What do you DO in the concierge lounge??

By far the best is Seranade...the window was fabulous...Maritza(sp?) was super! and they let my son's and their friends in (16-19 y/o) in with no problem...

Breaking rules does not make one super..:rolleyes:

I actually use the DVD library for viewing in my stateroom. Great perk but not a driving factor for my booking a suite. I like the extra space and comfort. There are soft drinks, coffee, breakfast, etc. in the am. Drinks in the evening that is adults only time.

Are the DVD's actually rented or are they for borrowing. I believe I thought they were for borrowing, but I could be wrong as I have not had the opportunity to use the CL yet. I noticed that in post 4, Cruznsugs indicated that DVD's were for rental. Can someone please clarify??

By far the best is Seranade...the window was fabulous...Maritza(sp?) was super! and they let my son's and their friends in (16-19 y/o) in with no problem...

Be thankful I wasn't in the lounge when your son and his friends were allowed in.

They would have been promptly thrown out and Maritza would have a new job sweeping floors.

Are the DVD's actually rented or are they for borrowing. I believe I thought they were for borrowing, but I could be wrong as I have not had the opportunity to use the CL yet. I noticed that in post 4, Cruznsugs indicated that DVD's were for rental. Can someone please clarify??

Borrowing. But please return them promptly - there aren't many, and others may be wanting to watch the one that is just sitting in your cabin. :D

....we will be on the Mariner and experiencing the CL for the 1st time. We've decided that now that we are diamond, there is little reason to be on a ship that does not have a CL, we love Majesty, but Enchantment will become our new best friend for anything other than a 7 day cruise. The perks are what keep us coming back to RCL and we intend to be loyal to the line that offers us the most for our $$. We've been on other lines, and they are just as good in most respects, but we would miss the special treatment RCL extends to its repeat passengers.

I could tell by the tone of that post,you were concerned....maybe we need to stalk out posters on the roll calls before I go and have them ask..:p

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Aside from the cheap Sept. prices, I made my next reservation to be sure I had one more chance to enjoy Julian's lounge before he moves onto another ship for his next contract which has been threatened around here. Not only that, but I have convinced other CC friends to book the cruise with me - at least one couple so far is locked in and they are booked in a GS so that they have lounge access, too. Now won't that be just great if Julian's not on board. KNOT!

If he's not to be back until August 18th - then we will be waiting a while for our final answer. :( You might be the one to have to report it to us since his expected return is only 1 cruise before yours.

Breaking rules does not make one super..:rolleyes:

That response might make sense, if the original quote had been that ". . . Maritza was super, because they let my son's and their friends in . . ."

That certainly doesn't make her fabulous, it makes her reportable to a higher authority. Do you always allow your children to break the rules?

That certainly doesn't make her fabulous, it makes her reportable to a higher authority. Do you always allow your children to break the rules?

1. You don't even know for sure that any rules were broken. If I'm not mistaken, the age restriction on the CL is only during certain hours. Granted, I would make the same assumption that she was talking about the cocktail hours, when the underage passenger are not supposed to be there, but I can't be sure.

2. Even though I've been accused in other threads of being some kind of zealot for the "rules" (because of my view of people hiding booze in listerine bottles and such to sneak it onboard), I don't see that big a deal with someone asking if their kids can accompany them and being told yes. Similarly, I don't think it would be any big deal if you asked, "Can I bring this bottle of booze on board" and you were told yes. If you ask and are given permission, I don't see it as a major offense, as long as it doesn't cause harm to others.

Do people who book a Jr. Suite get a keycard into the lounge?

Not unless you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member. The lounge is for Grand Suite, Owners suites and Royal Suite passengers as well as D/D+ C & A members, unless there is a Diamond Lounge as on the Freedom or Liberty. Then the CL is only for the suite passengers and D/D+ passengers have their own Diamond lounge.

Hi Gina & Kathy: When Dave and I were on the Enchantment this past January we had the pleasure of several conversations with Julian...At that time, he told us he would be staying on the Enchantment indefinately since he loved it so and had no desire to go to a larger ship...I know that things can change, but hope that he will stay on, as we all know how wonderful he is:p ...Later, Jill:cool:

1. You don't even know for sure that any rules were broken. If I'm not mistaken, the age restriction on the CL is only during certain hours. Granted, I would make the same assumption that she was talking about the cocktail hours, when the underage passenger are not supposed to be there, but I can't be sure.

2. Even though I've been accused in other threads of being some kind of zealot for the "rules" (because of my view of people hiding booze in listerine bottles and such to sneak it onboard), I don't see that big a deal with someone asking if their kids can accompany them and being told yes. Similarly, I don't think it would be any big deal if you asked, "Can I bring this bottle of booze on board" and you were told yes. If you ask and are given permission, I don't see it as a major offense, as long as it doesn't cause harm to others.

I did assume she was talking about the cocktail hours, shouldn't have done that, mostly because if they are in a suite they wouldn't need permission for other times. The hours from 5:00 to 8:30 are for adults please keep it that way.Adults do deserve some time and place away from children and teens, there are a lot of places for them to hang out.

what do you think they did when they were allowed in?? Rape and Pillage??? They are very mature and we sat and had appetizer's and a soda, talked and enjoyed the view....good grief.

Having appetizers and a soda means it was after 5 that the 16/19 yo were in the lounge. Those things are not available earlier in the day.

what do you think they did when they were allowed in?? Rape and Pillage??? They are very mature and we sat and had appetizer's and a soda, talked and enjoyed the view....good grief.
YOU have got to be kidding with that response>hahaha:rolleyes:

Be thankful I wasn't in the lounge when your son and his friends were allowed in.

They would have been promptly thrown out and Maritza would have a new job sweeping floors.

touche!

That response might make sense, if the original quote had been that ". . . Maritza was super, because they let my son's and their friends in . . ."

Well, that is what that poster meant.......

Im sure Libertybelles kids were very mature and acted properly(dont they all??).;) ..but I agree with the others,I dont want kids in there with me during the happy hour time........and it is up to the concierge to enforce rules if the parents wont..

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Aside from the cheap Sept. prices, I made my next reservation to be sure I had one more chance to enjoy Julian's lounge before he moves onto another ship for his next contract which has been threatened around here. Not only that, but I have convinced other CC friends to book the cruise with me - at least one couple so far is locked in and they are booked in a GS so that they have lounge access, too. Now won't that be just great if Julian's not on board. KNOT!

If he's not to be back until August 18th - then we will be waiting a while for our final answer. :( You might be the one to have to report it to us since his expected return is only 1 cruise before yours.

I am on a mission...........and will gladly report back to you,if we dont find out ahead of time..

Hi Gina & Kathy: When Dave and I were on the Enchantment this past January we had the pleasure of several conversations with Julian...At that time, he told us he would be staying on the Enchantment indefinately since he loved it so and had no desire to go to a larger ship...I know that things can change, but hope that he will stay on, as we all know how wonderful he is ...Later, Jill
Thanks Jill..........there has been talk of Julian moving so we'll see.........

Well, that is what that poster meant.......

Maybe, but that seems unlikely to me. That may have been a part of the reason that they thought Maritza was "super", but I doubt that the poster meant that it was the main reason. (But I could be wrong.)

This certainly seems like an area where the "higher ups" wouldn't mind letting the concierge have some discretion, though. If they really were well-mannered and weren't doing anything to disturb other guest, and the CL was not crowded, why shouldn't the councierge let them in? I suspect that policy is a lot more about underage drinking than about "adult time." If there were few enough people in there that "Maritza" felt comfortable that there would be no issues, then it should not be a problem.

We were in a deluxe veranda suite on Holland America last April.

No cocktail hour in CL BUT we had unlimited free laundry and dry cleaning.

So, looking forward to the cocktail hours on the Jewel but will miss free laundry!

I liked the free laundry too, but missed the cocktail time as RCCL does it up right.

Also, missed the open 24 hour time for lattes on HAL, as they close their lounge at 8 pm, while RCCL's lounge never closes. We like late night lattes for an after dinner treat.

I choose RCCL's lounge over HALs anytime.

Cheers! :)

Maybe, but that seems unlikely to me. That may have been a part of the reason that they thought Maritza was "super", but I doubt that the poster meant that it was the main reason. .

I never said it was the main reason........

OK,back to topic before this gets REALLY heated...

I never said it was the main reason........

OK,back to topic before this gets REALLY heated...

:rolleyes: Now you're just splitting hairs. The poster said Maritza was super and also said that they let in her sons/friends to the CL. Those two were not necessarily linked as cause & effect, but your reply of "Breaking rules does not make one super..:rolleyes: " made me think you interpreted that as being the main reason that the other poster thought the concierge was super. I was just trying to suggest to you that the poster never claimed that breaking rules was what made this person super. Now you're backing away from that, which is fine. It just came across as another of the cases of one poster pouncing on another, which is all too common on this forum.

Archived