any rate, thank you so much for your prayer and concern. E-mail me off the board if you want to exchange phone #s and try to get together for dinner some evening. Jim and I are talking of doing that too.

Rev Neal, I am so sorry to hear of the death of your beloved father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope you have many wonderful memories to sustain you during these difficult times.

Greg:

I have had a very busy April and May and have not been on in several weeks.

First of all, my deepest condolences on the loss of your father. May God strengthen you and your mom and all your loved ones during this time. May he rest in peace.

May your new assignment be a good one and may you touch the people of your congreation as you have touched so many on these boards.

May you continue to walk with God!

John

Rev.Neal,

I'm so sorry to read of your father's death. I don't know how a whole week passed by without my checking in here. You and your family have been (and continue to be in my prayers). I know that sometimes the hardest time is weeks after the funeral, when things sort of settle down and the crowds are not around. I'm sure you've seen this many times in your ministry. So we shall continue to lift you up in prayer, asking God to bring back to your mind all the fun, happy times in your lives together---the ones you've even forgotten about. May your season of grieving bring you even closer to Him Who sustains you.

We have never had the opportunity to cruise with you, but hope that we will be aboard the same ship one of these days. I enjoy reading all of your posts and have gained lots of good info from you. I especially appreciate your posts in the midst of some of this boards more "heated" discussions. You do seem to have the heart of a peacemaker, and as so, you bless us all.

Barb

RevNeal,

My heartfelt sympathies on the passing of your dad. While the hurt is probably quite raw for you now, remember ... there will be a reunion on the other side of heaven ...

Blue skies ...

--rita

Greg,

Sincerest sympathy on the recent death of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family.

I have not visited the boards often in recent weeks and just learned of your loss today.

Please take good care of yourself in this difficult period. You have some major stressors which have all been piled on you at one time. Do be good to yourself, eat well, exercise, spend time with those who uplift you and allow for time to rest and to grieve.

Jane

Archived