Solarium-adults only?

Cruisinmama

I didn't realise this would also turn into a 'I paid more than you did' thread too :confused: . Sorry to disappoint you, but we also do suites too - yes that's right 2 of them, for us and our kids. Not sure how relevant, or logical, your arguments are tho' - how asking why my kids can't sit by a pool is the same as asking for alcohol for them? - but nice pics anyway :rolleyes: Anyway, hope you enjoy your next cruise - you clearly need to alleviate the stress somehow. :)

Well I was just using your rational for allowing your children to use the adult areas. According to you, the MONEY you paid gives them some sort of right to an area that they are not old enough to be in. So if MONEY is the ONLY reason they should be there, then it just stands to reason that a person who pays more in a suite should be able to bring all of their kids along too because they paid the MONEY for it. :rolleyes:

See, it doesn't make sense now does it? So why would you even TRY to make that argument here?

MONEY does not = entitlement. There are rules that even money can't buy.

And thank you for being concerned with my stress level but I am perfectly fine and happy. :D

And just to add, with the miracle of the search button you have already stated what cabin number you are staying in...it's a junior suite. So please don't play my room is bigger than your room with me.

Not sure how relevant, or logical, your arguments are tho' - how asking why my kids can't sit by a pool is the same as asking for alcohol for them? - but nice pics anyway :rolleyes: Anyway, hope you enjoy your next cruise - you clearly need to alleviate the stress somehow. :)

It comes down to this, Bobal...the solarium is for "adults only" and that is all there is to it. Your children are not adults. It has nothing to do with the cost of room that you are staying in. When your children turn 18, then they will be able to lay out in the sun in the Solarium all they want. It will give them something to look forward to. I didn't stay in a suite when I was on the Freedom last summer, but I really enjoyed the solitude and serenity of the Solarium. Surprisingly, my daughters (who were 18 and 21 when we cruised) had no interest in that area and spent most of their time at the other pools or at the Flowrider.

Here's an idea. Since the cost of the room is such an issue on granting children the same privileges as adults, why not book an inside cabin directly across the hall from the JS. That way it could be considered a "teen" fare. Issue resolved. :D :D

This is the perfect example of no matter what the rules are - no matter how logical or fair minded they may be, someone will always gripe about them.

It comes down to this, Bobal...the solarium is for "adults only" and that is all there is to it. Your children are not adults. It has nothing to do with the cost of room that you are staying in. When your children turn 18, then they will be able to lay out in the sun in the Solarium all they want. It will give them something to look forward to. I didn't stay in a suite when I was on the Freedom last summer, but I really enjoyed the solitude and serenity of the Solarium. Surprisingly, my daughters (who were 18 and 21 when we cruised) had no interest in that area and spent most of their time at the other pools or at the Flowrider.

Nice summary, thanks :)

This is the perfect example of no matter what the rules are - no matter how logical or fair minded they may be, someone will always gripe about them.

Agreed :mad:

###

We thought the pizza on the Brilliance was horrible. Sandwiches were much better.

I would agree with the pizza in the Windjammer (on Jewel) being cruddy, but not in the Solarium. It was a different crust, and to me, it makes all the difference!

I would agree with the pizza in the Windjammer (on Jewel) being cruddy, but not in the Solarium. It was a different crust, and to me, it makes all the difference!

We didn't try it in the Solarium but will next time. Being from Jersey we're very particular about our pizza. ;)

Well I was just using your rational for allowing your children to use the adult areas.

And just to add, with the miracle of the search button you have already stated what cabin number you are staying in...it's a junior suite. So please don't play my room is bigger than your room with me.

You actually trawled back through my history just to check on my cabin number and have another stab at me!!!! - YIKES :confused: :confused: :confused:

And by the way the word is "rationale" ;)

. And Alan - I think the word you were looking for is puerile ;)

Bobal,

Many thanks for the correction. If you're sticking to the Latin for "Boy" i.e. "Puer" you would, of course, be correct, However, if you care to have a look at The Oxford Concise Dictionary you will find that "Purile" is a recognised and accepted ( albeit bastardised) alternative.

Alan.

MA, PHD, FPC, CMAP. :rolleyes:

This thread went from bad to petty.

This thread has been around so long the kids in the Solarium turned into adults........:rolleyes:

Archived