Searching for best key lime pie in Key West

karylj

I am a key lime pie fanatic. My daughter and I will be stopping in Key West for a day in September, and I am determined to taste the best of the best.

Anyone have suggestions for me? :D

Hi there, I think you would be hard pressed to find any in Key West that wasn't great, :D but several of us on our cruise back in January went to the Blond Giraffe (you can yahoo or google it for directions and info) and it was so good, we took seconds back to the ship!! Enjoy, wish I was going there again soon! Kathy

I agree it is all good, but we found this little stand right at the pier, a little kiosk type place they had awesome Key Lime pie.....uuggghhh I won't be back in Key West till next December......08.......

Enjoy!!!!

Kim

Blonde Giraffe, with pastry crust (not that graham cracker stuff), and merenque topping!!!:)

The chocolate stuff on a stick is good too but is more of it's own unique little treat, not a pie. Heck you're on vacation, have both!:D

I am a key lime pie fanatic. My daughter and I will be stopping in Key West for a day in September, and I am determined to taste the best of the best.

Anyone have suggestions for me? :D

You have to go to the Blond Giraffe. We stopped there while in Key West and they have the best home made Key Lime Pie. They are very well known for their frozen key lime pie on a stick. We tried that and their basic key lime pie and it is to die for. Everytime we go to Key West we go there and get a slice. You can actually watch them make the pies!

It's not very far from where the cruise boat docs. It's within walking distance. We walked.

Enjoy!!!

You have to go to the Blond Giraffe. We stopped there while in Key West and they have the best home made Key Lime Pie. They are very well known for their frozen key lime pie on a stick. We tried that and their basic key lime pie and it is to die for. Everytime we go to Key West we go there and get a slice. You can actually watch them make the pies!

It's not very far from where the cruise boat docs. It's within walking distance. We walked.

Enjoy!!!

Ditto. Easy walk to Blonde Giraffe. Wish the regular pie also had a graham cracker crust option, as that is my fave, but we had both the frozen and unfrozen so its all good.

Key Lime Pie is also my favorite. The first time we were in Key West we tried Kermit's key lime pie on a stick dipped in chocolate. I thought it was too tart and in fact, I didn't finish it.

The second time we tried the Blonde Giraffe. This pie is devine! You can either get merinque or whipped topping. Absolutely delicious and the best Key Lime Pie I've ever had.

This thread reminds me of our trip to Key West in 99. We went with our friends on their honeymoon (2nd marriage) and had 4 couples in two Truman Annex Condominiums. The groom had Key Lime pie every night for dinner out at a different restaurant. We all sampled. We were there for 10 nights by the time we got to the end of the trip we were actually more confused than when we started looking for the best pie. My advice is try them all, and enjoy each for its unique taste. :D

jc

Love, love, love Key Lime Pie. Actually, I love, love, love Key West---ergo my loggin name.:D

I have eaten Key Lime Pie probably at every restaurant I've ever been to in Key West, and my favorite is Blond Giraffe. The pie is excellent, but the BEST treat is the frozen chocolate covered KL pie on a stick!!! Ah, pure pleasure!

It's an easy walk from the ship. Just go straight down Duval Street and it'll be on your left (about 1/2 mile).

I'll be there in October!!

Karen

Another vote for the Blond Giraffe! I had the pie. DD had the frozen chocolate covered on a stick. Both were heavenly. I think they may have more than one location. We went to one on Simonton St. which is where the factory is.

• 7 years later...