All Things Enchantment of the Seas

Couple of quick ?'s from reading reviews and boards:

I am booked in a large outside stateroom (no balcony :-( ) for a June cruise to Bermuda... Hoping prices drop a bit after final payment is due so I can upgrade to a balcony or JS...

1. Is the TV interactive (I can review the bill, order room service) or not? There seem to be mixed info on this?

2. Are there minifridges in the room (again mixed info)?

3. We currently have my time dining but I've read about people getting shut out of the dining room if they do this... should we change to traditional seating?

4. On an 8-night cruise, what's the best night to go to Chops?

I'm sure I'll have other ?'s but that's what I can think of so far...

1. OV tvs are not interactive....they currently are the old box type

2. no minifridges in OV

3. we always do traditional...never heard of anyone being shut our of DR while doing MTD

4. we go to Chops on first night...we avoid the first night in MDR on all ships.

Why?

I really dislike lines and people tend to line up waiting for the doors to the MDR to open. I jokingly call it a cattle call. If we hang out in the concierge lounge until the line disappears and then go into the MDR we are a little late. The staff is trying to learn the desires of the guests and there is a lot of hustle and bustle. It's just a personal thing...we wait until the second night (which is usually formal night) to go to our table and the MDR seems calmer. We usually eat in a specialty restaurant and use a BOGO coupon on the first night. After a busy first day on the ship I like quiet and calm for dinner. It's just a personal preference.

Edited by beachnative

I really dislike lines and people tend to line up waiting for the doors to the MDR to open. I jokingly call it a cattle call. If we hang out in the concierge lounge until the line disappears and then go into the MDR we are a little late. The staff is trying to learn the desires of the guests and there is a lot of hustle and bustle. It's just a personal thing...we wait until the second night (which is usually formal night) to go to our table and the MDR seems calmer. We usually eat in a specialty restaurant and use a BOGO coupon on the first night. After a busy first day on the ship I like quiet and calm for dinner. It's just a personal preference.

We had to walk through the CROWDS of people waiting in the Centrum almost a full 45 minutes BEFORE dinner to get to our cabin!!!

Edited by Mr. Bungle

Couple of quick ?'s from reading reviews and boards:

I am booked in a large outside stateroom (no balcony :-( ) for a June cruise to Bermuda... Hoping prices drop a bit after final payment is due so I can upgrade to a balcony or JS...

1. Is the TV interactive (I can review the bill, order room service) or not? There seem to be mixed info on this?

2. Are there minifridges in the room (again mixed info)?

3. We currently have my time dining but I've read about people getting shut out of the dining room if they do this... should we change to traditional seating?

4. On an 8-night cruise, what's the best night to go to Chops?

I'm sure I'll have other ?'s but that's what I can think of so far...

Sailing EN for the third time in one week .. Also doing a 6 night to Bermuda in June

1. TVs are not interactive. Some rooms have flat screens others still have the old style. No rhyme or reason as to which has what (in some cases I suspect it is related to TVs that have failed).

2. Some rooms have the mini's others don't it is based on category. I know the suites including the Junior Suites do, interiors do not. BeachNative noted that the OV do not. Uncertain about standard balcony.

3. Some people can not obtain reservations at the times they want - effectively shutting them out but they could have been served at a different time. I prefer traditional seating on this size ship - MTD worked so well on Freedom - not so well on Grandeur - avoided it on the EN due to experience on GR.

4. Night for Chops is a very personal decision. BeachNative explained why she prefers the first night. I select the night with the menu with Beef Stroganoff because none of the entrees excite me that night. Chops can tell you which night has which menu if you ask

Edited by vavasmom

We had to walk through the CROWDS of people waiting in the Centrum almost a full 45 minutes BEFORE dinner to get to our cabin!!!

That is one of the purposes of the Centrum area as there are seats and a bar. What I dislike more is having to weave through all the photographers and people waiting to use them.

As for lines, so what? On a ship like EN there tend to be lines almost everywhere. I don't get the big deal about standing in line for a couple of minutes. We didn't have to for the MDR as we were seated upstairs just past the MTD tables so we were able to walk right in every night for our late seating. We always go the first night so we can meet our table mates. We've made some really good friends in the MDR.

Hmmm, just got off the 3/10/12 sailing, and didn't have that problem. We were on late dining, which was usually at 8pm, and sometimes that meant a 6:30pm show, and sometimes 10pm, but we never missed it.

Dave

First night, welcome aboard show is always only one time. What our friends found with MTD, was they missed the welcome back and the top tier event because they had 7:15 reservations every night. We always do late dining and never miss anything, except a couple of the things held in the lounges.

That is one of the purposes of the Centrum area as there are seats and a bar. What I dislike more is having to weave through all the photographers and people waiting to use them.

As for lines, so what? On a ship like EN there tend to be lines almost everywhere. I don't get the big deal about standing in line for a couple of minutes. We didn't have to for the MDR as we were seated upstairs just past the MTD tables so we were able to walk right in every night for our late seating. We always go the first night so we can meet our table mates. We've made some really good friends in the MDR.

It's understood that the Centrum is the staging area for dinner in the MDR... My point is that they are there at 4PM FOR A 530 DINNER!!! Not just seated... But standing... IN THE WAY... pardon me, excuse me, sorry... GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if Ench wasn't so taxed for inside public space. Hopefully the chatter of them removing the marble stairs and opening up the Centrum is true. Let you know next Feb when we sail on her again!!!

Im Thinking About Booking A Cruise On This Ship But Was Wondering A Few Thing??

Is There A Night Club Where You Can Dance And Have Newer Music?

Dose It Have A Kids Camp?

Would You Do A 12day Cruise On This Ship?

Thanks Alot

Thanks Alot

Sailed the 12nighter Feb27-March10. The ships activities were geared toward the older generation... Activites such as Scrap-booking and Water-coloring were the highlights of some days. Easy listening music was the norm. The only time you got 'younger' music was from DJConrad in Boleros Lounge nightly at around 10pm. He spun tunes till about 1am when they closed the lounge for the night. There was a DJ in the Viking-Crown lounge too, but we stuck with Conrad. Luis and Patsy at the bar kept us well lubricated...

It does have a kids camp. My buddy used their services for the 12nights with his 3 kids ages 7,6, and 4...

Thanks Alot

There is an awesome nightclub geared toward the younger crowd in the viking crown. It was banging every night we went. And we went every night of our 9 nighter. I am going again on Saturday for a 7 night so I will update you again later.

Kids camp is great!

If I had the time I would do a 12 nighter but the 12 nighters have MUCH fewer kids and the crowd does seem to be older. No offense to this please, I would LOVE to take a 12 night.

We'll be sailing in May on Enchantment, and I wondered if anyone could give a quick run-down on the gym and any classes they might offer. Thanks!

There was a gym on the ship???

HA! We took the Spa tour on the first day. It's small but has most of the standard equipment. I do believe I saw signups for Spinning, Bootcamp, and a few others. All for a fee, of course... If my memory serves me correct, the Bootcamp was $35/class or you could do 3 classes for $90...

There was a gym on the ship???

HA! We took the Spa tour on the first day. It's small but has most of the standard equipment. I do believe I saw signups for Spinning, Bootcamp, and a few others. All for a fee, of course... If my memory serves me correct, the Bootcamp was $35/class or you could do 3 classes for $90...

Thanks for the info. That's a little pricey for classes, but we'll see when we get there! Maybe lots of deck walking instead :)

There is an awesome nightclub geared toward the younger crowd in the viking crown. It was banging every night we went. And we went every night of our 9 nighter. I am going again on Saturday for a 7 night so I will update you again later.

Kids camp is great!

If I had the time I would do a 12 nighter but the 12 nighters have MUCH fewer kids and the crowd does seem to be older. No offense to this please, I would LOVE to take a 12 night.

Sweet Thanks Alot. I Just Gotta Have Somewhere To Listen To Music And Dance If I Go. lol

Im Going With A Bunch Of Younger 21-30 Year Old People So We Will Make The Best Of The Club!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking at a Bermuda cruise on Enchantment. Since it is the same for us to go to Baltimore or Beyone, NJ, we have to choose between Enchantment and Explorer. You get 1 extra day on Explorer for the same price but I know Enchantment has been updated only a few years ago. Can anyone shed some light on our dilema?