Current concierges?

fflady

We are about to take our first suite cruise...not our first cruise...just our first grand suite. We are traveling on Freedom of the Seas. So...since kids/teens are not allowed in the concirege lounge, what do you usually do with your teens before dinner if you want to take advantage of the concierge lounge...what do you do about continental breakfast. We do like to eat as a family but I want to enjoy the perks of the GS:D . Any suggestions? Are teens allowed in at breakfast? Or are they only banned when alcohol is being served? :confused:

Thanks!

Saw kids in the Mariner's CL for breakfast when I sailed last January. The banning from the CL is tied to the alcohol.

Though I saw on an earlier post that Maritza now has two Employee of the Year awards. Am not surprised. I remember one was for 2004, does anyone know what year the 2nd reward was for?

From what I recall, I don't believe they were for consecutive years. I wrote a note of commendation about her after our 2006 cruise. I can't wait to see her next year. She is my absolute favorite.

From what I recall, I don't believe they were for consecutive years. I wrote a note of commendation about her after our 2006 cruise. I can't wait to see her next year. She is my absolute favorite.

I wrote about her also and used my Commodore Card to praise her.

Jewel is usually Andrea...Maritza is on Serenade.

Andrea was on the Jewel when we did the transatlantic this past April. That cruise had more than 250 Diamond members and we found it interesting that the "overflow" lounge (The Hollywood Odyssey) was even more popular than the concierge lounge. Why? Well, they had real bartenders who were willing to make any kind of drink (including Martinis) and the view from that lounge is fantastic. We are flying over to Barcelona to take the Brilliance back to FTL and hope the situation is similar to on the Jewel.

Hank

Kevins last week with RCI was the 9/16 Mariner sailing. He is leaving the company to go live in South Africa with his finacee. He has been replaced by Mitzi, who is trying hard to do a good job. We sailed BTB 9/16 and 9/23 and got to witness both Kevin and Mitzi and work. Mitzi is a big improvement over Kevin.

Whew! What a relief! I haven't heard anything good about Kevin M. (except one comment) and I was really getting a little paranoid. I'm glad there's now someone who is actually "trying" to do a good job. I guess maybe Kevin had "short-timers syndrome" since he knew he was leaving anyway.

Thanks a bunch for the information. I feel much better about my upcoming cruise!

I will have to remember, if we have a fill-in for the normal concierge on Jewel in December, to speak with Mpho if this should happen to us. He is their boss and a very nice man.

Now that depends on when you are sailing in December.

Robert and the lovely Tracy are being married then and Mpho is their best man so all could be missing.;)

Does anybody happen to know if/when Andrea is expected to return as the regular Concierge on Jewel? We are sailing her on Feb 3.

We enjoyed Andrea as concierge on our Jewel Baltics cruise right after she replaced newly promoted Mpo. I also agree that Maritza sets the standard for great concierges, but Katherine (Brilliance) and Andrea (Jewel) remind me of what a less-experienced Maritza might have been.

Jane

Anyone recently on the AOS know if DeeDee was back on the ship yet?

Thanks!

Just came back from AoS (Sep 23 sailing). Yes, DeDe is back on Adventure. On a scale of 1 - 10 I'd rate DeDe a 7.

For anyone who has ever had Maritza (Serenade) she sets the standard for what a Concierge should be.

Just came back from AoS (Sep 23 sailing). Yes, DeDe is back on Adventure. On a scale of 1 - 10 I'd rate DeDe a 7.

For anyone who has ever had Maritza (Serenade) she sets the standard for what a Concierge should be.

I am sure she is out of the world, based on everyone's feedback, but no one is better than Francois. :D

• 1 month later...

We have just come off the Jewel transatlantic and had Andrea as our Concierge. She is just wonderful, she works so hard yet never appears to be tired and is always so helpful. She is definitely not a person that makes you feel she works by the rules. We also had an overflow lounge due to the large number of Diamond and Diamond plus members but we always used the Concierge lounge as it was only 3 doors from our Suite, also it had Andrea in it.

Does anybody happen to know if/when Andrea is expected to return as the regular Concierge on Jewel? We are sailing her on Feb 3.

We enjoyed Andrea as concierge on our Jewel Baltics cruise right after she replaced newly promoted Mpo. I also agree that Maritza sets the standard for great concierges, but Katherine (Brilliance) and Andrea (Jewel) remind me of what a less-experienced Maritza might have been.

Jane

Andrea was on the Transatlantic crossing last week doing a fantastic job and from what I remember, she is on until her vaction around March time.

We returned from the 14 day on the Serenade thru the Panama Canal. We had Rahul - who replaced Maritza. He was incredible!! We have never met Maritza but are sailing on the Serenade again on March 15. We are Diamond Plus and were in a JS. We had access to the Concierge Lounge anytime - Portifinos for Breakfast - and the Vortex in the evening. I know this was Rahul's first time as a Concierge but he did a wonderful job!!!!!!!!

We are on Jewel Jan. 6 from FFL. We are Diamond but have a JS. We know that JS means very little. However, from all your experiences, will there be a lotta of D and/or D+ on board at this time of the year to split the lounges? Our JS is only steps away from the CL.

Rick and Deirdra

Anyone know how the new concierge is on the Mariner? We are thinking of booking her for august of next year. We had Ricky this past September and he was awesome..........could not do enough for us. We even left him a tip. The last time we were on the mariner several years ago the concierge was not very impressive. Did not do much then our ice tickets and reservations...did not see her much at all.

thanks

Macwoman

The Explorer still has Ricky on Deck 9 who is ably backed up by Nicky in the overflow lounge setup at Cloud Nine. It's a nice way to get ready for dinner!

Nickki takes over in another week when Ricky leaves for vacation but he will be back mid Jan. We will miss Ricky on our 12/2:)

We returned from the 14 day on the Serenade thru the Panama Canal. We had Rahul - who replaced Maritza. He was incredible!! We have never met Maritza but are sailing on the Serenade again on March 15. We are Diamond Plus and were in a JS. We had access to the Concierge Lounge anytime - Portifinos for Breakfast - and the Vortex in the evening. I know this was Rahul's first time as a Concierge but he did a wonderful job!!!!!!!!

Will Maritza be back on Serenade soon? We sail on Serenade on December 1st.

Darn shame we missed out on meeting Maritza while we were onboard Serenade for the Canal:( :( . We were really looking forward to meeting her. I would have to say now though, I am looking forward to meeting Andrea onboard Jewel in Feb. We were not too impressed with Maritza's replacement on Serenade, but as they say practice makes perfect.

I can add a couple here. We were on Mariner in Sept. and the Concierge was Kevin Monforte. The satellite bartender was Percival.

In October the Jewel concierge was Andrea Levitt and the satellite bartender was the amazing Teodore.

Adventure of the Seas -

Brilliance of the Seas -

Empress of the Seas - none

Enchantment of the Seas -

Explorer of the Seas -

Freedom of the Seas - CL - Francios

Freedom of the Seas - D/D+ lounge,,,Jaun

Grandeur of the Seas - none

Jewel of the Seas - Andrea Levitt 10.07

Legend of the Seas - none

Liberty of the Seas - CL -

Liberty of the Seas - D/D+ lounge...

Majesty of the Seas - none

Mariner of the Seas - Kevin Monforte 9.07

Monarch of the Seas - none

Navigator of the Seas -

Radiance of the Seas - Willie Salaya

Rhapsody of the Seas - none

Serenade of the Seas -

Sovereign of the Seas - none

Splendour of the Seas - none/yes Splendor does have one

Vision of the Seas - none

Voyager of the Seas -

We had Mitzi for our cruise on Mariner in October. I thought she was the worst Concierge we have seen to date. In May we had Olesia, and she was wonderful. Also, Oleshia's assistant was top notch whereas Mitzi's was not.

Somehow I think since Riccardo left to go on Liberty, there hasn't been anyone permanently assigned to the lounge. How sad that is because the Concierge make the cruise in some respects.

On Brilliance we had Katherine Valenzuela and loved her. She was so sweet and so accommodating. On Mariner in May, the bartender remembered what we drank and when he saw us asked if we wanted xyz. This one with Mitzi looked as though he had never seen us before. Hopefully, when we go on Mariner next October, we will again have someone good.

We are looking forward to our Radiance cruise too. It's not that far away now.

I can add a couple here. We were on Mariner in Sept. and the Concierge was Kevin Monforte. The satellite bartender was Percival.

In October the Jewel concierge was Andrea Levitt and the satellite bartender was the amazing Teodore.

Adventure of the Seas -

Brilliance of the Seas -

Empress of the Seas - none

Enchantment of the Seas -

Explorer of the Seas -

Freedom of the Seas - CL - Francios

Freedom of the Seas - D/D+ lounge,,,Jaun

Grandeur of the Seas - none

Jewel of the Seas - Andrea Levitt 10.07

Legend of the Seas - none

Liberty of the Seas - CL -

Liberty of the Seas - D/D+ lounge...