HAL in St. Thomas-- where do they dock?

cnvh

Crown Bay/Point is too far to walk. We used to walk from Havensight but can't from Crown.

If there are more than three ships (combined between Princess and HAL) one will anchor in the inner harbor or (very small likelihood) might go to Havensight if there is an empty dockage there.

There are three dam ships in St. Thomas (and a Princess one, too) on Nov 14th. I am wondering which ones will dock at Crown Bay, which at the pier, and which will anchor in the bay? There is some interesting information about this in a St. Thomas thread I started today.

Barrel_Proof,

That day is just like this past Wednesday, October 24, 2007. With the Sea Princess, Zuiderdam, and Noordam together, however there is one more ship in town durning that day than there was on October 24th. If they are going to do the same thing that they did on October. The Zuiderdam will be at Anchorage and the Noordam and Sea Princess will be docked and Crown Bay. The best way to check will be in the beginning of the month of November and going to the VINOW website and looking at the Cruise Ship schedule. However, this also is not set in stone/

Geoffrey.

PS. Usually the ship with more passengers dock. So Noordam has more passengers than Zuiderdam and the Sea Princess has more Passengers than the Noordam so in conclusion Sea Princess and Noordam will be together at Crown Bay

There are three dam ships in St. Thomas (and a Princess one, too) on Nov 14th. I am wondering which ones will dock at Crown Bay, which at the pier, and which will anchor in the bay? There is some interesting information about this in a St. Thomas thread I started today.

I see that the Disney Magic will also be in St Thomas that day - they will definitely be docked at Havensight.

The Noordam was at Havensight yesterday. I think it's Havensight till about new years, then Crown Bay. That what it was last year.

Mark.

Okay, now I'm REALLY confused... :)

Havensight would be nice; it looks like there's a bit more to do there than at Crown Bay... It's really no difference to us either way, since we're just hopping a taxi/van to a beach, but I'm one of those maniacal "planners" who has to know all the details ahead of time... :o Thanks everyone!

u4ea

That is because it was less than 6 ships in port, when there is more than 6 ships in port and Crown Bay is already filled the remaining HAL ships will be at Anchorage. This is from experience

Geoffrey

Gottcha, thanks....

The Noordam was at Havensight yesterday. I think it's Havensight till about new years, then Crown Bay. That what it was last year.

Mark.

We were on Noordam last January and we anchored in the inner harbor. It actually worked out very much better than we expected. We almost decided to not leave the ship thinking it would be a zoo but when we saw how smoothly and quickly they were getting pax ashore, we hopped on a tender and it's a very short ride to the middle of downtown.

The bad part is having no control over when Immigration Officials will arrive at the ship and when they will begin permitting the tenders to start their work. HAL has no control over that. Do they arrive at the Havensight docked ships first and the other ships wait until they finish there? Or are there enough officials for them to board all the ships reasonably soon after they arrive so the wait won't be excessive? I don't know. How many officials are enough when there are 6 or more ships at St. Thomas on the same day and they all nead Immigration Inspection? How lucky for the ship which arrived from a U.S. port and doesn't have to have Immigration call.

We will be in port on Tuesday, 11/6; there are 3 other ships in port that day (RCL Grandeur, CCL Triumph, and NCL Spirit), so I'm sure it's going to be busy. We have a shore excursion booked in the morning through HAL, but in the afternoon I'm hoping we'll have enough time to take a ferry to St. John and go to Honeymoon Beach or Trunk Bay... we'll be in port from 7A-6P, and I think our morning excursion should be finished by around noon.

There will be 5 ships in St. Thomas when we go in February. I can't quite imagine what a zoo it will be, even at the beaches. Anyone have any experience with Emerald Beach which ios close to Crown Bay? I know it's not too far, but I'm worried about finding a cab to take us back to the ship with so many people in town and at other beaches further away and more popular.

While five ships is definitely crowded, we've been there with that many and more. Often you can arrange with the taxi which brings you to the beach to return for you at a specific time. They are usually very reliable and will tell you to not pay them until they bring you back to the ship so it gives you a little peace of mind they'll return for you as they want their money.

Who can say how crowded the beach will be? It probably varies.

Worst we had was one cruise when everything in the harbor was full.

Outside the entrance there was 5 ships in a line side by side.

The harbor to the left as you enter St Thomas had two ships in it

There was one anchored in the center of the harbor.

Looked at that and spent a nice relaxing day on the ship....

Grand Cayman is another port like that.

Last time we were there the PA system announced that there were 35,000 cruise ship passangers in Grand Cayman that day. Another relaxing day on the ship.

Ruth & Jim

Archived