Jewel of the Seas

I understand that the Jewel of the Seas is in "dry dock' after cruising northern Europe. We are scheduled for an Eastern Caribean cruise on December 1st - for our 25th anniversary. The last time we went there was our honeymoon ccruise. What are they doing to the ship in dry dock? Any tips or suggestions for me as far as this ship goes? And how to make the most of our anniversary.

they are adding a new engine that you will make the ship more efficient while in port. It is a wonderful ship, make sure you take the glass elevators all the way to deck 13 WHILE looking out to sea for a cute surprise!

Happy Anniversary!!!

they are adding a new engine that you will make the ship more efficient while in port. It is a wonderful ship, make sure you take the glass elevators all the way to deck 13 WHILE looking out to sea for a cute surprise!

Happy Anniversary!!!

ahhhhhhhh..the elevators!!!!:D

DSC00484.jpg?t=1193434041

You can get all kinds. I personally prefer the dessert ones with strawberries, carmel sauce and whipped cream. :D

Thanks Bill..........on the MJ, they served crepes in the new Deli.....they advertised meal kinds in addition to dessert ones,but all they had was chocolate banana ones........

Thank you everyone for your responses. I am new to this board found it after we went on the Caribbean Princess last June with the in-laws (18 of us) to celebrate their 50th anniversary. I wish I had discovered it before we went!

Referee - we are not far from Jackson in Wall Twp. But dsboss1 we too are transplanted from MA not to NC (my brother is there now), but to NJ.

I so appreciate all the pictures. It looks like a beautiful ship. We will also have to try the crepes.

I definitely want to do the Meet and Mingle, but I think I need my documents before I can sign in.

I found these4 pictures on Smug Mug today. They look like Jewel drydock pictures to me.

The Jewel is schduled to leave Europe on October 30, to come and pick me up!

These are not actual pictures from her Drydock in Hamburg.

If you want to see her in Dry Dock you can do so here:

http://www.corporate-planning.com/d/pages/cam/hafenhamburg.php

m1.jpg?1193489826028

I also will be on the Jewel on Tues. Flying out tomorrow to enjoy all the amenities on our TA. I will now have to look for the crepes. Heard about the fish/chips, too. Just what we need; more reasons to eat 8-) Thanks for the info.

Got an email from my nephew who works in the theater on the Jewel. He said that they started to float the Jewel yesterday (Saturday, the 27th) and she will be leaving drydock a day early (TODAY!) and arriving in South Hampton a day early........

Everyone have a wonderful time on her, she is beautiful and our favorite ship so far.....

;)

Great shots of Jewel..Is anyone joining us on January 26, 2008 for the 8 day cruise? Need some more for our meet & mingle!

Just booked our very 1st cruise for this date on the Jewel...sounds like it'll be a great 1st experience for us... :D

Jazzbone

Archived