Do Any of the "CC Old Timers" Remember?

sail7seas

I rememer not too long ago someone was asking about Mama Lou. I had spoken to her not to long before the question. However, I attempted to call her yesterday and her telephone has been disconnected. Her e-mail came back. Now I am concerned that the rumors that she had passed away may be true.

Does anyone have access to persons on the Zaandam that may know if she is still with us?? I would truly appreciate any info one may have. Thanks.

I didn't know that Dave had died. :(

We were very close friends, Greg. I was so saddened and shocked to receive an e-mail from his son explaining to me why his Dad wouldn't be in touch with me anymore. He found my name/address in Dave's computer/address book.

He had a fatal heart attack. After all the years of giving his wife such incredible care, it was him who died. It had to be devastating for his wife. That was a real love affair.

I rememer not too long ago someone was asking about Mama Lou. I had spoken to her not to long before the question. However, I attempted to call her yesterday and her telephone has been disconnected. Her e-mail came back. Now I am concerned that the rumors that she had passed away may be true.

Does anyone have access to persons on the Zaandam that may know if she is still with us?? I would truly appreciate any info one may have. Thanks.

I have a friend on board, Kakalina. If you like, I'll write and see if they can help.

I remember Superstein61. "His" last post was on November 4, 2004. I suspect "he" was a moniker for someone else, who was just whipping up trouble.

99.9% likely. I imagine that moniker falls into the unable to post currently category.:D

You HAL people know that in several of the CC forums you would not be allowed to have these discussions. You are very lucky with the hosts you have.:cool:

jc

Ruth - I know, I know - but that guy killed me!!! Someone else here sort of reminds me of him - I tell you, Superstein loved a good argument, didn't he!?!;)

I like the way you think! But alas, I am pretty sure that the two are not the same!:D :D :D

jc

I like the way you think! But alas, I am pretty sure that the two are not the same!:D :D :D

jc

jc -

I know ... how we survived this long as we are discussing "boards on boards" and "other posters" ACK!!!

I really don't think the two are the same, but I tell you - they really could be "brothers" LOL! ;) Same opinion on almost every single topic!!!!

I still miss DaveEdwards. He died about 2 1/2 years ago now. He was such a gentleman! Such a nice guy.

Was the Dave Edwards you mentioned from Florida?

I knew a Dave Edwards who passed away about that same time frame - had an aneurysm, lived for a couple of months.

Could he be the same? This Dave was a well-liked guy! RIP

Wow-the memories! Lots of posters have passed through this forum!

The one I remember is the doctor fellow from either NY or Boston area who had booked a PS on a HAL ship for the express purpose of conceiving a child with his wife. He let us know that the cruise was "successful".

I remember some of his posts were hilarious and his comments about the perennial dress code issue were especially good. I just wish I could remember his name.

Glad to hear that dakrewser and ziggy are OK! :)

I talked with a friend today about Mama Lou. She is alive and well. Recently moved and is going thru a period of adjustment. Friend stated they only talk on the phone so she doesn't know about e-mail. Best news is she's booked on the Veendam leaving October 28.

Was the Dave Edwards you mentioned from Florida?

I knew a Dave Edwards who passed away about that same time frame - had an aneurysm, lived for a couple of months.

Could he be the same? This Dave was a well-liked guy! RIP

The Dave Edwards I mean lived in California. Also very well-liked and much missed by me and others.

I REMEMBER THE POSTS BY JOEL KEENAN!! They were great. What fun we had with him.

Who remembers Burbunny? She was so very helpful teaching people how to bid for hotels on the various sites? She had a wonderful site of her own, didn't she? She used to post here regularly and suddenly disappeared. I always wondered why.

I talked with a friend today about Mama Lou. She is alive and well. Recently moved and is going thru a period of adjustment. Friend stated they only talk on the phone so she doesn't know about e-mail. Best news is she's booked on the Veendam leaving October 28.

Thanks so much for the update. I have been worried since I was unable to reach her. I imagine if I drop her a line it will get forwarded and then she can call me with her new info.

Thanks very much.

Archived