NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

3 hours ago, vince_g said:

Just wanted to make you all aware that B of A will be having "More Rewards Day" once again this year.  It will be on Thursday, November 9th.  All purchases (up to a $2,500) limit will receive an extra 2 points per dollar.  If you are a preferred rewards member, the extra reward from B of A is only calculated based only on the normal 3 points per dollar spent.

Thanks -never heard of this before.  Good day to book my excursions and pay off my next cruise (due in December anyway).  I know from past experience that if the payment drops, they will process a refund so no harm in paying early.  And even better, my cutoff date is the 8th, so charges won't be due for 2 months.

17 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Thanks -never heard of this before.  Good day to book my excursions and pay off my next cruise (due in December anyway).  I know from past experience that if the payment drops, they will process a refund so no harm in paying early.  And even better, my cutoff date is the 8th, so charges won't be due for 2 months.

Last year it was on your full spend that day. They must have gotten killed and had to put a limit in place.

4 hours ago, vince_g said:

you are a preferred rewards member, the extra reward from B of A is only calculated based only on the normal 3 points per dollar spent.

Help me understand.  Just got the NCL card and have triggered the bonus.  Also just qualified for BOA preferred rewards at 50%. On a NCL spend of $1000 will I get 1000+2000 WPs and a BOA bonus of 500?  

On the Nov 9 day, what would my bonus look like on that same NCL spend of $1000.

thanks for the heads up, too.

9 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Help me understand.  Just got the NCL card and have triggered the bonus.  Also just qualified for BOA preferred rewards at 50%. On a NCL spend of $1000 will I get 1000+2000 WPs and a BOA bonus of 500?  

On the Nov 9 day, what would my bonus look like on that same NCL spend of $1000.

thanks for the heads up, too.

You would get 3,000 from NCL, plus 2,000 from 'more rewards', plus 50% of your spend amount, for a total of 5,500 world points.  Here is a link I found which gives everything you need to know...

Bank of America More Rewards Day, Earn Extra 2X Rewards on November 9th - Danny the Deal Guru (dannydealguru.com)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vince_g said:

You would get 3,000 from NCL, plus 2,000 from 'more rewards', plus 50% of your spend amount, for a total of 5,500 world points.  Here is a link I found which gives everything you need to know...

Bank of America More Rewards Day, Earn Extra 2X Rewards on November 9th - Danny the Deal Guru (dannydealguru.com)

Thanks…I actually have a $2500 final payment due the first week of January…so paying early for the points will work.  

53 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Thanks…I actually have a $2500 final payment due the first week of January…so paying early for the points will work.  

I looked back at my rewards activity from last year. Found out it isn't 50% of the amount you spent, but 50% of the points NCL gave you, so it would actually give you 6,500 (based on $1,000 spend). It is a very good deal. I spent 2,000 last year that day, and got 14,500 points, with the 75% preferred bonus. 

Edited by vince_g
additional info

17 hours ago, vince_g said:

I looked back at my rewards activity from last year. Found out it isn't 50% of the amount you spent, but 50% of the points NCL gave you, so it would actually give you 6,500 (based on $1,000 spend). It is a very good deal. I spent 2,000 last year that day, and got 14,500 points, with the 75% preferred bonus. 

Oh wow.  Thanks for the update.  We will be cruising on Nov 9…but I’ve put a couple notes on our itinerary so I don’t miss it.  

On 10/14/2023 at 10:27 AM, vince_g said:

Just wanted to make you all aware that B of A will be having "More Rewards Day" once again this year.  It will be on Thursday, November 9th.  All purchases (up to a $2,500) limit will receive an extra 2 points per dollar.  If you are a preferred rewards member, the extra reward from B of A is only calculated based only on the normal 3 points per dollar spent.

This is a new one for me.  I checked BofA's site and I hope I'm not missing it, but I don't see anything.  Where can I find more info on this?

10 hours ago, laudergayle said:

@vince_g do we have to sign up for this offer, or does it automatically trigger.

No sign up is needed. The extra points trigger automatically. I will be cruising on Oceania Insignia on November 10th, but will squeeze in time to pay for my next NCL cruise the day before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, smillerholmes said:

Nevermind - I found it..  Thanks for the heads up - potentially awesome!

I read about it last year on this forum. If B of A advertised it, maybe they did an email blast, or maybe it was on their website. I think it was so popular last year they had to impose that $2,500 limit.  Imagine the points one would make from paying for a haven booking!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jpepin92 said:

If I get a second NCL card will they allow me to combine my points from my current card?

Yes.  And unlike some airline programs, they do not charge you to move your points.  We have several cards and when I’m ready to use points I move points to my main account.  Although I believe you can have an agent pull them from separate accounts, but it’s too easy to move them yourself online.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Yes.  And unlike some airline programs, they do not charge you to move your points.  We have several cards and when I’m ready to use points I move points to my main account.  Although I believe you can have an agent pull them from separate accounts, but it’s too easy to move them yourself online.  

Wow thanks for the quick response. My cruise is in 45 days so it’s probably to late to get another card and apply the points towards and upgrade at this point. Maybe for next time. Thank you!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

If I have a card in my name and husband has a card in his, are the points still combinable?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

If I have a card in my name and husband has a card in his, are the points still combinable?

Yes.  We both applied for new cards last year and I moved his points to my card, and then used them to do a double meta upgrade from interior to balcony for our upcoming 12 night cruise in Feb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have 30k points. Have a guaranteed inside room. I tried to do a single meta upgrade to an oceanview but there are no guaranteed oceanviews available. We are a family of 4 and cannot settle for an inside cabin, I’m tempted to pay outright to upgrade but it’s very expensive. Any suggestions? As I mentioned the cruise is in 45 days and don’t have much time to get points from a second card.

• Like 1