Current concierges?

fflady

Just returned from the Voyager a few weeks ago and Martin Sanchez was our concierge. Since this was our first trip to Europe we had a lot of questions and Martin did all that he could to help us as far as what excursions would be good, train schedules, taxi information,as well as the usual stuff. And he also kept our drinks full:D He was very helpful!

Just returned from the Voyager a few weeks ago and Martin Sanchez was our concierge. Since this was our first trip to Europe we had a lot of questions and Martin did all that he could to help us as far as what excursions would be good, train schedules, taxi information,as well as the usual stuff. And he also kept our drinks full:D He was very helpful!

Katherine Valenzuela is currently on holiday in Mexico. Her position is being filled by Ingrid who normally works in guest relations.

Also, much to my dismay, Andrea (the bartender on the 13th deck) is also on vacation. Carlos is filling in for her.

BOO HOO - but at least I'm cruising.

Katherine Valenzuela is currently on holiday in Mexico. Her position is being filled by Ingrid who normally works in guest relations.

Also, much to my dismay, Andrea (the bartender on the 13th deck) is also on vacation. Carlos is filling in for her.

BOO HOO - but at least I'm cruising.

We had Ingrid on Brilliance last October. She is fantastic, in fact, I hope she gets the job full time. She's got the same attitude as Maritza!

We were on the June 7 Serenade sailing and Maritza had just ended her contract. :(

This is only hearsay, but she told others she is not returning. She has said that before and returned.

Rahul was the concierge. She trained him well.

One more thing. Since this ship has been trying to shake the noro virus since May 3, there were no hors d'oevres in the evening all week and no explanation. I asked Rahul if this was due to the noro outbreak and he acknowledged it was.

There was Purell EVERYWHERE on that ship the entire week.

We got along just fine without the extra food.

Just returned monday from the Jewel. Nedere Reid from Jamaica seems to be the official concierge on the Jewel now. She is very helpful, accomodating ( liked her better than Andrea ) and a real sweetheart!

I can confirm that Nedere is the concierge on the Jewel of the Seas. Andrea will not be coming back.

We are looking forward to meeting her tomorrow after we board the Jewel in Harwich.

Meanwhile, I have had several confirmations from other officers aboard Jewel that Andrea will not be returning and Nedere is the leading conceirge on the Jewel as of now.

Rick

I also have described her as the Gold Standard.

Ditto that, we sail her ship whenever possible. She makes every cruise that much more special!:D I certainly hope the rumors are just that, rumors that she may not come back. But then again, she may be looking at another ship which will be just as fortunate to have her as the Serenade was for so long...

Ditto that, we sail her ship whenever possible. She makes every cruise that much more special!:D I certainly hope the rumors are just that, rumors that she may not come back. But then again, she may be looking at another ship which will be just as fortunate to have her as the Serenade was for so long...

It would be a shame if Maritza did not return. Hope it is only a rumor. Anyone who has information, please post.

It would be a shame if Maritza did not return. Hope it is only a rumor. Anyone who has information, please post.

Don´t be surprised if Maritza and other excellent concierges will quit now that RCI will cut their salaries in half!

• 2 weeks later...
Just off the MA and had the "pleasure":rolleyes: of dealing with Mitzi.She is at the Guest Relations desk.....she was the least pleasant person on that ship......really the ONLY unpleasant one we came across...

She gave us a hard time about getting our $70 fuel surcharge OBC...said we werent entitled to it..............told her,yes we were and even went and printed out the March RCCL statement (the one that amended the original deal).......we had to keep checking in every day to see what was what.She said she emailed Miami to ask and never heard back...

I had to do some emailing of my own the last day and it finally was credited to our account that night....

It was not so much she didnt know what she was talking about.......it was her attitude.....................glad she isnt a concierge and can only imagine what she was like doing that..

BTW-------we had an overflow lounge to use and both lounges were filled to the brim(overflowing) between 5 and 6.......

We had Mitzi as the concierge on our Mariner sailing last November....she was a wretch! She was demeaning, insulting, condescending (sp?), a down right miserable Bitch. Sorry for the language, but that is about the nicest thing I can say about her. RCI should terminate her contract immediately. I filled out a comment card and even posted here about our experience with her. I just feel that if you spend the money to have a suite and enjoy the luxuries that come with that cost; you should get the respect of the concierge. To make matters worse, we never asked her for anything...it's a long story, but there was a problem with all the key cards and she was less than accomodating...you'd athought we all (every suite) had done something personally to her.

Sorry for the rant, but she really needs to go. I hope we have a better experience with the concierge on the Serenade this November.

:eek:

Well now... with that being said - anyone care to post up who is currently filling that position on the Mariner??

:)

I will clean up the bullet list and repost it tomorrow.

From the last iteration of the list, the Concierges on Mariner are - Fernando/Allen Fajardo (barman Kevin). I save the latest list on my hard drive. I think someone said that the dreaded Mitzi is in Guest Relations so one might have to encounter her there.

Why would the concierge's salaries be cut in half? I must've missed something.
It's been posted on this board that RCI is doing this by people who have sailed but I don't really have any firm details. I think it is noted in the material accompanying the tip envelopes. I wish RCI was not doing this as there is incentive for good Concierges to leave.

I totally agree! Not a good idea. Suite passengers and C&A members pay good bucks to have the priviledge of the concierge's services and the lounge. If this is their plan to cut wages; we'll all be dealing with more "Mitzi's" of the world ~ cranky, unhappy people that don't like their job.

Bad move.

Just got back from Mariner yesterday and have no complaints about Allan or the Concierge lounge. We had main seating and never had trouble in the evening in the lounge getting a seat. I spent a lot of time in the lounge checking Email. Everything there was great.

I think Alan said he plans on being on MA when it goes to LA. Nice guy, seems his whole family is in the cruise business.

I am pleased to say I never ran into Mitzi nor anyone with her attiturde

Just got back from Mariner yesterday and have no complaints about Allan or the Concierge lounge. We had main seating and never had trouble in the evening in the lounge getting a seat. I spent a lot of time in the lounge checking Email. Everything there was great.

I think Alan said he plans on being on MA when it goes to LA. Nice guy, seems his whole family is in the cruise business.

I am pleased to say I never ran into Mitzi nor anyone with her attitude

Our concierge was Diego, and as many had predicted, he was superb! Friendly, professional, easy going and would jumpt through hoops to fill

any requests. We had a great time with him, and hope to sail with him again.

I am pleased to say I never ran into Mitzi nor anyone with her attiturde

Do you know whether Allan will be the Mariner Concierge in mid-August? We sail on her on Aug 17. Did Alan open up a Satellite lounge in addition to the regular CL?

Does any one know if Julian will be on the Enchantment next month? I heard he was going to get married soon but forgot when that was.

You should be good for next month. I think his contract ends in late

Sept.

Archived