Room service on debarkation morning?

cnvh

Does anyone know if you can order room service for breakfast on debarkation day?

On our last (and only) cruise, we carried off our own luggage, so we didn't need to wait in the cabin for our number to be called... am thinking it might be nice to have our last breakfast from the comforts of our cabin while we wait for our number. Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

Hubby and I are sailing on the Noordam out of NYC on 10/31...

Yes.....we ordered room service, it's so relaxing & enjoyable, without rushing up to the Lido....we have our breakfast delivered at 6:30....then we take our showers....why rush, when you can have breakfast delivered....nice & hot, without crowds:)

Have used the service on many of our HAL cruises. The latest was on two of our Noordam cruises last year and earlier this year. Plan to use it on the Veendam next week. It is enjoyable, hassle-free, and relaxing.l Try it and you will like it.:)

Yes - you can do it!!

Since our last BAD experience with room service in 2006 - we always book suites -- we have never ordered room service on disembarkation day.

Glad to hear that others have ordered room service on the final day-- seems like it would be a much more relaxing option on an otherwise depressing and hectic morning. :)

KK, if I may ask, what was your bad experience with room service?

While I'm thinking of it, is it "debarkation" or "disembarkation"?? I was wondering that when I wrote the OP...

It's a tradition for me to have room service breakfast as my last official cruise "event" of any given cruise. And a most civilized event it is.

It is so nice to be able to dress, pack my carry-on, but take little breaks for a sip of this, a bite of that. Since I'm going to stay in my cabin until I disembark anyway I like to be relaxed about the whole thing.

The one time I ordered for 8:30 it was ready early. I got a call about 8:15 asking if they could deliver it then. So, that means you can be ready as early---or as late---as you like. :)

Very civilized, indeed.

It's a tradition for me to have room service breakfast as my last official cruise "event" of any given cruise. And a most civilized event it is.

It is so nice to be able to dress, pack my carry-on, but take little breaks for a sip of this, a bite of that. Since I'm going to stay in my cabin until I disembark anyway I like to be relaxed about the whole thing.

The one time I ordered for 8:30 it was ready early. I got a call about 8:15 asking if they could deliver it then. So, that means you can be ready as early---or as late---as you like. :)

Very civilized, indeed.

This may be a very stupid question, but how do you know when your "number" will be called in order to sleep in until 8am vs. 7am, etc.? Not carrying off my own luggage, but may select a post-cruise tour since there's time before having to be at FLL.

This may be a very stupid question, but how do you know when your "number" will be called in order to sleep in until 8am vs. 7am, etc.?

Experience. Truly, it was my second return to NYC on the Noordam, with the same HAL Homecity bus to get back to Providence. I remembered the time I was called on the previous cruise, so guesstimated for this one that it would be about the same.

I was right, too. Actually, I had to sit and veg for about a half-hour after I was all ready.

On other cruises, when I can't predict as closely, I order breakfast earlier.

Experience. Truly, it was my second return to NYC on the Noordam, with the same HAL Homecity bus to get back to Providence. I remembered the time I was called on the previous cruise, so guesstimated for this one that it would be about the same.

I was right, too. Actually, I had to sit and veg for about a half-hour after I was all ready.

On other cruises, when I can't predict as closely, I order breakfast earlier.

Ruth: what time was that? We're also on the homecity bus after our next two cruises on the Noordam.

Ruth: what time was that? We're also on the homecity bus after our next two cruises on the Noordam.

I was called about 9:45 each time. The bus didn't actually leave until about an hour later because we were waiting for passengers who never arrived. Both times!

• 4 years later...

I ordered room service on debarkation morning. It was mostly limited to continental breakfast and I haven't researched other room service options, but it saved the time otherwise needed to get dressed and take the elevator to the Lido buffet. I must say, it was a little depressing: just one day ago, I was eating piping-hot egg benedict while having a fun conversation with my tablemates; that morning, I was eating a cold bagel with cream cheese alone in my cabin. I did go up to the Lido anyway, to stand by the railing for one last time while having my coffee, but that was right before I had to leave the cabin altogether.

Very civilized, indeed.

You actually got a phone call? Not me -- They just delivered it early with the explanation that they were very busy that morning and had to deliver when they could.

As to knowing what time to order room service delivery, isn't there a little section on the information sheet with an estimate for each color group when you get your disembarkation package with your tag color? I could swear there was, but maybe I'm misremembering (wouldn't be the first time)!

I ordered room service for the last day on my Veendam cruise (Apr.22/12) and asked for it to be delivered btw 7:30 - 8:00. It was after 8 and it still hadn't come. When he finally showed up he told me that it's only available between 6-7am. That's news to me because I know that I've had it later then that. My friends didn't even get their hang tag taken off the door and they had it out in time.

We wont ever order room service on the last day again-

5:45 AM (or close to it) pounding on door and then letting themselves in. It was scheduled at 8 or 8:30. It was before the sun was up. And he was very rude. We always tip well. We did not that day.

Archived