Current concierges?

fflady

Now that I have that question asked, we are on the Mariner in November. I haven't heard many (actually none) nice remarks about the concierge on the Mariner.

On our last Serenade the fellow was always very slow. He never had the bar set up on time always 10 -20 minutes late. He told us he was just filling in for someone else but I can't remember who. That was last January.

When we were on the AOS in March there was a nice young lady but I can't remember her name. She just told us to help ourselves. (shrug)

A couple of years ago we had a wonderful young man on the Serenade whose name also escapes me but nothing on the list rings a bell. We really found him super helpful, especially when we wantedd to throw a bit of a cocktail paper in our suite. He was on the Brilliance in the Med June 2004 in case anyone can tell me who he was.

M

Now that I have that question asked, we are on the Mariner in November. I haven't heard many (actually none) nice remarks about the concierge on the Mariner.

Mariner just changed concierges, so perhaps reports will be more to your liking.

On our last Serenade the fellow was always very slow. He never had the bar set up on time always 10 -20 minutes late. He told us he was just filling in for someone else but I can't remember who. That was last January.

When we were on the AOS in March there was a nice young lady but I can't remember her name. She just told us to help ourselves. (shrug)

A couple of years ago we had a wonderful young man on the Serenade whose name also escapes me but nothing on the list rings a bell. We really found him super helpful, especially when we wantedd to throw a bit of a cocktail paper in our suite. He was on the Brilliance in the Med June 2004 in case anyone can tell me who he was.

M

Does the word "party" sound more appropriate. (I have no idea what I was thinking about when I wrote that.)

Can anyone tell me if there are a lot of D/+ booked on a cruise and one has both a suite (gs) and is a D member which lounge (if there are two) does one get access to?

(Hope that made sense.)

M

Marilyn, on our recent C&A Member's Cruise on Radiance (9/14) only the suite guests got to use the CL 24/7 and the D/D+ Members were given the Star Quest Lounge for continental breakfast and evening cocktail hour between 5 and 8:30. There was no specialty coffees in the Star Quest which caused a few waves on board.

I believe that suite guests were to use the Lounge for Cocktail hour and not the D/D+ lounge. I'll find someone from our cruise who is D+ and direct them here to answer your question.

On the cruise following ours that was going to Hawaii, only Suite quests and D+ were able to use the CL. They again probably had a separate place for the Diamond members during the day, and the Star Quest or Hollywood Odyessy in the evenings.

We have threads started for current captains and CD's. How about starting one for current concierge's? Please post if you know who the current concierges are....

Adventure of the Seas -

Brilliance of the Seas -

Empress of the Seas - none

Enchantment of the Seas -

Explorer of the Seas -

Freedom of the Seas - CL - Francios

Freedom of the Seas - D/D+ lounge,,,Jaun

Grandeur of the Seas - none

Jewel of the Seas -

Legend of the Seas - none

Liberty of the Seas - CL -

Liberty of the Seas - D/D+ lounge...

Majesty of the Seas - none

Mariner of the Seas -

Monarch of the Seas - none

Navigator of the Seas -

Radiance of the Seas - Willie Salaya

Rhapsody of the Seas - none

Serenade of the Seas -

Sovereign of the Seas - none

Splendour of the Seas - none

Vision of the Seas - none

Voyager of the Seas -

That's all I know for sure

If you're in a full suite and D/D+, you will be able to go to either the CL or any overflow lounge. If you're in a suite but not D/D+ you can only use the CL. When going to the overflow lounge they only look at your Seapass to see your C&A level.

Interestingly, the ship personnel do not have any authority to decide where or even if the overflow lounge will be. Miami dictates that based on their numbers. On the Radiance cruise that Patti is talking about, the overflow was initially in the Hollywood Odyssey in spite of repeated pleas by the onboard staff that it wouldn't be large enough. Sure enough, it was an absurd zoo on the first night and relocated to the Starquest after that.

Marilyn, the fill in Concierge on Serenade sounds like Juan Diego ____ (I've blanked out his last name). Great eye candy, but didn't have the necessary management skills to run the CL. And, although it was nice that he was a friendly fellow, he spent too long schmoozing with each guest while mixing their drinks, to the point that the line went out the door.

Marilyn, on our recent C&A Member's Cruise on Radiance (9/14) only the suite guests got to use the CL 24/7 and the D/D+ Members were given the Star Quest Lounge for continental breakfast and evening cocktail hour between 5 and 8:30. There was no specialty coffees in the Star Quest which caused a few waves on board.

I believe that suite guests were to use the Lounge for Cocktail hour and not the D/D+ lounge. I'll find someone from our cruise who is D+ and direct them here to answer your question.

On the cruise following ours that was going to Hawaii, only Suite quests and D+ were able to use the CL. They again probably had a separate place for the Diamond members during the day, and the Star Quest or Hollywood Odyessy in the evenings.

Thanks for the information. This is the first time we will be under both - suite (GS) and Diamond. We are usually in a JS so go with the D/D+ category.

M

If you're in a full suite and D/D+, you will be able to go to either the CL or any overflow lounge. If you're in a suite but not D/D+ you can only use the CL. When going to the overflow lounge they only look at your Seapass to see your C&A level.

Interestingly, the ship personnel do not have any authority to decide where or even if the overflow lounge will be. Miami dictates that based on their numbers. On the Radiance cruise that Patti is talking about, the overflow was initially in the Hollywood Odyssey in spite of repeated pleas by the onboard staff that it wouldn't be large enough. Sure enough, it was an absurd zoo on the first night and relocated to the Starquest after that.

Marilyn, the fill in Concierge on Serenade sounds like Juan Diego ____ (I've blanked out his last name). Great eye candy, but didn't have the necessary management skills to run the CL. And, although it was nice that he was a friendly fellow, he spent too long schmoozing with each guest while mixing their drinks, to the point that the line went out the door.

I think your right - that sounds like the right name.

I guess this time we'll be lucky as it won't matter if there is an overflow. We can go whereever. The mariner does not have a full sailing so far so if that is any indication there will probably be lots of room in the CL anyway.

On our OAS cruise in March the CL was under utilized. Whenever we went in there was always lots of room to sit and never many people in there at any given time.

M

M

Hey there,

Which sailing are you on Mariner in November? We are too and I was trying to figure it out by your countdown clock, but not sure if I got it right. Anyway, we are going out on the 18th for the Thanksgiving cruise. There's a great group registered in the roll call. So if this is the sailing you're on, please register and join the fun!

Mariner just changed concierges, so perhaps reports will be more to your liking.

Do you know the name of the new one on Mariner? I hope it's not this Kevin M. that has gotten nothing but negative press here. We're using the CL and Concierge services for the first time on our upcoming sailing and I'll be really disappointed if it's a crumby experience.

Thanks!

Do you know the name of the new one on Mariner? I hope it's not this Kevin M. that has gotten nothing but negative press here. We're using the CL and Concierge services for the first time on our upcoming sailing and I'll be really disappointed if it's a crumby experience.

Thanks!

I don't recall; I'm sorry. I think it's a woman. Someone posted in a recent thread; you may be able to scroll back a few pages and find it.

Kevin's gone. We met him in August and have nothing but good things to say.

Thanks!

I don't recall; I'm sorry. I think it's a woman. Someone posted in a recent thread; you may be able to scroll back a few pages and find it.

Kevin's gone. We met him in August and have nothing but good things to say.

When we sailed on the Jewel in Jan. 07, we had a Concierge named Alistar. He was by far the worst ever. In the past, we've had the privledge to meet Ricky (Explorer), Willie (Radiance) and Julian (Enchantment).

Alistar was always Internet surfing...barely lifted his head to say hello each night. The lounge frequently ran out of glasses, had to make mixed drinks in a paper coffee cups. There were never plastic drink stirrers, had to use the wooden coffee ones. The finger food appetizers were just that.. had to use a napkin... no plates, utensils, etc...AND 'hot' food was always COLD. When we'd ask Alistar for anything...glasses, utensils, plates, HOT food, etc. He'd just look up from his computer and say he's out of them, put his head back down and resume this 'net surfing.

Our fun loving group just made the best of the situation and made jokes amongst ourselves of what was soooo interesting on the internet. When we'd be in another bar or place to eat, we'd joke about taking our own plates, utensils, stirrers from there TO the Concierge's lounge each night. We still laugh now when reminiscing about the cruise and how BAD he was.

Hopefully, he's not filling in anymore when the Andrea or Robert are on vacation.

I will have to remember, if we have a fill-in for the normal concierge on Jewel in December, to speak with Mpho if this should happen to us. He is their boss and a very nice man.

Hey there,

Which sailing are you on Mariner in November? We are too and I was trying to figure it out by your countdown clock, but not sure if I got it right. Anyway, we are going out on the 18th for the Thanksgiving cruise. There's a great group registered in the roll call. So if this is the sailing you're on, please register and join the fun!

We'll actually be getting on as you are getting off. We sail on the 25th. We were originally scheduled to sail on Sept. 25 but changed it to November. We didn't realize at the time that is was just after your Thanksgiving. This weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving.

M

Hello all! Just back from the 13 day Alaska Cruise on the Serenade. We had Maritza as our Concierge and she is fabulous! Only Suite members had the use of the Concierge Lounge. The Diamond nad DImaond plus had Portofinos every day for Continental Breakfast and we did have "Fancy" coffee and Expresso available. IN the evenings Diamond and Diamond plus had the Vortex Lounge for Hor's d'ouvres (spellong??) and cocktails. Very pleasant!

Thanks!

Kevins last week with RCI was the 9/16 Mariner sailing. He is leaving the company to go live in South Africa with his finacee. He has been replaced by Mitzi, who is trying hard to do a good job. We sailed BTB 9/16 and 9/23 and got to witness both Kevin and Mitzi and work. Mitzi is a big improvement over Kevin.

Hello all! Just back from the 13 day Alaska Cruise on the Serenade. We had Maritza as our Concierge and she is fabulous! Only Suite members had the use of the Concierge Lounge. The Diamond nad DImaond plus had Portofinos every day for Continental Breakfast and we did have "Fancy" coffee and Expresso available. IN the evenings Diamond and Diamond plus had the Vortex Lounge for Hor's d'ouvres (spellong??) and cocktails. Very pleasant!
That would have worked for me -- all my needs met especially the espresso and Portofinos has windows. The Vortex would be great too -- it also has windows. Seems like RCCL is coming up with new ideas to handle the overflow and using space that is not being utilized at the important times -- i.e Portofinos is not used for breakfast and the whole Viking Crown area on our cruises on Radiance class ships was underutilized before dinner. Were you in the "Diamond area (eg DL) or CL? Did the Diamond folks get any interaction with Maritza (wonder if she was supervising both operations -- she is more than capable of doing so)? Was there someone in the DL to help with problems?

Yes, Maritza was supervising both areas and was in the Vortex every evening. She did not appear at Portofinos in the am, however their staff was very nice and took time with everyone. It met our needs as well, great place to see the Whales and also get a good coffee!

Leslie and Sherri:

I too am in the Maritza camp when it comes to the best concierge. She is the reason I look so forward to returning to the Serenade.

Actually, I saw two employee of the year awards by her desk last year, not just one.

I know how you feel. Maritza is a real sweetheart and goes out of her way to make you feel special. We haven't sailed with her in quite a while but were able to speak to her by phone.

We also just returned from the Serenade and Maritza and her staff did a wonderful job. She was in the Vortex every evening and always came around and chatted with everyone. We did visit the CL during the day for coffee. She had a new staff member,Frank, in the CL during the day and he was always pleasant and so helpful. We are Diamond members and did not stay in a suite.

We are about to take our first suite cruise...not our first cruise...just our first grand suite. We are traveling on Freedom of the Seas. So...since kids/teens are not allowed in the concirege lounge, what do you usually do with your teens before dinner if you want to take advantage of the concierge lounge...what do you do about continental breakfast. We do like to eat as a family but I want to enjoy the perks of the GS:D . Any suggestions? Are teens allowed in at breakfast? Or are they only banned when alcohol is being served? :confused:

Thanks!

We are about to take our first suite cruise...not our first cruise...just our first grand suite. We are traveling on Freedom of the Seas. So...since kids/teens are not allowed in the concirege lounge, what do you usually do with your teens before dinner if you want to take advantage of the concierge lounge...what do you do about continental breakfast. We do like to eat as a family but I want to enjoy the perks of the GS:D . Any suggestions? Are teens allowed in at breakfast? Or are they only banned when alcohol is being served? :confused:

Thanks!

Kids are only "banned" for cocktail hour. I'm not sure the continental breakfast in the lounge will work for you though. It's very small with only a limited selection. I think you'd be much better off in the Windjammer.

Archived