HAL in St. Thomas-- where do they dock?

cnvh

Rich, do you think on a day with 6 ships in port, a taxi will bring me back and forth to where I want to go when they're only two of us? IF so, what you've suggested is a great idea.

The only way I can answer you is this. I have used three cab drivers in St Thomas since 2000. In each case, they were nice, helpful people. One of the three I will continue to use whenever I go to St Thomas. I believe that if you talk to any of the three I used and make arrangements for a particular time, they will arrive within a few minutes either way. Four of the five times I have had the van to my self. The other was by my choice (my tablemates).

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14 Noordam will dock at Havensight, Westerdam will share Crown Bay with Princess and Zuiderdam and Disney will both anchor. Busy day in town.

What happened in St. Thomas on 11/14, misterX? In fact, both the Zuiderdam and the Noordam docked at Havensight that day. Just interested in what causes last minute changes in docking plans. Thanks.

What happened in St. Thomas on 11/14, misterX? In fact, both the Zuiderdam and the Noordam docked at Havensight that day. Just interested in what causes last minute changes in docking plans. Thanks.

The captain on the Zuiderdam said that the Carinval ship that was to originally dock at Havensight had some mechanical problems, making it arrive later in St. Thomas, lucky for us, we were there, got the slip!

Wow....

It's so good reading this. The day we go to St. Thomas on Maasdam, only one other ship is scheduled to be there. Maybe we'll get to dock at Havensight??? We can only hope. :)

Based on what I have learned here, HAL and Princess are contracted to dock at Crown Bay whenever space is available. A quick review of the ********** calendar for November confirms this.

Just returned from a cruise on the Veendam. We visited St. Thomas and there was only one other ship there. We docked at Crown Bay. A lot of nice store fronts for shops, but many are still empty.

Thinking I was going to Havensight, I took an open-air taxi. I had gotten on the wrong one. BUT it was a good thing. I found out that since there were no ships over there, not many shops were open.

I shopped downtown. The trip was $4.00. To Havensight would have been $5.00 from Crown Bay. (That is pp each way).

I love to shop in St. Thomas and during the past 3-4 times there had settled for shopping at Havensight. Shopping back downtown was still okay with me.

It will be nice if Crown Bay can get more stores open over there. Right now there are 2 ship's approved stores (if that appeals to you).

Indeed, they had a mechanical. Could not switch berths with the Noordam because of the departure sequence (Has to do with that new Marina in the corner of Havensight) so the only solution was to put Carnival Victory at anchor and give the Zuiderdam the berth.

That new Marina next to Havensight is the reason we hoped we could dock at Havensight. We don't care about the Havensight shopping. It would be so much more convenient to go to the Marina docked there rather than Crown Bay. Not a big deal. We'll get a taxi.

Archived