What's the farthest in advance you have book a cruise?

Cinderose

I trying to get some of my friends to go on the Liberty Sept 2008 but they think Im crazy for wanting to book this far in advance. My TA secured an unbelievable price (under $300) for a 7 night cruise, so we had her hold them, but still they think its crazy to book this far in advance. How do you convince people you need to book ahead to secure these great deals? Ever had a problem yourself with those procrastinating cruising friends?

Cinder

I'm with you on this. I love planning really far ahead so I can get the price and the cabin that I want.

I have my eye on a Liberty cruise for December 08 as a girls getaway. Great price. I would love to have that one booked now, but I don't know if anyone I know will agree to that so far ahead. I will work on one of my friends when I see her, hopefully in early July.

I love having cruises to look forward to! I had two cruises booked once, and it was an amazing feeling!

Cinderose

Can you e me with th info would love to book for my daughter and self www.elliefree@yahoo.com

Show this to your friends

Are you guys nuts????

great rate and it will give you something to look forward to and research excersions and of couse save also you can book something else before this one.

Go for it and watch the prices go up

Sorry, I didn't anwser your question. I have a Transalantic and a med booked for next April I booked it last November.

I called Carnival today the category I have is no longer avaliable and prices are more then double on the Transalantic from what I paid. I also got the cabin I wanted so great decision. The prices for the meditterian have also gone up.

I just wrote this post on another Cruise line thread.

:) That is so cool that you people plan that far ahead for your cruise.

I guess that's why you get the best rooms., I booked my upcoming cruise in DEC last month, :eek: That is by far the earliest I have booked any of my 19 cruises. Most of them I pay in full at time of booking as I'm already inside the penalty window.:(

Awesome for you guys.

So my answer is 6 months.

My wife and I are booked on the valor that leaves on Mar 29 2009. Yup that is NINE! We wanted to go on a cruise again after our honeymoon, but need to visit her sister next year. I was looking at cruises and found them in early 2009 and so we booked one. I booked directly through Carnival. I also like the idea of having the whole thing paid for before we cruise. It leaves more FUN money..lol.

My wife and I are booked on the valor that leaves on Mar 29 2009. Yup that is NINE!

Wow, you are my IDOL!!! My family thinks booking our November 2008 this far out is nuts!!! We also like to have it paid for in advance.:)

Waiting for my PVP to call when summer 2009 opens up.

Love checking in Carnival web site and seeing what upcoming cruises I have. Also, I want what I want and am willing to book when I have to to get it.

We have a Glacier Bay cruise coming up on 9/12.

I booked this more than a year in advance; I think I booked it in June of '06.

The reason I booked so far in advance is that this year is our 25th wedding anniversary, and we decided to take the Alaska cruise as our gift to ourselves. Booking that far in advance gave me more time to get it all paid for, and save extra $ for souvenirs & excursions.

TravlinChick

My friends and I booked our cruise in January and we're leaving January '08 - little less than a year away! LOVED doing it this way, it has given us the opportunity to save and put away and even watch the price drop once (hopefully more!).

I booked the Freedom for New Years 2008/2009 cruise. I paid $999.00 for a Balcony cabin. When I booked it it was over 600 days away. The price has already gone up and its still over a year and 3/4 away.

My November 07 cruise was booked over a year in advance and so was my April 08. I am looking to book 12/08 right now and when the rates come out for Europe 2009 I will be looking at that too. For me it is great to always have something to look forward to. You get the best rates, the cabin you want, and you can always cancel and get a full refund if you decide not to go (although I never seem to cancel!).:)

I booked my first cruise almost 14 months ahead and the cruise I'm taking this fall I booked 1 year ahead. I am very picky when it comes to my cabin location, so I want to lock in my cabin early.

So that's the trick, huh?

To book reeaallyy far in advance..!

Thanks for your various discussions

- you just changed my whole thinking on waiting for last-minute deals

which I'm told can come thru, but often don't.

I'm now thinking about booking a cruise for April 08, a.s.a.p.

I am very picky when it comes to my cabin location,

so I want to lock in my cabin early.

Tell me more about Cabin Location!

Since getting back from my first cruise a month ago

(I'm only now coming back down to Earth!)

I've clued-in on the possibilities of cabin locations

as a possible way to achieve added value to one's cruise

without necessarily paying extra, or paying very little.

We had Destiny cabin 2283 which, now I've researched the deck plans,

is obviously backed onto what may be a storage area of the Galley (freezers,etc?)

That may be what all those 'bumps in the night' were all about

- galley guys slamming freezer doors, all hours of the morning.

I don't mind lower decks and/or interior cabins (costs less!)

but I think I'll stay away from cabins too far Aft

perhaps aim for midships,instead.

Tell us more about Cabin Location and the factors you've figured out.

Our ears are wide open!

We booked 418 days out for out 01/08 cruise-can't remember what month that was, November '06 maybe?

If we had money now, we'd be putting a deposit on a 01/09 cruise on the Destiny.

Tell your friends to put the deposit down-which sounds like it's the entire price of your cruise, lol-and they can always get it back later, as long as it's before final payment.

I know there's no rhyme or reason to upgrades, but we always book a GTY. I like telling myself that the further out you book, the better chance of your upgrade, lol. And your friends will be kicking themselves if they don't book at that price-and end up paying double.

479 days if I am correct. Saints and Sinners on the Liberty October 13th.

Am now looking to book Alaska for 08 September. So I believe that is about 475 days to. Just the thrill of knowing we are going some place keeps me booking one more.

I trying to get some of my friends to go on the Liberty Sept 2008 but they think Im crazy for wanting to book this far in advance. My TA secured an unbelievable price (under $300) for a 7 night cruise, so we had her hold them, but still they think its crazy to book this far in advance. How do you convince people you need to book ahead to secure these great deals? Ever had a problem yourself with those procrastinating cruising friends?

Cinder

That's an awesome price. Your agent must be making no money on this one. The cruise is listed as $439 for an IS guarantee or a 1A. To get it down to under $300 is incredible.:)

Bill

We booked 25 months out for our '09 Hawaii cruise :eek:. We booked as soon as it was listed.We were looking at the fall of '08 for this one ,but when Carnival left out a port we pushed it to '09 when the port was added back on. It was Kaui ! Worth waiting ! We also booked early to get the cabin we wanted.

We've booked as long as 16 months out...twice. Once to get one of those coveted aft cabins, the second time to get a deal that was totally unbelieveable.

I like booking far out because I enjoy the anticipation. BUT, I like to have at least 2 cruises a year in order to not have to wait the entire 16 months without being on a ship :D

Wow under $300 a night, Id grab it. I paid about $300 to book Ecstasy in advance for 2008 and 2009 and we booked Conquest for Labor Day 2008. If you saw the prices for cabins with windows for this Labor Day was over $700, I think we were smart to book ahead, and so are you.

I cant believe you found prices under $300 for a 7 days cruise, grab them NOW and run, dont walk. It worth more than the little bit of interest that money could get them in the bank.

We've booked as long as 16 months out...twice. Once to get one of those coveted aft cabins, the second time to get a deal that was totally unbelieveable.

I like booking far out because I enjoy the anticipation. BUT, I like to have at least 2 cruises a year in order to not have to wait the entire 16 months without being on a ship :D

I know the feeling about the waiting. I have the Celebration booked for late Aug. and the Miracle for Christmas/New Years. Two a year is nicer than back to back I think

Archived