Didn't want to go on a Cruise...

I did not read your original message, but I just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip!! I know exactly how you feel. My dear Aunt tried to convince me for years to go on a cruise, but I was scared too and also thought I wouldn't enjoy not being on land. Boy I was so wrong!! We've been on four cruises and I loved them all!! I'm guessing you will too and will want to start planning your next trip when you get back.

I hope you have a wonderful, super, fun-filled cruise!!!

Turquoise Sea, have a wonderful time, you will enjoy it tremendously. DH & I love being able to meet perfect strangers, saying hi, good morning etc and making new lasting friends, relaxing and taking in all the ships activities. As the saying goes, don't expect anything just Go with the Flow.

Have a wonderful time. Your first cruise will always hold special memories. We were married 13 years before we could afford to do it, and we will remember it always. It was the honeymoon we never had. There is so much to enjoy and experience, just do what makes the 2 of you happy.

Enjoy and let us know how it went.

I'm leaving tomorrow and will sail on the Vision on Sunday. It has taken my husband 10 years to get me on a Cruise Ship. I let Hollywood distort my view about Ships and Sharks and was adamant about staying on land. So, after threatening to leave me behind for our 10th Anniversary, I decided to join him with my feet dragging. But it was either go with him or stay home and do laundry.

I was terrifed, so I decided one day to google Cruise Ship disasters because I am a glutton for punishment, and low and behold I came across Cruise Critic. I think I've been online everyday.

Because of you all, like Susiehmkr, Sue L, Christie NJ, WRP96, and Merion Mom, and those who responded to all my weird Post, with each day I became more at ease with crusin'. My husband never once signed on CC, because I would discuss over dinner about the information I received that day. He'd ask, "So...what did Sue L and cbsea say today...?" Can you imagine...yea, I think you can...I feel like I know you all.

So, thank you for all of your wonderful advice. I got the highlighter pens, shoe organizer from Target, post it notes, air freshener to say the least. I know how to dress for dinner. I know not to leave my towel unattended on a chair for more than 15 minutes, and I will leap frog in the hallways with my husband and know the majority of you will think it's fine and clean pure fun. I'm going to venture to the secret Quest, whatever that is, even though, I think I may end up on Youtube. I got the list of Foo Foo Drinks that I want to try. I'm not having a massage on board, because I'm weak and may buy everything that is pitched to me, so I'm having one in port. I'm taking extra for tips and know to tip the room service, and I'm not packing jeans....AND I will not be late to dinner.

If I could pick my tablemates, I'd pick many of you. (tear, tear)

I think I'm ready, I'm armed with so much knowledge, I'm ready to test the waters literally.

Any last words of advice, besides don't forget your docs?

Turquoise Sea

BTW~ I purchased the Sea Trek Helmet Dive excursion. It's gonna be hard keeping the Jaws theme, "Da Da...Da Da..Dadadada out of my head as I'm in the sea. But I figure, if I can go into the ocean with sharks , I think I can do anything.

Such a nice post! And it did bring back fond memories. DH and I took our first cruise for our 25th anniversary. Only in our case, it was DH who didn't want to cruise. Well, now we have been married 34 years and are diamond C&A members. :D You will have a great time I am sure!

Once you get that helmet on and get in the water and see all of those beautiful fish, all your troubles will be left behind. You will be so caught up in the moment you will be upset when they tell you its over.

Have a great time....looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Lets take bets everyone.....I bet they book another cruise while on this one. :D

Wow, what a great post! I can't wait to hear all your stories when you return. I know you are going to say why did I wait so long to cruise!!!

I did the Bell Helmet dive in Bermuda and I was kinda nervous, but everyone on the boat was shouting in unison, come on, you can do it, you can do it and it is amazing when you have a group of supportive people (like you had on these boards), what fears you CAN overcome. It was so wonderful down in the water watching all the fish, coral etc. Quite amazing. My word of advice is don't forget that you can put your hand up into your helmet at any time, ie, if you have to hold your nose and blow to clear your ears out. That was no problem. ENJOY - IT WAS FUN!!!

Shoo

I'm leaving tomorrow and will sail on the Vision on Sunday. It has taken my husband 10 years to get me on a Cruise Ship. I let Hollywood distort my view about Ships and Sharks and was adamant about staying on land. So, after threatening to leave me behind for our 10th Anniversary, I decided to join him with my feet dragging. But it was either go with him or stay home and do laundry.

Bon Voyage, and prepare to get addicted to cruising. :D

I'm leaving tomorrow and will sail on the Vision on Sunday.

The Vision was our first cruise 3 years ago and I had a blast, before this I knew nothing about a cruise.

when I saw the price on a cruise for the Vision this Nov, well we are back for our third cruise, second on the Vision.

I had so much fun on my first cruise, I know you wil have a great time.

First off, I see that you are less than 24 hours away from your cruise so you may not get this. I bet you are beside yourself with anticipation!

Second, although I have only recently been active here (generally I just get bummed coming here unless I have a cruise in the works), your post really, really touched me. I am SO glad you found help here like so many of us did... I recall coming here after I booked our first cruise and the wealth of information was incredible.

Like you, my DH also didn't come here but regarded me as the "fount of all knowledge"... thanks to everyone here we had a great time and we now have 6 or 7 cruises under our belts.

So bon voyage to you... I know it'll be SO awesome- welcome to the addiction that is cruising!

very nice post....have a wonderful trip..you'll want to cruise again!!! take lots of notes and lots of pictures...we will be anxiously awaiting your review....

and remember this one thing as well...calories can't swim!!!!!

and waking up really early and walking around the ship with some coffee, watching it "wake up" and/or pull into port is kinda nice......

have fun! :)

I promise to come back and give my review! I'm so excited!:D

I am wishing you the biggest 'HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!!' that I can. I am so very happy for you and I really believe that you will become "hooked" just like the rest of us.

You remind me so much of my DH, he is the one that said he would NOT go, he kept telling me to take the TA that sold me the cruise, because he was NOT going. Well, finally after a few tears and 6 weeks of begging him (it has NEVER taking me that long) he agreed to go - but he says "DON'T EXPECT ME TO BE ENTHUSIASTIC AND I WILL ONLY SIT AT A TABLE FOR 2 FOR DINNER!) Well, he was not enthusiastic and he still only wants a table for 2, but he was not on the ship 2 hours and he LOVED it! We cruise at least twice a year now. We would go more if we had the $ and the vacation time.

So have a GREAT time and let us all know all about it and what you loved the most!

Have a wonderful cruise and a great time. Remember that every little thing may not be absolutely perfect on your cruise, but it beats staying home and doing laundry (and cooking and cleaning for yourself)!

Please post a review when you return.

I loved your post! My only advice is to RELAX! Don't try to do everything, and don't feel guilty if you get to the end of the day at sea, and you haven't really done anything that was listed on the Compass. It's okay. Look at this as the first of many cruises to come. There is always something new to do. Let us know how you enjoyed it when you get back!!

Turquoise Sea,

You remind me of my husband. He is not a cruise enthusiast. He doesn't swim and is afraid of drowning. Somehow, though, he went on one with me/for me. He has now been on almost 40 of them.

Even though he complains, another cruise, it's something he looks forward to. I know you will have a great cruise, and when you get addicted, and your husband wants to do something else, I guess you will have to remind him how he got you into this, lol.

I am happy for you and enjoy. I will look for your review.

Archived