NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Any word on when the annual fee will start? I'll have to make sure I spend enough money onboard to get to my next level in Nov. Then I will need to book next cruise to apply OB credit. :( January starts with 5% for cruises on Discover. Had planned to max that out and then pay balance on NCL. But not if it has an annual fee!

Never got any bonus points when new card was issued but it was my existing NCL card and they just changed my account number. :mad: Then there was the fraud issue and they changed the number again. :eek: This time I switched my electric bill payment to a different credit card. :D

No idea which BOA World Points cards will have the fee, and which won't. I just heard this on the news last night. Pretty soon there won't be any good cards left.... My son got a Discover card that only paid bonus points on gas and car repairs year-round, because he only uses his card for car expenses. They paid 5% cash back for all car-related expenses with no cap (Discover Miles). He just got a notice that they will reduce the cash-back on car-related expenses to 3%, I believe (might be 2%).

10/14/2009 - Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) said Tuesday that it will begin "testing" a new fee on less than 1% of its credit-card holders, according to an AP report. Some holders of its roughly 80.2 million cards in circulation will face annual fees ranging from $29 to $99 beginning next year. Customers selected for the new fees were picked based on "risk and profitability," meaning that customers in good standing and with no missed payments may be chosen. Bank of America spokesman Betty Riess said, "We're testing this to see what the feedback is. In terms of any plans going forward, we haven't made any decisions."

LET'S GIVE THEM SOME ADVANCE FEEDBACK!

Any word on when the annual fee will start? I'll have to make sure I spend enough money onboard to get to my next level in Nov. Then I will need to book next cruise to apply OB credit. :( January starts with 5% for cruises on Discover. Had planned to max that out and then pay balance on NCL. But not if it has an annual fee!

Never got any bonus points when new card was issued but it was my existing NCL card and they just changed my account number. :mad: Then there was the fraud issue and they changed the number again. :eek: This time I switched my electric bill payment to a different credit card. :D

How far in advance do you need to redeem your points for OBC? I am trying to accumulate 10,000 points for our cruise on Nov 29 but I probably wont have enough by the time the card cycles on Oct 26. Can call on Nov 27 after it cycles again and still use the OBC on my cruise on Nov 29?

Thanks for your help

Winnie:

According to Fufuhase's post above you just have to call the redeption center and have them apply the points to your cruise but I have no idea how this works... I suppose they will take the cash value off your MC bill. I am also not sure if this must be done before or after the payment for the cruise is made, but I would think it is after, since you will recieve a prtial credit for the charge for the cruise. The important thing is to put the cruise costs on the NCL MC. I think this is the number to redeem World Points for the card: 1-800-434-8313.

It appears that you currently have enough for either $200 off the cruise for 20,000 World Points, or a $250 onboard credit for 25,000 World Points.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=WorldPoints

Most of us (including me) have not redeemed any points yet, since, the new program is less than a year old, and it takes three times as long to earn points now, so IF EVERYONE COULD REPORT BACK WITH THEIR EXPERIENCES REDEEMING WORLD POINTS FOR CURISE DISCOUNTS/ONBOARD CREDITS/FREE CRUISES IT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO ALL OF US!

My statement says I have 26,275.00 points. How can I redeem my points to apply to my Jan. cruise? And...how much does that work out to be?

I charge everything but pay it off each month so I'm not really credit card savy.

Thanks

OK...I think I have my $100 slot play and it wasn't easy. Can't get into my email and won't believe it until I get the email. :p

If anyone is plannning to do this make sure you have at least an hour or call 866-954-4077 and hopefully you will get Allison. Now I called that number 1st and was given a different number who put me on hold twice after I held for my turn. He transferred me to another number who put me on hold again and then transferred me to the same number I was talking to and these people knew how to do this. I asked several times to talk to a supervisor and I guess they all had the day off??? Hello...what would these people do if people were there in person, like in their face? They transferred me to Card Services and this lady was going to stay on the phone with me as she transferred me to the original number I called but then neither option was correct and they said "Good-Bye" and she was gone too. :mad: Then I called that number again, talked to Allison and no problem. She had no idea why I had been given the run around with people telling me I only had a World Points account and could not use points for slot play. :eek:

Now, maybe I should do this my Dad's way and find some other calls I need to make that have bad customer service before the steam stops coming out of the top of my head so I can have a better day tomorrow! :D

Edited by kdg51

Please forgive me if this has already been asked/answered :o

I was looking at my statement on line and noticed that the logo at the top, which used to say NCL now says Orient Lines.

I Know NCL bought ships from Orient lines...or they merged or something, I just thought it odd that NCL would decide to go with their logo on the Master Card statement. :confused:

Anyone else notice this??

I was looking at my statement on line and noticed that the logo at the top, which used to say NCL now says Orient Lines.

I Know NCL bought ships from Orient lines...or they merged or something, I just thought it odd that NCL would decide to go with their logo on the Master Card statement. :confused:

I haven't looked on line, but my paper statement still says NCL. Hmmm...

Paper statement: Norwegian Cruise Line

I haven't looked on line, but my paper statement still says NCL. Hmmm...

Paper statement: Norwegian Cruise Line

I think an on-line statement is exactly what you get in a paper statement...so next month, check to see if you notice a different logo. I'm not the only one who has this...I only checked it when someone else told me that they spotted the Orient Logo on their paper statement.

We no longer get a paper statement, so I checked on line, (Oct Statement) and lo and behold, there it was.

I think an on-line statement is exactly what you get in a paper statement...so next month, check to see if you notice a different logo. I'm not the only one who has this...I only checked it when someone else told me that they spotted the Orient Logo on their paper statement.

We no longer get a paper statement, so I checked on line, (Oct Statement) and lo and behold, there it was.

I just looked at my online October statement and it shows NCL. I have never had a new card issued...maybe that is the difference??? My card does not expire until 2011.

I just looked at my online October statement and it shows NCL. I have never had a new card issued...maybe that is the difference??? My card does not expire until 2011.

I still have the old card too, so I don't think that's it. :confused:

I tried to copy the logo to print it here and it won't let me. I emailed the statement to myself and then tried to copy the logo and I still can't.

I'm sure the change to Orient logo means absolutely nothing anyway....I just thought it was very odd.

I have two of the $500 Compass Rewards from the old program. I want to give them to my daughter and her husband to use but after reading through some (not all) of this thread I decided I would just call NCL and ask. The rep I spoke to asked some questions, checked something and came back and said that I could give them to my daughter. He said just give them to the TA when making her reservations. This was the answer I wanted but I hate the idea of dangling a $1,000 incentive to book a cruise for them only to later be told, "sorry". Has anyone else done this?

I have two of the $500 Compass Rewards from the old program. I want to give them to my daughter and her husband to use but after reading through some (not all) of this thread I decided I would just call NCL and ask. The rep I spoke to asked some questions, checked something and came back and said that I could give them to my daughter. He said just give them to the TA when making her reservations. This was the answer I wanted but I hate the idea of dangling a $1,000 incentive to book a cruise for them only to later be told, "sorry". Has anyone else done this?

The language concerning redemption states that one of the card holders must occupy the cabin that gets the discount. It is very clear on this point, but NCL can certainly waive this if they wish. Hope that your daughter has a fun cruise.

Howard

Edited by nerd-guy

is the More card for Jan, Feb & March 2010. It also includes Hotels, Airlines & Car Rentals. We switched our Road card to More last month to get 5% off groceries, restaurants, movie rentals or theatres Oct-Dec.

Here they are changing the 5% for auto service, gas, to 1% starting 1/1/10. I was ticked when the 5% was on $100 a month and gas was $4 a gallon. But we will not be using them Jan-March since our cruise is Dec and it is paid for and air also. But we may do some weekenders at a hotel or at least dinners at one.

is the More card for Jan, Feb & March 2010. It also includes Hotels, Airlines & Car Rentals. We switched our Road card to More last month to get 5% off groceries, restaurants, movie rentals or theatres Oct-Dec.

Here they are changing the 5% for auto service, gas, to 1% starting 1/1/10. I was ticked when the 5% was on $100 a month and gas was $4 a gallon. But we will not be using them Jan-March since our cruise is Dec and it is paid for and air also. But we may do some weekenders at a hotel or at least dinners at one.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about, Aft-Lover.

Dianne

The language concerning redemption states that one of the card holders must occupy the cabin that gets the discount. It is very clear on this point, but NCL can certainly waive this if they wish. Hope that your daughter has a fun cruise.

Howard

I emailed NCL and they said it had to someone on the account. They did say if my daughter is an authorized user then she could use them. It was worth a try. Thanks.

You could make your daughter an authorized user by ordering her a card? Doesn't mean you have to give it to her. :D My daughter has her card from my account for when I ask her to pick up stuff for me. This way I don't have to be concerned about whether or not she has enough money if she is doing me a favor.

A poster previouly talked about 5% cashback on Discover, but not all cards. The new MORE card has 5% cashback on cruises, hotels, airlines & movies either rental or theatre in Oct-Dec. I changed to this last month to get all it it giving from the Road card that was to give 5% for all car purchases: gas, maintenance, tires, anything for the car. Last year they changed it to $100 charge a month for $5 cashack a month. Now 1/1 it goes to 1% cashback. So bye bye for More.

4 months ago Bank of America supervisor called me about a new card that had good rewards. Carlson, who has TGIFridays & Radisson hotel & Country Inn & Suites. They sold Radisson 7 Seas to Apollo so it was renamed Regent 7 Seas. But they have a credit card called GoldPointsPlus and gives 4 points per dollar spent on all charges, 20 points per dollar spent on hotels they own and it includes restaurants. You can exchange 34000 points for a $50 VISA card to use for cruises or annywhere. I got $500 off my December cruise with the points from this card. Charged NCL to the card & used the 10 cards to pay for it.

So I said forget the Worldpoints card, which I had with Celebrity & RCCL and it was very bad rewards.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about, Aft-Lover.

Dianne

Edited by AFT_LOVER

Just an FYI - I am cruising in December and as I have earned $100 on board credits I have called and exchanged the 10,000 points for the $100 OBC. I have done this 5 times with no problem. Today I called to do another exchange and the NCL rep told me that they just got off a conference call with BOA and that there can now only be one redemption of each type (ie: 1 $100 OBC per person)

The NCL rep said that they were doing this to discourage people from cashing the points in piece meal (Like I was ) Anyway, I thought she was full of it as I had done it five times previously. I hung up and called back and got another rep who said she could do it but then when she tried to apply it to the reservation it wouldnt apply.

We were able to work around it by putting 1- $50 on each of the people on the reservation (mine and my husbands). Anyway... I guess just heads up. I certainly could have waited and exchanged them all at once but since no one said you couldn't do it I liked seeing the OBC building up and I wanted to be sure nothing happen to those points.

Anyway.. hopes thats clear. Yet another reason BOA sucks!

People looking for an alternate card to the NCL World Points one might want to get the one Chase is now offering thru Priority Club (Intercontinental hotels are giving 30,000 points. That's Holiday Inn & HI Express, Indigo, Candlewood Stes, Crown Plaza, Staybridge Stes) Get the card and get your night before the next cruise free, if you're interested. You just have to use the card once (no specified amount), and in 6-8 weeks you'll be credited with the points and then you can book your free hotel night(s).

Edited by flashdog_1

Have 2 $500 certificates for cashing in from when it was Compass Rewards. On back it said that as long as cruise was booked by expiration date of Nov. 8, 2009, the sailing date could be till Jan. 31, 2011. Because BOA put the letters "NO" after the exp. date, NCL is saying they will not honor it as they will not get paid since the "NO" means all has to be completed by Nov. 8. I am out $1000 as cruise is in 2010...has anyone else fought this battle? I've talked to numerous employees and no one is honoring what it says on the back.