just off serenade hawaii

OK, then what else did you do? Overnight in Maui. Where did you Luau? Did your cruise go to Kauai? It was dropped from ours. You did the round trip...correct? Was Eugene one of your bartenders? He is one of our favorites on Serenade. :D

Yes, overnight in Maui. All of our roll call went to the Old Lahaina Luau and had a great time. This cruise did not go to Kauai (how the heck do the spell that?). We did no lava drive-by because our itinerary got changed and we didn't go from Kona to Hilo. Kona was our first stop. We heard that there is no lava to see, anyway.

The crew said we had the biggest meet & mingle with 251, or something like that. We had it in the Vortex and it was packed! Very difficult to meet people with that many. The crew didn't even bother to provide nametags.

Sorry, can't tell you about Eugene because we don't use the bars. The food was really good in the diningroom, though! :)

Seas were rough first day out of San Diego and last day back into San Diego. Last night the wind was 90kts/hr, someone told me. I know it was howling like crazy outside our cabin and the hangers were making a racket in the closet. I never had to use my patches. Bonine worked just fine.

sitting in san diego airport waiting to checkin our luggage for a 945 pm flight. Cruise was great. Met a bunch of cruise critics, which made for a very enjoyable cruise. cannot wait to get home!!!

Susan and Bill,

It was great seeing you again and it was great you got to meet my wife. Hope you got home okay.

Usair:D was great, they put us on the 5:00 pm flight from SAN DIEGO to VEGAS, then we caught the red eye from VEGAS to PHILADELPHIA at 10:45pm, touched down in Philly at 6am, stopped for breakfast on the way home and stepped in our house at 7:30am.

Usair also gave us Meal Vouchers for our Layover in VEGAS:)

Not bad considering, all other options would have put us home on late Sunday Night or Monday.

Wish I could say the same:( about how Guest Relations handled everyones elses situation about the ship being 6 hours late into San Diego. with all the Post-Travel problems everyone occured.

Jimbo:)

Did you do the nightime sail of Mt. Kilaweia and see the lava flow into the ocean off Hilo? Someone else said it (the lava flowing) had stopped.:D

Have a safe & restful flight home. :)

We got back from sailing the Radiance last weekend, and we did do a cruiseby the volcano on Hilo at 1am....The Capt. made a special trip and there was a party set up around the pool to keep everyone busy while we were waiting to get there....But, big disappointment, no lava flowing!!! There was just a faint glow. The Capt. later found out that there was a slight earthquake about two weeks earlier and it caused the lava to flow into the crack, so the flow had stopped coming down the mountain into the sea....A big disappointment to have stayed up so late and then had a fizzle!

Susan and Bill,

It was great seeing you again and it was great you got to meet my wife. Hope you got home okay.

Usair:D was great, they put us on the 5:00 pm flight from SAN DIEGO to VEGAS, then we caught the red eye from VEGAS to PHILADELPHIA at 10:45pm, touched down in Philly at 6am, stopped for breakfast on the way home and stepped in our house at 7:30am.

Usair also gave us Meal Vouchers for our Layover in VEGAS:)

Not bad considering, all other options would have put us home on late Sunday Night or Monday.

Wish I could say the same:( about how Guest Relations handled everyones elses situation about the ship being 6 hours late into San Diego. with all the Post-Travel problems everyone occured.

Jimbo:)

HI Jim and Donna,

It was really nice seeing you and meeting Donna. Hope we meet again on another cruise!!!

We got home about the same time you did - we flew out of San Diego to Newark and rented a car to drive us home to Bethlehem Twp, PA - then Bill took the rental to Lehigh Valley Airport where his truck was parked. I didn't sleep at all during the flight so yesterday I was totally wiped out. I'm feeling better today after a good night's sleep!!! But I wouldn't mind crawling back into bed and getting some more sleep this morning!!!

Not sure about Guest Relations, but I know that Maritza was working overtime helping people - she was terrrific!!! I don't think I spoke to anyone who had their air through RCI, so not sure how they made out.

Take care,

Susan

Archived