Current concierges?

fflady

Does any one know if Julian will be on the Enchantment next month? I heard he was going to get married soon but forgot when that was.

I was wondering if Julian was still trying to get on the Independance? I know at one time he was hoping to change ships.

We have sailed with both Julian and Carlos and they are both wonderful at their jobs!

Our concierge was Diego, and as many had predicted, he was superb! Friendly, professional, easy going and would jumpt through hoops to fill

any requests. We had a great time with him, and hope to sail with him again.

We were on the Legend as well for the 6/15 sail date. I totally agree. Diego was fantastic. Extremely professional and helpful. The quoted statement above me reflects our opinion as well. I hope we meet up with him again.

I was wondering if Julian was still trying to get on the Independance? I know at one time he was hoping to change ships.

We have sailed with both Julian and Carlos and they are both wonderful at their jobs!

He decided not to move to the Independence of the Seas when he bacame engaged to Precious. But who knows...anything is possible. People change their minds.

The last I heard his contract this time will end on Sept. 29th. Now other people are saying it's sooner. Things change. But I don't know first hand if this date has changed. I wish I did.

He decided not to move to the Independence of the Seas when he bacame engaged to Precious. But who knows...anything is possible. People change their minds.

The last I heard his contract this time will end on Sept. 29th. Now other people are saying it's sooner. Things change. But I don't know first hand if this date has changed. I wish I did.

Gina---what are you hearing. You're giving me a heart attack?

Gina, we should do Enchantment again after he comes back. He really is fabulous. Was wondering if he would have gotten IOS and been onboard for our Jan. 2009 cruise but thanks for setting the record straight.

I thought "Willie" was the new concierge on Independence. We haven't sailed a ship yet (Sept) that had a lounge for diamond and another for suite guests. Are there two concierges or is the other a bartender? Not that it really matters!
There are 2 concierges on the Freedom Class Ship -- a regular concierge in the Concierge Lounce and a Diamond concierge in the Diamond lounge. They have relief concierges for both positions.

I think Julian was interested in the Diamond Lounge position but as posted earlier, he is staying on Enchantment -- another reason to take a short cruise on En.

It's been posted on this board that RCI is doing this by people who have sailed but I don't really have any firm details. I think it is noted in the material accompanying the tip envelopes. I wish RCI was not doing this as there is incentive for good Concierges to leave.

I am wondering if what is meant by salary being cut is that the value of the US Dollar has dropped so much, half or more than it used to be worth, against the EURO that being paid in USD instead of Euros represents a pay cut to the Concierges as well as others.

When we were on Mariner, we spoke at great length to someone who was filling in for the vacationing Concierge and she said that she had worked for RCI for several years but was thinking that perhaps she would NOT renew her contract as she was now getting paid less because of the de-valued dollar. I'm sure this has hit others from Europe especially hard.

I don't know if this is actually what was meant, but it makes more sense to me than to think that RCI has actually cut the pay checks to half.

Nope, that's not what they meant. I was told specifically that the pay was being cut in half and that tips were supposed to make up the difference.

Jane

I am wondering if what is meant by salary being cut is that the value of the US Dollar has dropped so much, half or more than it used to be worth, against the EURO that being paid in USD instead of Euros represents a pay cut to the Concierges as well as others.

When we were on Mariner, we spoke at great length to someone who was filling in for the vacationing Concierge and she said that she had worked for RCI for several years but was thinking that perhaps she would NOT renew her contract as she was now getting paid less because of the de-valued dollar. I'm sure this has hit others from Europe especially hard.

I don't know if this is actually what was meant, but it makes more sense to me than to think that RCI has actually cut the pay checks to half.

If you have noticed in recent years there are fewer Europeans working on the cruise ships. This is mostly because of the "de-valued" dollar against the Euro. Bottom line is many Europeans can make more money working land based service jobs in Europe verses working on cruise ships.

Nope, that's not what they meant. I was told specifically that the pay was being cut in half and that tips were supposed to make up the difference.

Jane

That is my understanding as well. It apparently is a cost cutting measure which, IMHO, is ill conceived and has already cost them the services of some excellent concierges such as Andrea who used to be on the Jewel and was very well-regarded. Nedere is said to be an excellent replacement and we have had some excellent concierges including Diego and Julian, but it will be difficult to retain the best when they aren't treated well by the company.:(

Does any one know if Julian will be on the Enchantment next month? I heard he was going to get married soon but forgot when that was.

We loved Julian on Enchantment of Seas,,,he put on some show. fabulous

Tobyhilda

Do you know whether Allan will be the Mariner Concierge in mid-August? We sail on her on Aug 17. Did Alan open up a Satellite lounge in addition to the regular CL?

If this was not answered yet here you go:

Yes Allen will be the concierge in August and no he did not over the 4th of July. It was really only busy between 5:30 and 6. All other times pretty quite. Bar servers were great.

I last saw Ricardo on the inaguaral of Independance , he was working the Diamond lounge on that ship . I am not sure who is in the Diamond Lounge on liberty these days but would like to know as I just booked for this fall.
ditto as we are booked for January 10, 2009.

If this was not answered yet here you go:

Yes Allen will be the concierge in August and no he did not over the 4th of July. It was really only busy between 5:30 and 6. All other times pretty quite. Bar servers were great.

thanks!!

ALL INFO HERE IS PROVIDED BY MEMBERS OF CC. :D

Below you will find RCCLs complete fleet (21 ships) in alphabetical order.

The lightened text are the ships without CLs.

The text you can easily read are the ships which have the lounge as well as who is currently taking care of it.

Where there is more than one person listed those are who fill-in when vacation comes into play. If their name is underlined they are thought to be currently active.

You can contact them at xx_concierge@rccl. com, just replace xx with the two initials in front of the ships name on the list.

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Duygu Tanel (DeDe) - Carmen is currently covering]<- congrats on May wedding :)

2. BR Brilliance of the Seas - Katherine Valenzuela (barman Andrea & Milan)

3. EN Enchantment of the Seas - Julian Querico/ Kenneth<-[until he heads to NV]

4. EX Explorer of the Seas - Ricky (Barman Tomas)

5.C FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge) - François Roux

________________________(Diamond) - Juan Diego Miranda-Allen/Carmeliza Colina [Waiter, Melvin Gomez]

6. -- Grandeur of the Seas - none

7.C ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge) - Gershwin Bronswinkel

____________________________ (Diamond) - Ricardo / Willie (possibly)

8. JW Jewel of the Seas - Nedere Reid (barperson Teodore)

9. LG Legend of the Seas - Diego Tripaldi

10.C LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Pretty Shamu / Juan Diego Miranda-Allen

________________________(Diamond) - Ricardo Mock

11. -- Majesty of the Seas (MJ) - none

12. MA Mariner of the Seas - Fernando/Allen Fajardo (barman Kevin)

13. -- Monarch of the Seas (MN) - none

14. NV Navigator of the Seas – Carlos (29MAR2009 Kenneth Boodoo)

15. RD Radiance of the Seas - Willie Salaya / Reyno Varkevisser

16. -- Rhapsody of the Seas (RH) - none

17. SR Serenade of the Seas - Maritza Moolman (Arthur)/ Rahul Barua

18. -- Sovereign of the Seas (SS) - none

19. SP Splendour of the Seas – Giovanna[holiday-April then moves to MA in JUNE]/Kenneth Boodoo (Mid April 2009)

20. -- Vision of the Seas (VI) - none

21. VY Voyager of the Seas - Martin Sanchez / Gershwin Bronswinkel<-[until ID sails]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone just off the ship or just received contact from upcoming concierge that have anything to update here? We know it's always a changin' :D

Again, word has it that all Vision Family ships will be fitted with CLs before 2009. woohoo

Enchantment Of The Seas

Grandeur Of The Seas

Legend Of The Seas

Rhapsody Of The Seas

Splendour Of The Seas

Vision Of The Seas

I think you will find that on Brilliance it is Angela & Milan, not Andrea. Angela has been on Brilliance for a long time and is well known by Brilliance lovers. She is great.

So for clarification... Angela is the concierge and Milan is the barperson... and Andrea is no longer on the ship?

That is my understanding as well. It apparently is a cost cutting measure which, IMHO, is ill conceived and has already cost them the services of some excellent concierges such as Andrea who used to be on the Jewel and was very well-regarded. Nedere is said to be an excellent replacement and we have had some excellent concierges including Diego and Julian, but it will be difficult to retain the best when they aren't treated well by the company.:(

Bill, I couldn't agree more. Andrea was an excellant concierge and is a great person. Wonder if she ran out of peanut butter M&M's yet?? Mimi

Bill, I couldn't agree more. Andrea was an excellant concierge and is a great person. Wonder if she ran out of peanut butter M&M's yet?? Mimi

I recently had an email from Andrea. She was, indeed, on her last bag of of PB M&Ms!

Jane

We were on the June 7 Serenade sailing and Maritza had just ended her contract. :(

This is only hearsay, but she told others she is not returning. She has said that before and returned.

Rahul was the concierge. She trained him well.

Have we had any more info on Maritza? I am so hoping to see her again onboard Serenade.

Jane

Has anyone sailed on the Jewel lately? I was wondering if Nedere keeps the CL open in the evenings instead of closing it in favor of the larger lounge on deck 13. Andrea did this on our last cruise and we missed the intimacy of the CL. It's easier to meet folks in a smaller room. As much as I admired Andrea for her hard work and efficiency, this was one area where I took exception to her judgment.

Archived