Explorer Live Now And Then

HappyfamilyNJ,

I was on Voyager with you for its repo and I have 7688 for my upcoming Exlorer cruise in 2009. If you get a chance, can you post some pics of the cabin?

wow you have a great memory! I'll definitely post some pics when I return. I can't wait for this famous cabin, I plan to spend lots of time on that balcony!

Suzanne, So sorry to see you are on your way back...glad you had a great time...so good to hear they keep the ship updated...and cookies are still flowing...can't wait to see the pictures...

Don't worry!!! Suzanne is doing a B2B and will be staying on the Explorer for 9 more nights!! And I will be joining her! :D

Good morning Explorer Lovers!:D

We had an AMAZING dinner at Portifino last evening:D I had the filet mignon and it was outstanding, service was excellent.

I have some exciting Explorer news to share with you.

First, Captain Erik will be our Captain thru December for those who asked.

Attention 12 night cruisers! There will be 4 production shows onboard! 2 ice shows including the new Spirits of the Seasons, there will be a BRAND new ice show also.

For all winter cruisers warm blankets and hot soup will be available in the solarium area and also coffee machines are being installed. The ballroom dancing show/competition has already began and there are 2 professional ballroom dancers now onboard. There will be many fun activities scheduled for inside during the winter sailings so the first couple of days there will be plenty to do onboard! Hot tubs will be steaming though for us to enjoy!

I have a busy day today with several tours so this is a quick post but I will take lots of pictures as always! :D The crew has been given their winter uniforms and you can all look forward to a great adventure cruising out of NY on the Explorer this winter! BBL:D

Oh, don't worry about it. Today's forecast is much cooler. 1 pm, 94°F, feels like 105°F.

There, isn't that much better? ;)

See you on the ship tomorrow,

Carol

OMG! That IS it!:eek: I'm turning the ship back to Bermuda! Only kidding! We are on our way to pick you up but I need to get some a/c in Labadee asap! :D

Hi Suzanne!

WOW!!!!:D You are making me so jealous. Keep posting because I am already packing, we will be there in Feb for 12 Nights YIPPEE!!! Just leave me some cookies!!! Any COCONUT ONES YET? It sounds like they have made some upgrades on the ship. How about the bedding, is it new?

Well enjoy your cruise and I am looking foward to your daily posts. Thanks for taking the time!!

Christine, have a wonderful trip also and save some cookies for me!:p

See you back on "All Things Explorer" thread.

:)

No need. As you can see, I'm turning over a new leaf....(no pun intended).:D

McPokey

Times like THIS I don't ask!!!!! LOL :p

Christine, have a wonderful trip also and save some cookies for me!:p

See you back on "All Things Explorer" thread.

:)

Thanks, Lisa! I'll try my best to save you some cookies, but that is one promise I may have to break. :D See you back on the Explorer thread in a couple weeks! :)

Ok... who can tell us more details about Captain Erik Standal on Explorer??? (assuming Capt Erik is indeed Erik Standal) I have not heard of him before. Info? Pictures?

I have a busy day today with several tours so this is a quick post but I will take lots of pictures as always! :D The crew has been given their winter uniforms and you can all look forward to a great adventure cruising out of NY on the Explorer this winter! BBL:D

Rudy is getting of the ship?? Details, woman, we want details! LOL

For all winter cruisers warm blankets and hot soup will be available in the solarium area and also coffee machines are being installed. There will be many fun activities scheduled for inside during the winter sailings so the first couple of days there will be plenty to do onboard!

Now THERE's some FABULOUS news! Looking forward to December! :D :p

Suzanne?? Where are you??!!!! I hope you guys are almost back in Bayonne!! lol!!! Make sure you hurry everyone off the ship tomorrow!!! I can't believe that in less than 24 hrs - we will be on the ship with you!!!! :D

She's probably hoarding cookies! lol :p

Bon Voyage, Royal Explorers! Have a truly wonderful time. :D

Good morning Explorer Lovers!:D

We had an AMAZING dinner at Portifino last evening:D I had the filet mignon and it was outstanding, service was excellent.

Attention 12 night cruisers! There will be 4 production shows onboard! 2 ice shows including the new Spirits of the Seasons, there will be a BRAND new ice show also.

For all winter cruisers warm blankets and hot soup will be available in the solarium area and also coffee machines are being installed. The ballroom dancing show/competition has already began and there are 2 professional ballroom dancers now onboard. There will be many fun activities scheduled for inside during the winter sailings so the first couple of days there will be plenty to do onboard! Hot tubs will be steaming though for us to enjoy!

That's great, since we will be doing the 12 night cruise on Nov 11th. I'm enjoying the daily posts and can't wait to see some pictures.

Chef's Dinner (CD) / Formal

Sun-Ripened Pineapple Sliced pineapple, sun-dried apricot ricotta, and black pepper

Citrus Cured Salmon Thinly sliced, with a dill-cucumber salad

Creamed Wild Mushrooms In Puff Pastry Herbed crimini and oyster mushrooms in flaky pastry

Cream of Asparagus Garnished with crunchy almonds

Double Duck Consomme With julienne vegetables and aged port

Roasted Peach Soup Finished with fresh strawberries

House Salad Boston and Oakleaf lettuce, vine ripe tomatoes and sunflower seeds - Ranch, Thousand Island, Italian, Blue cheese, Honey mustard or Caesar dressing

Strawberry Kiwi Sorbet

New England Bay Scallops and Ziti Topped with grilled portobello mushrooms and fire-roasted red pepper pesto

Fisherman's Plate A broiled lobster tail and garlicky shrimp served with broccoli florets

SD - Thai BBQ Chicken Breast With coconut-lemongrass jasmine rice

Slow Roasted Aged Prime Rib Cut thick, in natural jus, with a baked russet potato, chive-sour cream, and glazed root vegetables

Asian Fried Tofu With sautéed bok choy, shiitake mushrooms, and red curry sauce

Mashed potatoes, baked potato, rice and vegetable of the day

Traditional Caesar Salad

Ziti with Marinara Sauce

Broiled Fillet of Norwegian Salmon

Grilled Chicken Breast with seasonal herbs

Grilled Black Angus Top Sirloin with Herb Butter

Special Dessert Assortment Platter (3 mini desserts on a plate for each guest) Mini baba, flourless chocolate cake & cheesecake

Low-fat Berry Mousse Strawberry and blueberry yogurt mousse with low-fat vanilla sauce

Sugar-free Red Berry Tart Flaky pie crust filled with sugar-free vanilla pastry cream and fresh red berries

Feast of Nations (FN)

Fired Roasted Red Pepper Hummus With roasted marinated zucchini and toasted pita

Shrimp Cocktail Plump shrimp served with cocktail sauce

Spinach Dip Served warm with crisp tortilla chips

Roasted Pumpkin and Apple Soup With crème fraîche and fried sage

Onion Soup Caramelized onions simmered in beef broth with Gruyère toast

Chilled Forest Berries and Buttermilk Soup A combination of fresh berries blended with buttermilk

Caesar Salad for the Table Crisp romaine lettuce and crunchy jumbo croutons, sprinkled with Parmesan shavings and served family style

Grey Goose Vodka and Smoked Salmon Cream Pasta Creamy sauce tossed with orecchiette pasta, finished with mushrooms and crushed tomatoes

SD - Mahi Mahi Tempura Lightly battered and fried, with housemade sweet-and-sour sauce and stir-fried vegetables

Roasted Turkey With apple bread dressing, pan gravy, creamy mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce

Grilled NY Strip Steak Béarnaise sauce, fried potato wedges, and zucchini

Indian Vegetable Curry Braised spiced garden vegetables with steamed rice and a refreshing cucumber-yogurt sauce

Mashed potatoes, baked potato, rice and vegetable of the day

Orchiette with Marinara sauce

Broiled Fillet of Atlantic Cod

Grilled Chicken Breast with seasonal herbs

Grilled Black Angus Top Sirloin with Herb Butter

Brownie Madness Dark chocolate brownie, bittersweet chocolate mousse, and whipped cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce

Key Lime Pie Tangy Key lime custard in a flaky pie crust

Banana and Crunchy Nut Parfait Frozen custard, layered with whipped cream, caramel fudge sauce, almonds and macadamia nuts

Low-fat Strawberry Shortcake Light buttermilk pound cake layered with glazed, sliced strawberries

Sugar-free Key Lime Pie Tangy sugar-free Key lime custard in a flaky pie crust, served with marinated berries

Archived