Just Got Assigned CS 8106 - Tell Me All!!!!!!!!!

OnlyMe

Last week I posted a question here about giving up out CC 6136 to switch to a GTY SS saving over $400. I wasn't sure about 'risking' not having a balcony in Alaska but the consensus was to take the chance and that even if we were assigned a CS, those picture windows AND MUCH larger size would make up for no balcony. We decided to go for it and make the switch.

WELL ... We literally just got assigned CS 8106!!!!! I'm excited and nervous all at once! We have never sailed X and all my 'research' up to now has been on CC class. Now I have found the amenities listed on the X website BUT ... is there anything I should know about being in a CS???? Is there any party that Suite passengers get invited to? What about the private portrait sitting - is it just the sitting and you have to buy the pictures or is there any complimentary? What about the in-suite massage - how does that work??? Has anyone been in 8106? Any tips / advice???

Thanks again everyone!

We went to Alaska on Ininity and had CS 6106. It was a great room. You will have 2 plasma tv's, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. You have a full size living room with a computer station. There is a real dining table which you can have your meals set up in your cabin. Your butler will set up the tablecloth and table settings and bring your food. We had breakfast there every morning. You have a separate bedroom with a really large closet and vanity. The bathroom is nicer than most of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Consider yourself lucky, this is a great room. Pat

My husband and I stayed in 8104 on a New England/Canada cruise last year. The suite was wonderful, We really didn't miss the deck because the view from the windows was spectacular. Having the butler was very nice and I really feel that he was one of the better ones. My husband is disabled and had difficulty climbing into the tub because it is deep so the maintenance staff built steps that allowed him to get in with assistance.

Have a wonderful cruise. What a great beginning!

Onlyme - you will really enjoy the CS. The nicest part is having a separate bedroom. There are no special parties for suite passengers. If you are not a member of CC you will be invited to parties depending on your status level. The private photo shooting would be done in your room and the same rates as normal pictures would apply should you wish to purchase one.

I have never personally had an in room massage but I have heard it is just like the ones in the salon (same cost) and simply it is done in the privacy of your room.

Probably the best "Benefits" for the suite passenger is priority tender service.

Last week I posted a question here about giving up out CC 6136 to switch to a GTY SS saving over $400. I wasn't sure about 'risking' not having a balcony in Alaska but the consensus was to take the chance and that even if we were assigned a CS, those picture windows AND MUCH larger size would make up for no balcony. We decided to go for it and make the switch.

WELL ... We literally just got assigned CS 8106!!!!!

Thanks again everyone!

Lucky Duck! :)

LUCKY!! I'm so jealous! We had a CS on the Summit for two GLORIOUS weeks (Alaska/Calif repositioning cruise) and you're going to love it!

You can even sit in the tub and look out those beautiful windows... as soon as you figure out the mechanism;). While everyone else is wishing it weren't raining/cold/hot/windy/whatever, you'll be comfortably seated at your dining table for four, watching the incredible wonder that is Alaska go by while your butler serves your breakfast/dinner/tea/whatever (besides, the entire ship is a balcony!). You'll love the totally separate (yup, there's an actual door!) bedroom - I think you mentioned in your previous post that there are 3 of you? Privacy is always nice.

And...well, I don't know if it happens on every cruise, but my DH and I were invited to 2 "events" for (we were told) "Suite" passengers. We had a meet and greet with the Captain and his Officers and an afternoon "Tea" in the Normandy (the food was, well, WOW!). It was very cool!:D

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

You are all making me SOOOOO excited by your descriptions of the suite! I really cannot believe how lucky we are to be upgraded like that, and all this happening just two weeks before we sail! I think there can only be one minus to this scenario ..... how on earth will we ever be able to sail in a 'normal' balcony / CC's after this??? I think X might just know what ther are doing by upgrading us:p !

Hubby is one of those people who rarely show much excitement but he has been heard saying, and I quote " I will be spending a LOT of time in the room" - I think I'm going to have a hard time getting him out of there - even in Alaska! We're planning to have breakfast in-room most mornings and we're definately going to have dinner there at least one evening.

Now for a few more questions - can anyone tell me if they ordered any of the items off the CC breakfast menu? No trouble getting them? What about the CC pillows / towels? Need them? Should we request them? And one more - how is the bed - is it comfy or should we request a matress topper (we do like soft topped mattresses)?

Thanks again for all your replies!

Suite amenities are equal to or better than CC amenities, you will have no problem. The bed is wonderful it's not the cots they use in the regular cabins, it's a full bed. You will have no problem. On our 10 night cruise, we had breakfast in the cabin 7 mornings. It was wonderful.

Just go into the cabin with the same mindset we did, "This is a one in a lifetime thing." You enjoy it to death and let the future work things out as it may. After the CS, we've had no problem with regular cabins.

We found ourselves feeling guilty about leaving the room. When you have a cabin this nice, you hate to leave. The cool thing is even when you are in the bathroom you can still have a view of the ocean. There is a small window with internal mini blindes you can open. Picture taking a shower and being able to see the ocean, so relaxing.

Suite amenities are equal to or better than CC amenities, you will have no problem. The bed is wonderful it's not the cots they use in the regular cabins, it's a full bed. You will have no problem. On our 10 night cruise, we had breakfast in the cabin 7 mornings. It was wonderful.

Just go into the cabin with the same mindset we did, "This is a one in a lifetime thing." You enjoy it to death and let the future work things out as it may. After the CS, we've had no problem with regular cabins.

We found ourselves feeling guilty about leaving the room. When you have a cabin this nice, you hate to leave. The cool thing is even when you are in the bathroom you can still have a view of the ocean. There is a small window with internal mini blindes you can open. Picture taking a shower and being able to see the ocean, so relaxing.

FANTASTIC!!!! I don't think we will be out of the cabin for the entire week if it's half as good as you make it sound!!!!!! AND a 'real' bed - things just couldn't be any better! Thanks for the info Rick!

Don, It was actually CruiseDoctors Picteru Show that was the final encouragement for us to 'risk' no balcony! Before we say his amazing slideshow we thought the cabin wouldn't make up for having no balcony and were enclined to stick with our CC BUT - when we saw his pics of those windows and the size of the room - well, let's jsut say we were convinced to take the 'chance' .... little did we think, after figuring out how fantastic there suites are, that we would be assigned one.

by a member who had the CS. Great pictures of the windows....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=563962

Breakfast - We had breakfast in the cabin every morning & our butler made it clear we could have anything/everything that the ship had available. Just ask for it. For our next cruise, I found a copy of the CC breakfast menu so we would know what's available. I don't have enough computer moxie to really help you find one, but I'll try.

Pillows - Ask your butler for whatever kind you want. (I LOVE butlers!!!) I don't have any memories of the towels so they must be fine. As for the mattress - my DH and I also like/need soft mattresses. I can tell you we slept VERY comfortably!

Your DH won't be the only one tempted to stay in the cabin - that wall of windows on Alaska and the sea is hypnotic! Also, you're right to be concerned about getting used to the "Suite Life" - it's a whole new kind of addiction. Our next cruise is to the Caribbean so we need ;) a balcony - yup, we're booked in a Royal (my first!) and my DH didn't even bat an eye!:eek:

I'll look for that CC breakfast menu link. HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!!!

Denise

Denise, Thank you SO much for all that information! I really hope we get a Butler as good as yours - and even if we don't Im now thinking we will be able to 'mould' him into our way of thinking:)

Thanks too for the offer to look for the CC breakfast - I actually found it when I was 'researching' CC amenities when we were booked in 6136. I didn't save it at the time but the minute I found out we had a CS I did a search and it's now planted firmly in my 'Cruise Tips' file - ready to be printed off and brought along for the trip!

Congratulations on your first RS!!! You must be VERY excited - I'd love if you reported on it when you return! When are you sailing? Hope you too HAVE A FANTASTIC CRUISE!!!!

Only, were you also able to get the $400 credited back to you when you made the switch?

Enjoy the suite....it sounds wonderful! We had a SS on Century and thought we had died and gone to heaven. Yours will be even better!

Yes, we were VERY lucky and are getting the $400 refunded. X said it could take 2 weeks to get the refund so we haven't got it yet - it would be nice to have it before we sail.

Thanks for your thoughts on the suites!

Yes, we were VERY lucky and are getting the $400 refunded. X said it could take 2 weeks to get the refund so we haven't got it yet - it would be nice to have it before we sail.

Thanks for your thoughts on the suites!

Good for you! It sounds like this endeavor was a winner all the way around!

I was in Celebrity Suite 6104 on the Summit this past May on it's repo 13-night West Coast/Alaska cruise.

You are going to be spoiled! It's going to be very hard to go back to even a veranda after this suite.

This cabin is the best for any Alaska cruise. My top picks for sitting by the floor to ceiling windows with while sitting in the comfy chair with ottoman is when you leave Skagway and you are cruising to Hubbard's Glacier, beautiful scenery. Also when you are cruising the inside passage back just sitting there watching the scenery with it's waterfalls, small towns and wildlife is breathtaking. One night I didn't want to go to dinner at 8:30 and we ordered in room service so I wouldn't miss the final scenery of the cruise.

This suite is fabulous. You will find having the living room very nice. The talble for four is very convenient to have meals at and just to drop off things. The separate bedroom is cozy and the walk in closets are very nice.

My suggestion for the jacuzzi tub if you want to use it is to run the water and fill it up to clean out the pipes. I read this on another thread and my hubby did it and it needed to be cleared out before using it.

It was nice having a butler, even though I hated to ask him. But he was great. We did not do any formal nights so I told him we would probably eat in our cabin. He made sure he left a menu for us.

You will also be able to get breakfast, lunch and dinner from the regular menu, no continental breakfasts. If you want eggs benedict, you can have it.

Everyday the tea cart comes around with small sandwiches, pastries, cookies, tea and coffee (this is the same that is offered in the buffet every day). Sometimes we weren't in our cabin and we told our butler David if we are not there just leave us some cookies. He always did.

I always invited in our attendant and butler to enjoy the scenery, they loved seeing what the outdoors looked like as much as we did.

Sorry I don't know about the in-suite massage or portraits. But you will have a DVD player with both TV's one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

You will also have a wall mounted CD player. This was very nice and we bought some CD's when we were in Seattle and played them. Bring some music with you if you like.

Enjoy your cruise and this wonderful suite. I only wish Celebrity would have put some on their new Solstice ship. I didn't miss the balcony at all. You will be spoiled with this cabin.

Happy cruising.

Thanks so much for the advice Cathy! Your description is making me soooo excited!

That's a great tip about the jacuzzi - I definately plan to use it ... a LOT!

Can you remember what time the 'tea cart' comes around? Is there a 'special' afternoon tea for suite guests on one of the days? - Think I read something about this on another post?

Archived