Explorer Live Now And Then

Aqhacruiser,

Thanks so much for the posts! Unlike so many others here I have to wait till Oct '08 to board. My first (and only) cruise was on the Explorer, and I am remembering so many of the things you are talking about...almost like being there. Heck, between you and Radio you guys could start your own "Discovery" series posting live from the Explorer.

Enjoy!

Thank you for taking time away from your cruise to keep us informed and to give us updates while you are on the Explorer! Hubby and I sail on the Explorer on the November 4th sailing!!! If the Windjammer is to crowded you can also have Room Service delivered to your Balcony Stateroom and dine outside if it's not to windy of course!!! Hubby and I have done alot of shorter cruises and we find that many passengers do not want to pack too many clothes espically any formal wear! We also have found that most passengers do not want to dine with other people while they are a short family vacation they want some privacy! Some people only travel once a year so this is their time to be together! We also found from talking with people that some would rather not spend that much time in the Main Dining Room! There are to many other things people would rather do especially on the Explorer and on a shorter sailing!!! Thanks again for posting and taking time away from your Cruise Vacation!!! Happy Explorer Sailings!!! Melissa

If you get the chance, check out Steve Green in the Schooner Bar. He does a great sing-a-long and knows just about every song in existence. I had such a wonderful time there that I even skipped the Quest. He will only be on board for another couple of weeks, then he goes on vacation. After that he'll be on Brilliance.

Hi all! A note to those who will be going on a back to back soon on the Explorer. If you have access to the concierge he will handle it for you, you can tell him you want to stay on the ship and you will fill out a customs form and he'll take care of it. Ricky is the best! You may also go to Guest Relations and ask to speak to the GR Manager and he will take care of it for you. So we WILL be staying on the ship this time:)

Thanks Suzanne for the info. We don't have access to the CL as this will be our first RCCL cruise. So I will go to Guest Relations and speak to GR Manager. That would be great as DH uses a scooter and it would be great if we could just stay on board.:D Let me know how it goes and what services are available to the B2B cruisers that day.

Bermuda sounds great and we look forward to our cruise to Bermuda next Sept.

Enjoy your cruise, you are the best:D :D

Suz

Radio? Now THAT is the MASTER of live reviews! I love his reviews and videos! :D You are in good company on that cruise if he's with you! :D

Hey Dawn....Judi here. I can hardly believe you will be with Radio. I read one of his live reviews and was captivated!!! He is great. Ask him if he is posting live this time.....Nov. 4 right????? Where will you be sailing to??? I may have a friend and her husban on that sailing. He is a police officer and she is a RN in the Emergency room!!! Something in common w/you!!

Judi

Trying to stay ahead of you Suzanne with the menus!!!! LOL I know you said you were going to eat at the Windjammer last night - but I thought I'd post the menu anyway. Hopefully it's the right one!!! BTW - I LOVE the Napoleons too!!!!

As a sidelight - the All Explorer thread has been VERY slow since you and Deb have been gone!!!!! Tell Deb - she'll have to help "pick up the pace" next week since Christie will be with you!!!! We miss you!!!!!

Venetian Feast (VF)

Caprese Salad Fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil

Antipasti Cured Italian ham, seasonal melon, grilled vegetables, marinated portabella mushrooms, and baked caramelized garlic

Scallop Risotto Sautéed sea scallops over charred sweet corn and mascarpone risotto

Creamy Roasted Garlic Soup With rye bread croutons

Minestrone A rich Italian soup of vegetables, tomato and pasta, finished with Pecorino Romano

Chilled Strawberry Bisque Garnished with fresh mint

Insalata Mista Mixed greens, zucchini, red bell peppers, and black olives - Ranch, Thousand Island, Italian, Blue cheese, Honey mustard or Caesar dressing

Rigatoni Pasta With spiced chorizo sausage, red and green peppers, grilled corn, olive oil and basil

Garlic Tiger Shrimp Garlic-herb baked with seasonal vegetables

Chicken Marsala Marsala mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, and fresh vegetables

SD - Lamb Shank with Rosemary Slowly braised, with garlic mashed potatoes and oven-roasted vegetables

Vegetarian Chili With jalapeño corn bread, grated cheese, and sour cream

Mashed potatoes, baked potato, rice and vegetable of the day

Traditional Caesar Salad

Rigatoni with Marinara Sauce

Broiled Fillet of Atlantic Cod

Grilled Chicken Breast with seasonal herbs

Grilled Black Angus Top Sirloin with Herb Butter

Warm Chocolate Cake With milk chocolate sauce and sliced roasted pears

Raspberry Panna Cotta Italian pudding served on an almond butter cookie with raspberry coulis

Tiramisu Kahlua, espresso, and mascarpone cake, dusted with cocoa powder

Low-fat Angel Food Cake Light as a feather, with Grand Marnier-marinated strawberries

Sugar-free Chocolate Mint Cake Layers of chocolate sponge cake and silky sugar-free chocolate mint mousse

Drink of the day is the Caribbean Cooler 7.75 and we sail for home at 5pm

YIKES you just made my stomach jump...you are coming to pick up US!!!! I have to get packing!!!! :D

Aqhacruiser,

Thanks so much for the posts! Unlike so many others here I have to wait till Oct '08 to board.

Hey Shirley, we know the feeling! We booked this cruise OVER a year out and it seemed like forever at the time. Now it's TWO DAYS! Enjoy the anticipation, at least you are getting your money's worth, right? :)

For all of you lucky Royal Explorers sailing on the Explorer next week -- feel free to hide a cookie or two in #7688 for me!

HappyfamilyNJ,

I was on Voyager with you for its repo and I have 7688 for my upcoming Exlorer cruise in 2009. If you get a chance, can you post some pics of the cabin?

Today at lunch they had the sugar free Napoleans! Oh yeah! Now we're talking. Last night I had the sugar free coconut cake in the dining room Lots of COOKIES OF COURSE!

I love the sugar free desserts. I had one each night on Freedom and a regular dessert as well. ;) The sugar free dont count as a dessert. Right?:rolleyes:

Suzanne, Glad to hear the cruise is going well. Sounds like you are having a great time; sorry to hear about Deb's computer problems. But that is why I write, cybercabin. I understand there are limited kits so it is important to get one immediately upon boarding. Is it dialup with a cable that needs to be plugged in? I assume if dialup it must be reasonably quick, right? And what is the cost.

Again, glad you are having a great time! McPokey continues to be bad, regardless of what he says here! :eek: But everyone else going on about their usual business.

Hi BB! Deb's wireless is working much better since yesterday as is my Cybercabin:) Yes, there are limited Cybercabin modems. It basically consists of a phone with wires that go to your computer. I do not pretend to be a technie, I just know it works great if you plan on using your computer a lot as it's unlimited access for the cost.

I'll check on McPokey soon:D

Christie you better get those bags packed! We are on our way to pick you and the others up from Bayonne! :D

Suzanne

Thanks for all your time and info. Can you ask someone (hotel director, cruise director, etc.) how many and what nights will be formal on the 11-11-07 sailing? It is a 12 nighter. Some say 2, maybe 3. If this gets to you too late maybe someone from the next 2 sailings can inquire.

Thanks

Joe

Hi, Suzanne. Thanks for the posts - it is making all of us at the October 26 roll call get so excited. Of course, these last few days have been going incredibly slow for us, but fast for you I'm sure!

Join you onboard in less than 48 hours. WOW!!

Shoo

Oh, you have to hide some for me! I'm okay with you leaving a large plate of them in our GS. ;)

So what was that you said? You're coming back early Thursday to pick us up? Oh, you're just too kind!

Have a great day,

Carol

LOL! You be funny! :D I will be there Friday and there will be plenty of cookies! You didn't want the Coconut ones did you? There may be a bit of a problem on those! LOL:D

We had a wonderful day in the Dockyard today. I picked up a few Christmas ornaments in one of my favorite shops, The Bermuda Triangle, shopped at the glass factory, and spent the rest of the time at Snorkel Park. The water was so calm and clear and tons of people with a variety of toys playing out in the water. It was in high 80's and water felt great for swimming! We are getting ready for the party now and we'll be going to Portifino later this evening. :)

I'll be anxious to see them! However, not too soon - we want you to be able to savor every moment of your cruise!:D

Being that we are in the same cabin I would ask you to stash away some cookies before you leave for my late night snacks. However, I'm afraid they might be a bit hard by April, lol!:rolleyes:

I think we'll get you some fresh cookies for your April cruise! :D

Hey Suzanne~ You are at my favorite place so I am jealous! Have fun in Bermuda... scratch that... just hurry back and pick up the Royal Explorers!!!! :D :p

Thanks for the live posts.. puts a smile on my face!!!!:)

Hi Meg! I love Bermuda and will not be back until April so I'm sorry to leave. I'd feel a little better if I was not thinking of that temp in Haitti that Carol posted last week! Maybe it's cooled off by now. Hope so anyway:)

Thank you for taking time away from your cruise to keep us informed and to give us updates while you are on the Explorer! Hubby and I sail on the Explorer on the November 4th sailing!!! If the Windjammer is to crowded you can also have Room Service delivered to your Balcony Stateroom and dine outside if it's not to windy of course!!! Hubby and I have done alot of shorter cruises and we find that many passengers do not want to pack too many clothes espically any formal wear! We also have found that most passengers do not want to dine with other people while they are a short family vacation they want some privacy! Some people only travel once a year so this is their time to be together! We also found from talking with people that some would rather not spend that much time in the Main Dining Room! There are to many other things people would rather do especially on the Explorer and on a shorter sailing!!! Thanks again for posting and taking time away from your Cruise Vacation!!! Happy Explorer Sailings!!! Melissa

Hi Melissa! Enjoy your cruise on Nov. 4! We mix it up as far as dining goes on the ship:) That's what is so great about RCCL, you really do have several choices where to eat:D

Thanks Suzanne for the info. We don't have access to the CL as this will be our first RCCL cruise. So I will go to Guest Relations and speak to GR Manager. That would be great as DH uses a scooter and it would be great if we could just stay on board.:D Let me know how it goes and what services are available to the B2B cruisers that day.

Bermuda sounds great and we look forward to our cruise to Bermuda next Sept.

Enjoy your cruise, you are the best:D :D

Suz

Hi Suz, You should be fine on your B to B by asking for the manager. He will take good care of you:) I can tell you this much from past B to B's. There's not too much available between cruises. Make sure you eat breakfast as once it's over everything closes down until about noon when new passengers board. You can roam the ship or hang out by the pool depending on weather. You'll want to be away from your cabin for awhile as the stewards are a beehive of activity cleaning cabins but there are plenty of other areas to relax! :)

I love the sugar free desserts. I had one each night on Freedom and a regular dessert as well. ;) The sugar free dont count as a dessert. Right?:rolleyes:

Well that's exactly the way I look at it too!:D No sugar it doesn't count! I had the sugar free cream puffs this afternoon. That's PLURAL as sugar free! LOL! :D

Archived