Do You Know What I Miss from Celebrity?

judyfssw

I miss not being able to see the pictures from the bridgecams. I miss looking at the people in the computer room. I just miss looking at the various ships and ports. Does anyone know if Celebrity is going to get some up and running soon? Has anyone talked with the CD on the ship about this? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I join you in missing the web cams. I used to look at them daily just to see where all the ships were. They were also a big help when planning a cruise. My family really loved watching them when we were sailing on a Celebrity ship to check our weather, port etc. The best of all was when they could see us in the internet cafe or the computer lab. I hope Celebrity brass knows how much they are missed.

I can only confirm that the actual cams (the hardware) are still in place, and for example the bridge cam signal is still being broadcasted on a TV channel on the ships. The website www.celebrityatsea.com however was owned and operated by the previous hosting provider Celebrity worked with. The new hosting provider does not (yet?) have a similar website available. On the positive side, the fees from the new hosting provider are a lot lower; on my recent Century cruise, with a package, I paid 'only' $0.38 per minute (this used to be as much as $0.75) and the Elite Captain's Club discount coupons you find in your cabin give you another 20% off on the $0.38.

Floris

Hi Everyone !

Add me to the list of those who miss the webcams, and would like to see them return. I have repeatdly asked if they will be back. It seems there is no answer right now. I suggest we communicate our wishes to Captains Club, and hopefully our request will fall into the right hands.

ANDY: I agree with your idea to call the Captain's Club. In the past few monthes I have sent various email questions to Celebrity and NEVER received a reply. Finally I picked up the phone and called the Captain's Club. They werre able to provide me with the answers ,except the one as to why no one had replied to my emails.

Michael

I'm glad that there are other people who miss the web cams as much as I do. I also miss the videos that the photo company made of each cruise. I don't have a camcorder so we can look at the ports and some of the staff on our cruise. I am calling the CC as soon as I finish typing this note.

Hi Again. I just got off of the phone with the Captain's Club person. She checked and was told that they think that they will have the web cams again but it won't be soon.:( I told her that if the powers that be want to know what CC members are asking about, to tell them that we would like the web cams back:p

Hi Lois and Marilyn.

ANDY: I agree with your idea to call the Captain's Club. In the past few monthes I have sent various email questions to Celebrity and NEVER received a reply. Finally I picked up the phone and called the Captain's Club. They werre able to provide me with the answers ,except the one as to why no one had replied to my emails.

Michael

Hi Michael !

I often email Captains Club. For the longest time, I rarely recieved a response. More recently, I have been getting responses, but it typically takes a very long time to hear back from them, and it's usually an incomplete or wrong answer.

Your best best is to call Captains Club directly. I have pretty much given up on the email process. I sincerely hope that one of these days, Celebrity will realize the benefits of email. :)

All the IT stuff now is inhouse. I spoke at length with Deena on Mercury... and while the internet connection times are now better..... there are no plans right now for the webcams. They are still trying to get everything running the way it should be. There were still some applications I could not use on my laptop (one of my major reservations sytems!) because the "Celebrity Network" was blocking one of the portals.

There are numerous bugs in the basic systems to be worked out on each ship before they can move on to the frills.

Archived