Current concierges?

fflady

Below you will find RCCLs complete fleet (21 ships) in alphabetical order.

The lightened text are the ships without CLs.

The text you can easily read are the ships which have the lounge as well as who is currently taking care of it.

Where there is more than one person listed those are who fill-in when vacation comes into play. If their name is underlined they are thought to be currently active.

You can contact them at xx_concierge@rccl. com, just replace xx with the two initials in front of the ships name on the list.

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Duygu Tanel (DeDe) [on holiday starting 16MAR2008 - Carmen is currently covering]

2. BR Brilliance of the Seas - Katherine Valenzuela (bar man Andrea+++)

3. EN Enchantment of the Seas - Julian Querico/ Kenneth<-[until he heads to NV]

4. EX Explorer of the Seas - Ricky

5.C FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge) - François Roux

5.D FR Freedom of the Seas (Diamond) - Juan Diego Miranda-Allen/Carmeliza Colina [Diamond Club Waiter, Melvin Gomez]

6. -- Grandeur of the Seas - none

7.C ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge) - Gershwin Bronswinkel

7.D ID Independence of the Seas (Diamond) -

8. JW Jewel of the Seas - Andrea Levitt (bar man Teodore}/ Nedere Reid

9. LG Legend of the Seas - Diego Tripaldi

10.C LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Pretty Shamu / Juan Diego Miranda-Allen

10.D LB Liberty of the Seas (Diamond) - Ricardo Mock

11. -- Majesty of the Seas (MJ) - none

12. MA Mariner of the Seas - Fernando/Mitzi [Giovanna starts in JUNE]

13. -- Monarch of the Seas (MN) - none

14. NV Navigator of the Seas – Carlos (29MAR2009 Kenneth Boodoo)

15. RD Radiance of the Seas - Willie Salaya

16. -- Rhapsody of the Seas (RH) - none

17. SR Serenade of the Seas - Maritza Moolman / Rahul Barua

18. -- Sovereign of the Seas (SS) - none

19. SP Splendour of the Seas – Giovanna[holiday-April then moves to MA in JUNE]/Kenneth Boodoo (Mid April 2009)

20. -- Vision of the Seas (VI) - none

21. VY Voyager of the Seas - Martin Sanchez / Gershwin Bronswinkel<-[until ID sails]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Juan is moved temporarily on this list to Liberty as a temp... until it is known for sure where Pretty is going and if Juan is no longer on the Freedom.

Libby7 thanks - I think I have it correct now.

DayRate ~ gotcha! ;), thanks!

Thanks for the recent updates folks! :)

ANYTHING ELSE OUT THERE THAT IS NEW TO ADD?
We know it's always a changin' :D

We returned from the Serenade on March 22. I had read so much about Maritza Moolman but had no idea she was that incredible!!! She is so friendly to everyone and goes far beyond your expectations! She will do anything she can to help! She is wonderful!!!!!!

Tootsie

We returned from the Serenade on March 22. I had read so much about Maritza Moolman but had no idea she was that incredible!!! She is so friendly to everyone and goes far beyond your expectations! She will do anything she can to help! She is wonderful!!!!!!

Tootsie

Yes, Maritza is a doll. At the evening receptions she is constantly in motion, making the rounds to say hello and ensure that everyone has what they need. Last year, as we waited to disembark in San Diego after our cruise, we overheard two women carping about lack of service on the ship. It was their first cruise and apparently they literally expected to be waited on hand and foot. I had to conclude that they were just a couple of malcontented biddies who could never be satisfied after I heard them badmouthing Maritza!

Maritza is a key factor in our decision to sail on Serenade again this year (fourth time on this ship).

Happy cruising,

Susan

Yes, Maritza is a doll. At the evening receptions she is constantly in motion, making the rounds to say hello and ensure that everyone has what they need. Last year, as we waited to disembark in San Diego after our cruise, we overheard two women carping about lack of service on the ship. It was their first cruise and apparently they literally expected to be waited on hand and foot. I had to conclude that they were just a couple of malcontented biddies who could never be satisfied after I heard them badmouthing Maritza!

Maritza is a key factor in our decision to sail on Serenade again this year (fourth time on this ship).

Happy cruising,

Susan

:eek: :eek: :eek:

No way!!!

Maritza IS the GOLD STANDARD!!!

We LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!

:D

The text you can easily read are the ships which have the lounge as well as who is currently taking care of it.

Where there is more than one person listed those are who fill-in when vacation comes into play. If their name is underlined they are thought to be currently active.

You can contact them at xx_concierge@rccl. com, just replace xx with the two initials in front of the ships name on the list.

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Duygu Tanel (DeDe) [on holiday starting 16MAR2008 - Carmen is currently covering]

5.D FR Freedom of the Seas (Diamond) - Juan Diego Miranda-Allen/Carmeliza Colina [Diamond Club Waiter, Melvin Gomez]

10.C LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Pretty Shamu / Juan Diego Miranda-Allen

15. RD Radiance of the Seas - Willie Salaya / Reyno Varkevisser

19. SP Splendour of the Seas – Giovanna[holiday-April then moves to MA in JUNE]/Kenneth Boodoo (Mid April 2009)

21. VY Voyager of the Seas - Martin Sanchez / Gershwin Bronswinkel<-[until ID sails]

ANYTHING ELSE OUT THERE THAT IS NEW TO ADD? We know it's always a changin' :D

SherriZ366 - GMTA ;)

On Brilliance.....bar MAN = Andrea

Is this a male or female? Guess I will find out in a couple of days...but just wondering if I am reading this right:confused:

Bar man... bar person... Bar Woman... same thing... I believe you will be greeting a bar woman ;)

Does anyone know when DeDe will be returning to AOS?

We just got off 4/6 sailing and Carmen Rodriguez is current concierge. I do not have exact date but do know Carmen is getting married and taking her holiday May 25 to get married. So I am sure DeDe will be back. Based on speaking with staff their vacation break is usually 2 months so Dede should be back Mid May by my guess.

Don't worry though Carmen did a wonderful job- I learned that she was from guest relations and that is the same department so cover for one another.

We just got off 4/6 sailing and Carmen Rodriguez is current concierge. I do not have exact date but do know Carmen is getting married and taking her holiday May 25 to get married. So I am sure DeDe will be back. Based on speaking with staff their vacation break is usually 2 months so Dede should be back Mid May by my guess.

Don't worry though Carmen did a wonderful job- I learned that she was from guest relations and that is the same department so cover for one another.

Thx we are sailing in Aug so I imagine we will have DeDe. Is the lounge a decent size?

Thx we are sailing in Aug so I imagine we will have DeDe. Is the lounge a decent size?

I took plenty of photos and hope to get them into webshots shortly.

I looked at my photo and count 5 leather loveseats and 12 barrel style chairs. The busiest night was prior to first seating formal dinner. If you arrive early (4:35-empty) and then again as first dinner seating starts.

Any questions just ask..I know I had plenty before the cruise.

things I got answered myself that I was dying to know:

1.) beverages: free soda (glass or can), juice for mixers,bottle beer (heinekin,amstel) as well as canned.(these are in cooler and a tough pull to get it open)

There is open wine via Carmen setting it up, mixed drinks, coffee machine.

2.)light snacks- it varied- peti foers, veg sticks and dip, choc covered strawberries, white choc squares- look like krispie treats (very good)

3.)Carmen can set up excursions, reservations

4.)Did express luggage program and gave to Carmen Thurs at 5pm- worked like a dream.

(I posted recently all the details on this on CC) Carmen, said there was a fee (as brochure listed for $20) we never had fee on our sea pass- I had read it was a suite benefit- so either they are changing free policy, or misinformation.

4.)Menu for the day, Portofino, Johnny Rockets available for viewing in lounge

5.)Continental breakfast never used

6.)amenities- variety of travel type magazines, board games

Oh- the door opens in and will get you every time! (At least I think it does- see I still don't recall)

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Duygu Tanel (DeDe) [on holiday starting 16MAR2008 - Carmen is currently covering]<- congrats on May wedding :)

Thanks for the updates.

What has happened to Paul Murphy, he was the

consiege on the Freedom in 2006.

I had dinner with Paul and Captain Tengelsen at Portofino on Freedom in September of 2007, and at that time Paul was back at the guest relations desk as a purser. Francois Roux has been the concierge for some time now on Freedom, and has just returned from his two month holiday and will be on until the end of September. I am not aware of who his vacation relief will be at this time..

Hi:

We've been Diamond members for quite a while now and always enjoy the DL and the concierges. We'll be on the IOS twice this year and I know they will have a Diamond Lounge and concierge; but we're also booked on a B2B next year on the Rhapsody, who has no CL. Does this mean that there just isn't a concierge there to help you and you can still get the "Diamond Member" privleges, i.e., drinks before dinner etc. Or does this mean as a "Diamond Member" that there are no lounges available or services? I should know this, but I think this is the first time we've been booked on a ship with a CL.

I know all of you "experts" out there will enlighten me on this subject:D .

Thanks in advance.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita);)

Unless they add a concierge lounge to Rhapsody before you sail, you will not have free drinks or hors d'ouevres in the evening and no concierge to assist you. The loyalty ambassador may be of some assistance to you and guest services should respond to any requests or questions you might have. Otherwise I guess you will have to "rough it" for the duration of your time on Rhapsody. We last sailed her several years ago from Hawaii to Vancouver and enjoyed her tremendously, even without a concierge lounge.:)

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Duygu Tanel (DeDe) [on holiday starting 16MAR2008 - Carmen is currently covering]<- congrats on May wedding :)

2. BR Brilliance of the Seas - Katherine Valenzuela (barman Andrea+++)

4. EX Explorer of the Seas - Ricky (Barman Tomas)

Word has it that all Vision Family ships will be fitted with CLs by 2009.

Buffetfan - when is Carmen starting her holiday?

Thanks for the updates.

We just got back from Enchantment last week and Julian was absolutely wonderful! The CL was not crowded and a couple nights dh and I were the only ones in there(7:30 - 8:30) and we got to have great conversations w/Julian. Our friends kept calling him Usher because he could be his twin brother!

Julian also does a show(if you are lucky) on the last night and does a terrific Michael Jackson impersonation.He made it a very memorable cruise for us!:D

Just returned from Mariner and Allen Fajardo is the concierge. He mentioned that he was new to Mariner and would be on until the end of the year when he will take a shortened vacation and rejoin the ship right before it's trip around the horn.

He and Kevin (bartender) were GREAT last week!! :) We had second seating and and the lounge was quiet for us. There were only 67 Diamond members and it seemed that most had early seating.

Archived