Current concierges?

fflady

I know the concierges e-mail the suite guests ahead of time' date=' but do Diamond Plus members get an e-mail as well? We turn Diamond Plus after our next cruise and would really like that perk! Does anyone know? All you D Plus'ers out there?[/quote']

Don't count on being contacted. We never were and I would have liked to have been. I did see that someone was able to email their concierge, but I was never able to find an email address for ours.

We're sailing on Explorer in a GS on Sunday and haven't heard anything from the concierge as yet. Does anybody know when they would contact us if the were going to?? I've heard about Ricky but I don't think he's on Explorer at the minute according to some of the other boards.

We just got off the Explorer and Ricky is now on vacation. "Nicky" is replacing him and I think he's a little overwhelmed. Nicky was in the overflow lounge "Chambers" for our cruise. Nice guy and really trys hard.

Don't count on being contacted. We never were and I would have liked to have been. I did see that someone was able to email their concierge, but I was never able to find an email address for ours.

Thanks, Jolene. I didn't think that was one of the perks. May make that suggestion, though. But I think that might be too overwhelming for them. Looking forward to the CL on the Brilliance in about three weeks!

Thanks' date=' Jolene. I didn't think that was one of the perks. May make that suggestion, though. But I think that might be too overwhelming for them. Looking forward to the CL on the Brilliance in about three weeks![/quote']

Let me know how the holiday cruise is! I would love to do that someday too!

Suite guest designation is only for GS and above. There are NO suite perks for JS. Think of a JS as a large balcony room and nothing more.

I too hope they replace Mitzi.

That's what I thought. Guess I'll just get my ice tickets in the CL (we ae Diamond). JS does have some perks -- special toiletries and 2 cruise credits. DH was amazed at the extra closet space especially on the JS on Mariner.

That's what I thought. Guess I'll just get my ice tickets in the CL (we ae Diamond). JS does have some perks -- special toiletries and 2 cruise credits. DH was amazed at the extra closet space especially on the JS on Mariner.

Sorry, I forgot about the 2 cruise credits, robe, and bath tub. The toiletries did nothing for me....I didn't think they smelled that nice and didn't lather real well. My own stuff was better. It was nice to have the robe and bath though. But for my money I'd rather have the GS and the concierge lounge, priority boarding, upgraded bedding, pillow menu, suite room service menu (new perk), etc.

No matter what room you purchase, being anywhere on a cruise is better than not in my book!:D

Sorry, I forgot about the 2 cruise credits, robe, and bath tub. The toiletries did nothing for me....I didn't think they smelled that nice and didn't lather real well. My own stuff was better. It was nice to have the robe and bath though. But for my money I'd rather have the GS and the concierge lounge, priority boarding, upgraded bedding, pillow menu, suite room service menu (new perk), etc.

No matter what room you purchase, being anywhere on a cruise is better than not in my book!:D

AMEN to that one!!

We are now Diamond & this next cruise--all 15 glorious days--will be our first with a CL. (well not really, we were on teh Splndour in a OS and go the CL, but it was small & wonderful) Anywya, we are looking forward to a much smaller bar bill;)

just returned from navigator of the seas and carlos was our conceirge.. he is the nicest , most accommodating gentleman,, and cute too :)..we never went to the satellite lounge which they used the dungeon because we wanted to spend time with Carlos..

But for my money I'd rather have the GS and the concierge lounge, priority boarding, upgraded bedding, pillow menu, suite room service menu (new perk), etc.

You get priority boarding and robes as a Platinium and up and the CL and priority departure for Diamond so if you keep crusing, you can even get the perks in the lowest inside. RCI's perks and discounts ($100 off a balcony room for Platinium and $200 off if you are Diamond) are one reason that we keep coming back.

With regard to Mitzi on the Mariner.....

We had her as Concierge on the November 11th sailing. Apparently she is new in her role, as she had previously worked in Guest Relations. I didn't have much interaction with her, although we did have a little chat about us both being from Toronto.

I found that she was in the Lounge every evening, and made a point of chatting with most of the guests. Personally, I did not have any problems with her at all, and found her to be quite smiley and friendly. Now having said that, I also did not need her to do anything for me - so I cannot comment about what her level of service is like.

I am sailing on the AOS in February and am looking forward to seeing DeDe again :) Hope she is still the Concierge???

I know we're supposed to be discussing the concierges, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the perks are specific to the Royal Suite?No, I didn't book it, but someone in my party did for next year!

From other threads it looks like the only additional perk for the Royal Suite (and also the Presidential) vs the other suites are flowers and wine/champagne on boarding (and it seems on some cruises, all suites received that also). But I would guess that most of the time the Royal Suite guests would get an invitation to the Captains' or other officer's table for dinner.

But I would guess that most of the time the Royal Suite guests would get an invitation to the Captains' or other officer's table for dinner.

Bad assumption - you get nothing more than a GS or OS in terms of service or attention - just a larger room. The invitation to the Captain's table is random, had it in less expensive rooms and not in more expensive rooms - go figure!

We're sailing on Explorer in a GS on Sunday and haven't heard anything from the concierge as yet. Does anybody know when they would contact us if the were going to?? I've heard about Ricky but I don't think he's on Explorer at the minute according to some of the other boards.

We had an email from the concierge this past Monday, and we're sailing Freedom this Sunday - 12/2. By other posts I've seen, it looks like they could email from a week out up to Wednesday.

I, too, am interested in knowing about the CL on Voyager. I have just made Diamond!! Yipee!!! My sister will be sailing with me (in my cabin) on the Jan. 6 cruise out of Galveston and was wondering if she would be able to go into the CL with me? Besides the booze, what other "perks" does the concierge add?

Barb

I know we're supposed to be discussing the concierges, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the perks are specific to the Royal Suite?No, I didn't book it, but someone in my party did for next year!

We are booked in the RS for our upcoming Christmas Cruise and this is what RCCL has emailed me regarding the RS amenities and perks (hope this helps):

Guests sailing in the Royal Suite are treated to a wide variety of amenities. The following list is provided for your convenience.

Upon Arrival:

- Your stateroom will have 1 bottle of Moet Champagne.

Note: alcoholic beverages are available but not provided complimentary for the bar.

- Complimentary water and Fruit Plate.

- Duvet cover

- Vitality Bathroom amenities

- 1 Dozen Red Roses

- Suite Attendant Service

- Terry Robes for use on board

- Complimentary Logo Slippers

- Ensuite Coffee/Tea Service

- Pillow Menu

- Binoculars *for Asia, Alaska, South America and Europe itineraries.

- Priority check-in

- Pre-blocked salon appointments

- Priority Tender Tickets

- Concierge Package with Key Voyager, Freedom and Radiance class vessels

- Priority Ice Show Tickets Voyager and Freedom Class vessels

- Personalize invitation to the Art Auctions

- Priority Shore Excursion Arrangements

First Formal Evening:

- Cheese Plate with Crackers prior to dinner.

2nd formal/Last evening:

- Plate of Petit Fours at turndown.

- Expedited Departure

- Early Debark Tags

We are booked in the RS for our upcoming Christmas Cruise and this is what RCCL has emailed me regarding the RS amenities and perks (hope this helps):

Guests sailing in the Royal Suite are treated to a wide variety of amenities. The following list is provided for your convenience.

Upon Arrival:

- Your stateroom will have 1 bottle of Moet Champagne.

Note: alcoholic beverages are available but not provided complimentary for the bar.

- Duvet cover

- 1 Dozen Red Roses

- Pillow Menu

- Priority check-in

First Formal Evening:

2nd formal/Last evening:

- Expedited Departure

- Early Debark Tags

Thanks for sharing this information, but other than the roses and champagne nothing is any different than what you get in the Grand or Owners Suite (we just had the GS on Mariner over Thanksgiving). That's kinda a bummer but it's still a great room. Please post your experience and let me know how you liked it!

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for sharing this information, but other than the roses and champagne nothing is any different than what you get in the Grand or Owners Suite (we just had the GS on Mariner over Thanksgiving). That's kinda a bummer but it's still a great room. Please post your experience and let me know how you liked it!

Happy Sailing!

Thank you! Yes, I will post a full review once we get back from the Explorer. In regards to the amenities, I totally agree, there is not much difference. I guess pre-blocked salon appointments would be one, but then again, its not something I worry too much about anyway! :)

Upon Arrival:

- Your stateroom will have 1 bottle of Moet Champagne -

Did not receive on Mariner GS week of Nov. 25..

- Duvet cover

- 1 Dozen Red Roses - did not receive on Mariner GS

- Pillow Menu

- Priority check-in - terrible so called priority check in at Cape Canaveral

First Formal Evening:

2nd formal/Last evening:

- Expedited Departure

- Early Debark Tags

New addition - complementary luggage valet service directly from your GS or higher to your home airport (certain conditions apply).

Lynnees: The above was quoted for category RS, I am not sure about the amenities for an GS or OS.

With the exception of the champagne and roses, all the amenities for GS and OS are the same as they are for RS. However, the complimentary valet service for your luggage is only being offered on Mariner right now, at least that's what we were told by the Guest Services Mgr. when we were onboard the week of Thanksgiving. They are using Mariner as a test for this service, so it may not yet be available on other vessels.

Happy Sailing to all!

Archived