C&A Rumor ( this might be old...)

STEVE-O

Just got back from a cruise on Liberty OTS. A Diamond + member told me that RCCL is going to change to # of cruises required to qualify for Diamond and Diamond +. Not sure where he got his info.

He said the new requirements will be 25 for Diamond, 50 for Diamond +.

I asked the L/A on board who responded with a wishy-washy answer....it didn't put my mind at ease, that's for sure...

SO.....anyone else hear this ( or similar ) rumors?

I plan to call RCCL tomorrow...Of course, we know how that goes....

Interesting news. I don't think it's so much a question of "if" rather than "when." It has to happen at some point soon. The concierge lounges are too full as it is, and the costs associated with all of the perks has to be adding up as repeat guests continue to return. It's unfortunate for those who will lose out with this change, but I guess it's better than the perks being abolished altogether.

I wish RCI would just measure by days at sea, and not "credits."

I think that it will eventually change due to the number of repeat passengers but I do think that RCI will have to grandfather the ones in that are currently at the Diamond and D+ status. No way do they want to have to deal with the number of folks that would be upset if their status was lowered.

Wonder if you will be able to keep your current status, or if you will be dropped back down. Just turned Diamond and have yet to sail as a Diamond. They have already credited my Diamond discount for the balcony cabin we booked:D!!

Wow - I should post quicker! Three posts on the same subject while I was posting!!

We have just turned Diamond. But will this new plan mean we are not Diamond all of a sudden? In other words, we have been demoted? I don't see how RCI could do such a thing because we were told the rules all this time and then suddenly to have the rules change would certainly create great consternation among Diamond members and Platimum members who felt they were close to becoming Diamond.

I sort of thought the stated rules for each C&A level was a type of contract. To rescind the levels and make them much tougher to achieve would be a violation of that contract...unless those who signed up for C&A before the new changes are grandfathered in.

Son of Cruiser luv that picture you have... Are y'all in TLBAA etc? Thinking of one ranch in TLBAA out in Fulsher.

As for cruising and hitting milestones, perhaps they just cut back on some of the perks and add a new level abvoe the present D+ and offer even more new perks to those folks. I'd think they would have to keep folks at their same level or woudl risk folks hoosing to go with other lines for those next cruises. Our weekend getaway to the Bahamas is all about staying on RCI and going for a short cruise. Otherwise I'd probably do a short one from Galveston, a lot less expensive to get to instead of Miami...but I'd rather be loyal to RCI. Also, I'd rather go to the Bahamas anyhow.

I'd expect the folks who would be most upset at any negative changes are the ones who often populate the more expensive cabins and cruise several times a year...so upseting them to the point they go elsewhere would cost a lot more in advertising etc...to get new cruisers to fill all of the now open cabins. It is usually less expensive to keep current customers than to get new ones. I'd expect the same holds true on cruises as well.

I sort of thought the stated rules for each C&A level was a type of contract. To rescind the levels and make them much tougher to achieve would be a violation of that contract...unless those who signed up for C&A before the new changes are grandfathered in.

I'd bet my RCI mouse that there's some fine print that states RCI can change the C&A program anytime to anything they want...:rolleyes:

We just got off the Mariner today and went to the Platinum/Diamond party as well as the Crown and Anchor party, and no one ever mentioned this. BUT if it did happen I am sure it would be one of those things where they say Starting next year you will now need, however if you are there, you are there, so basically it would be for new C and A members..Would sure make me rush to get that one last credit I need to make Diamond...Who knows anymore, but I doubt they would down grade you if you were already Diamond.

I'd bet my RCI mouse that there's some fine print that states RCI can change the C&A program anytime to anything they want...:rolleyes:

Here it is, right off the RCI web site under the Crown and Anchor menue:

TERMS and CONDITIONS

Royal Caribbean Cruiselines Ltd has the right to terminate the Crown and Anchor Society Program ("the program") or change the Terms and Conditions of participation in whole or in part at any time without notice.

skyking- you've described my situation exactly- we're 1 credit shy of Diamond, and we're booked to sail in Dec.

Hopefully, no changes will be made before then, but hey, if it did, it might be a good reason to sneak away for a 3 nighter if we need to...

...I know that the closer I get to the next level the less likely I am to try another cruise line.

That's how we feel. We've become loyal patrons of Royal and are close to achieving the Diamond status. Already have our cruises booked and paid for through May - so if the rules don't change, or if there is a grandfathering clause, we might be sailing on Mariner as Diamond members.

Either way, we'll keep sailing Royal - but it sure would be nice to play under the current rules.

Just turned Platinum, and was hoping to be Diamond by this time next year.

If they make it 25 cruises to make Diamond, I will no longer be "Loyal to Royal", as I will not be able to make Diamond till I'm 80, if ever.:(

I believe they will grandfather people in, so I won't lose my Platinum status, but yes, I cruise with Royal in part because of their loyalty program. I won't feel that loyalty anymore if they make it that difficult to reach Diamond.

I personally don't think it is fair that they would change the rules like that - if others reach Diamond at 10 credits, it is only fair that other people do, too.

I hope they don't make the change. After our November cruise we'll be at 8 credits and as we've switched to JS, that's just one cruise away. My question if they did change would be about the concierge lounge. I have cerebral palsy so we book accessible cabins and as the highest official accessible cabin is a JS, it would take a lot of cruises before we'd ever see the lounge since the eligible cabins aren't an option.

Points programs change all the time. Airlines make points expire. They increase the number of points needed for various rewards. Credit cards do it, too. One of my cards used to give double or triple or quintuple or something points for certain purchases. Suddenly, those bonus points are gone.

I am afraid, children, that we are going to have to just put on our big girl or big boy panties and DEAL WITH IT.

(IT, of course, being a speculative ephemeral rumor)

Well... If this is true then at that point I would hope that I would already be Diamond and grandfathered in. I will be just one credit away after I get back from my cruise in 2 weeks. I am at 8 credits right now. I would be upset if I were 1 credit away and they move the target 15 more away.

I should elaborate....

I heard this rumor during a Platinum/Diamond party from a grumpy guy who did not state his source.......He also told me another tidbit which turned out to be 100% false! ( proven so -during- the cruise!)....

I'd hate to see my mere mention of that conversation turn into any type of revolt or harsh feelings towards RCCL.

This "gentleman" did say all current C&A diamond and D+ members would be grandfathered in. I can only imagine the fallout if they weren't!

My wife and I are at 7 with 3 booked before the end of Oct 2008....which will put us at 12......We'd definitely go elsewhere if the rug is pulled out from under us when we're this close.........

Archived