Explorer Live Now And Then

I lost my tempory crown from my last root canal, off one of my front teeth yesterday. Yes, VERY attractive and Yes, I am being VERY sarcastic!

OMG Suzanne - I feel soooooooooooo badly for you and at the same time I'm laughing my butt off because of how you described the whole situation!!!! You sound so much like me when it comes to a bad situation and still having to keep your sense of humor!!! :p

I know what you mean about the men's take on these things. I wear two partial plates and Blake (our son for those who don't know that) told me on our cruise that I only had to wear them for dinner on formal nights. Wise _ _ _ !!!!! :eek:

I even volunteered to go to his Boy Scout meeting without my partial plates to fill in as the Jack 0 Lantern!!! I thought I was being funny until he told me he thought that would be a terrific idea!!!! :rolleyes:

How is your weather?!?! I've been so worried about you since I read this on the internet this morning - :eek:

Tropical depression forms in Atlantic

MIAMI (AP) — Tropical Depression 16 prompted storm warnings in Haiti and a watch in Cuba and could bring more than 10 inches of rain to Jamaica, forecasters said.

The depression could strengthen into a tropical storm late Sunday, when it would be named 'Noel,' according to the National Hurricane Center.

A tropical storm warning was in effect Sunday for the southwestern peninsula of Haiti from the Haiti-Dominican Republic border westward to Port-au-Prince, meaning tropical storm conditions are expected within the next 24 hours.

The government of Cuba also issued a tropical storm watch for the provinces of Granma, Santiago de Cuba and Guantanamo, meaning tropical storm conditions are possible, generally within 36 hours.

At 5 a.m. ET, the storm was located about 215 miles southwest of Santo Domingo and about 165 miles south of Port au Prince, according to the hurricane center. It was moving west-northwest near 7 mph. Maximum sustained winds were near 35 mph.

The depression was expected to move to the northwest over the next 24 hours, bringing the depression near the southwestern peninsula of Haiti on Sunday.

Forecasters added tropical storm conditions were possible along the south coast of the Dominican Republic from Barahona westward to the Haiti-Dominican Republic border. Rain of between 3 and 5 inches was expected over Puerto Rico during the next 24 hours, forecasters said.

Please tell us it's "going around" you!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good time. We are going 4-11 and are waiting until we hear from everyone before we book excursions. Thanks and keep us posted. ENJOY!!!

Hi, Irismike! You are on our sailing. It is very confusing since we have several threads going for that one. Here is the most active roll call right now - I haven't seen you over there yet!:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=371010&page=10

How are they and have I missed the pics????..............We are doing a B2B and will be in the same cabin for both..................How was the change over and was it as easy as you thought????

Suzanne changed cabins between the two sailings - from a JS to an OS, lucky girl! It seems as if her change over went very well. She was in the JS we'll be in on our sailing with the wierd balcony, so I'm anxious to see the pictures. She can't really post pictures now because it takes so long to download on that slow ship connection. So we wait patiently........:rolleyes:

I hope that tropical storm doesn't affect them!:eek:

Any idea where Dave is going? We had him on his first stint as a CD back in August, while Allan was still onboard (I guess mentoring), and found him to be pretty good, not knowing at the time it was his first time!

Also, how was the food?

Mhm :]

Dave is really cool!

I cruised on Aug. 31...was that his first cruise without Allan mentoring?

Anyway, Dave is going to be activities manager on the Explorer until April.

We returned from our cruise on August 12th, and that was Allan's last cruise as the "official" CD for that month. Then he went on the next cruise or two as a mentor for Dave before he left - so Dave didn't really do all of August. BTW - they were BOTH terrific!!!!

Ah, I see.

Just wondering, does that mean Dave's first cruise without Allan helping him out on Aug. 31? If it was, I'm very much impressed...since I was on that sailing and at first, I thought Dave was very experienced!

Any idea where Dave is going? We had him on his first stint as a CD back in August, while Allan was still onboard (I guess mentoring), and found him to be pretty good, not knowing at the time it was his first time!

Also, how was the food?

That information is not being released yet but Dave is going to another ship. Yes, he is very good but Allen is our personal favorite however the next ship will be fortunate to have Dave onboard. Portifino is excellent, dining room good and so is Windjammer. The food is very hot in windjammer now as there had been some complaints before that it was not but now you have to be careful not to burn yourself on the tongs. :)

That information is not being released yet but Dave is going to another ship. Yes, he is very good but Allen is our personal favorite however the next ship will be fortunate to have Dave onboard. Portifino is excellent, dining room good and so is Windjammer. The food is very hot in windjammer now as there had been some complaints before that it was not but now you have to be careful not to burn yourself on the tongs. :)

*huge gasp*

WHAT!? NOOOO!!!

But I was going to shadow Dave for a school project in December. It was going to be awesome. When is he leaving the Explorer!?

How do you know this? Who told you?:confused:

Blahhh

:(

Someone please tell me Phil Munro ["Can I get a whoop whoop!"] isn't going anywhere.

Sunny skies and slightly rocky seas today. Nothing serious just hitting some big swells. Main pools were closed and Solarium open at noon but I suspect main pools were closed for the safety of the kids as we are catching some swells that can really rock the ship every now and then. We may hit some weather as there is a tropical depression near Haiti now and they are watching it carefully but Captain expects it to move away from us but still watching it. We are going to the ice show at 3pm so they have not cancelled that as of yet as its just after 2pm now. We played mini golf this morning and of course helped by the wind or not helped depending on who was winning or losing at the time:D BBL

*huge gasp*

WHAT!? NOOOO!!!

But I was going to shadow Dave for a school project in December. It was going to be awesome. When is he leaving the Explorer!?

How do you know this? Who told you?:confused:

Blahhh

:(

Sorry but that is a fact and he was only CD on the Explorer while Allen was on vacation. It is not public information at this time where he will go next but he will remain with Royal Caribbean of course. :)

Sorry but that is a fact and he was only CD on the Explorer while Allen was on vacation. It is not public information at this time where he will go next but he will remain with Royal Caribbean of course. :)

Oh yeah, I knew he was only filling in during Allen's vacation.

But Dave won't even be onboard as his usual position as Activities Manager?

And Royal Caribbean has been lying to me when I've called them and they've said "Cruise Director will be Allen Brooks and Activities Manager in December will be David Chapman"

Hmph *tear* :(

I wonder if he's approved and recieved my position paper and outline yet for my school.

Is there any way you can ask, by any chance? I will make a shrine for you! :p

How are they and have I missed the pics????..............We are doing a B2B and will be in the same cabin for both..................How was the change over and was it as easy as you thought????

If I can jump in here for Suzanne - she said she'd post the pictures after she gets back because the internet connection is too slow to do it while onboard. :)

Suzanne:

Thanks so much for the live updates. I'm checking this thread and our crazy IOS thread just to see how you are doing on your B2B.

I can't believe what happened to your tooth! Girlfriend what are we going to do with you? I swear I may pack some ducco cement, bubble wrap and duct tape for you in December! That really is the pits..

When you see Ricky tell him that Barry/I says HI and we miss him. Any idea why they moved him out of the CL prior to his vacation? I know he is leaving sometime in November if I remember correctly. No one can replace Ricky on EX. Granted the others may do just as good of a job but it's not Ricky. We'll definitely miss him in December.

Enjoy your sea day and the gorgeous OS. I can't wait to see pictures of this. Will try to get caught up on this thread as well.

Sea ya!

DPurcell58:

Did I miss that Ricky is leaving? We met him in Aug. and he was great, he had said he would be around in February and was worried about the cold weather, but maybe his schedule has changed since then.

Ricky is not leaving the EX. He is going on vacation for a few weeks and will be home with his family for the holiday's. First time in five years so I'm happy for him and his wife that works on the ship as well.

Ricky is awesome! We met him on a B2B last year on EX and he was fantastic. Mom/I went on a cruise to Bermuda in September and he was still there and was so sweet to my mom since it was her first cruise.

He's not leaving thank goodness!

Sea ya!

Debbie that was being offered when we went up to NE. Now that it was described sounds like something that I might want to do. On the Brilliance in Feb they had the backstage tour as part of the daily activites on the last day. Now it is no longer free. It was very interesting because you went into the sound room, the lighting room and back stage with one of the dancers to hear about the costumes. Then you went on stage with the director to hear about cues, very very interesting.

ooh lets do it in December, Carol. :) Are you game?

Wow how interesting -- they are charging for the backstage tour on the Brilliance?

ACKKKK... I can see it now! Suzanne with her mouth glued shut and not able to eat during her cruise!! :eek: AHAHA! We're like Lucy and Ethel and I know I only trust MYSELF with Elmer's glue so I sure don't trust SUZANNE with Crazy Glue! :eek: FUNNY!!!!! LOL !

I can just picture Dave now trying to find Crazy Glue somewhere on board....:D

Carol/Debbie:

On Voyager in 2005 they offered a free backstage tour and it was even listed in the Cruise Compass. Strange that they are now charging for this tour. Haven't seen anything on EX so not sure what the deal is. It's a great tour and very interesting on how everything is put together.

Sea ya!

Sea-Cruise:

ooops....Sorry I gave Dave that idea! First she couldn't see wearing the Rudolph the Reindeer head and now THIS! Poor Suz!

LMAO.. what a visual! Suzanne will find a way to get through this and no way will she pass up her favorite cookies! LOL

Sea ya!

Archived