Fins an Flippers Island

Getaway3

Kat, I may have messed this up good, but here are photos of Fins & Flippers for you, Kathy

Thank you so much!! The pics are just beautiful :) It was so nice to read your review and see your pics of Fins N Flippers, it has added to our excitment tremendously!!!!

Kat, I may have messed this up good, but here are photos of Fins & Flippers for you, Kathy

060104_emA4_prv.gifWonderful pics!!! 060104_emA18_prv.gif

Kat 110105_emYA11_prv.gif

My family really enjoyed the snorkeling at Fins and Flippers. Saw lots of colorful fish, both large and small. The pool area was great. We loved the Monkey LaLa drinks! Definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

My family really enjoyed the snorkeling at Fins and Flippers. Saw lots of colorful fish, both large and small. The pool area was great. We loved the Monkey LaLa drinks! Definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

My 10 year old will be thrilled to hear about the pool and I am thrilled abut the Monkey LaLa drinks lol What is in them?

Kathy

We were in Roatan on 3/24 and went to Fins and Flippers.

The walk to the ferry is short. You will be approached by taxi drivers and tour operators but if you just tell them that you are looking for Fins and Flippers they will be happy to point you in the right direction.

You pay your admission once you reach the island and enter the gift shop. There is tax on the $20 fee. You are then given a wrist band.

The island is beautiful. It looks just like the pictures on their website. The pool area, the bathrooms and the beach were all very clean. The sand was raked.

It was definitely not crowded. We were alone in the pool area for part of the morning. There was some crew from our ship hanging out and relaxing. They did seem to get a little lunch rush for food and it took a little while for our food to come up but it was no problem. I enjoyed the local music they were playing at the bar.

Drinks were $2 for beer and $5 for mixed. They were generous with the drinks. DDs orderd Monkey La Las and the bartender had extra that he had mixed and gave it to them in a paper cup.

It was a beautiful, relaxing day.

If it's your first trip to Roatan you may want to take a tour and see the island but once you've done that, Fins and Flippers is perfect.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful reviews. I think this is where we are headed in June. I do have a couple of questions for ya. From the picture of F&F on the website, there looks to be a section that is squared off in the water. Does anyone know what this is? I'm assuming the pier with the cabana is where you get in the water for snorkeling. Where is the beach/swimming area in this photo? Is the swimming area where the sea grass is? From what I thought I read, when you're on the beach, your looking at the mainland and not at open water, is this true? How is the swimming.

Sorry about all the question, I'm getting to make a reservation, but just needed these last few questions answered. Thanks!

The spot that is sectioned off is where they used to do dolphin encounters through F&F's parent company Anthony Cays. The Dolphins were removed or sold because it was not making $! I asked the same question when I was there 3/26! You are correct though, that is not the area where snorkeling is; you snorkel off of the dock with the cabana at the end. The only time you see the sectioned off area is when you take the tender back and forth to the main island!

Thanks for clarifying for me:) . About the swimming and the beach, when on the beach are you looking at land or open waters? Is the swimming good? Where is the sea grass a few have mentioned? Again, thanks for the help.

Sitting on the beach you see open ocean. To the left is Roatan's airport, you can see it from the snorkel dock, (the 1 w/ the cabana) again only a couple of small planes.

Swimming from the beach....I'm not to sure. :o I snorkeled the whole time while DW stayed by the pool. We had some rain our day there, so the beach was sort of out. I'm assuming the water off the beach is shallow though. At the end of the dock to snorkel it's only waste deep off the ladder. I saw the sea grass from walking out the dock, I'd have to guess that the sea grass off the beach is between knee and waste deep.

There is alot to see snorkling. The owner even told me there has been sea horse sightings, but I didn't see any.

Wow! I don't think I've ever read anything on this board where everybody agrees! This is a first.

:rolleyes: DON'T GO THERE! THE PLACE IS REALLY BAD! THe water is smelly, and the pool was green, the food made me feel bad!:rolleyes: Do you feel better now chigirlcruzin?!:D That is what I'm telling people from now on so the place will still be quiet and wonderful when I get back there in 494 days!;)

Speaking of quiet, is this place over-run with children? We would rather not be around a swarm of kids, just want to relax. Will that be possible here?

It is not over run with anything at all! When I was there on 3/26/08, there were more workers there from 9 till 1 than guests! There was myself, DW and our friends from CC, Tim and Darla, their DD (17) and her GF also (17) THAT WAS IT!!!!! At about 1:00 more people started to show up because the Parent company Antony's CAys was having a buffet for it's guests there after their snorkel trip. @ 1 there was maybe an additional 20 - 25 people. Never got crowded, and no kids under 12 that day.

Again....stay away from here this place stinks, the pool is green, oh and the bugs! big ones the size of birds!;) (just joking!!):D

Did they let you leave a credit card and run a tab or does everything have to be paid in cash each time you buy a drink/food?

We didn't drink much, but we (DW & I) ordered a drink each and 2 apps and the bar tender was really laid back about it, "okay mon." "no problem mon." Kind of sounded Jamacian to me. He didn't ask us for $. We asked him when the food came out if he wanted us to pay now or later, he said "when evah mon, no problem!" They know you're not getting off the island without paying, they have to take you back. I'm sure when you ask to run a tab they'll say" no problem mon!":D

opps! this place is smelly! STAY AWAY!

:rolleyes: DON'T GO THERE! THE PLACE IS REALLY BAD! THe water is smelly, and the pool was green, the food made me feel bad!:rolleyes: Do you feel better now chigirlcruzin?!:D That is what I'm telling people from now on so the place will still be quiet and wonderful when I get back there in 494 days!;)

THIS PERSON WOULD NOT LIE TO YOU!!! DO NOT GO THERE!!! tee hee.....

we'll be there all by ourselves!!

Drinks & food are pay as you go. There are umbrellas on a "deck" at the "snack bar". There were only about 20 of us there in January.... unfortunately, it doesn't sound like that will be the case from now on. But that is one thing we love about CC.... everyone shares so that we can all enjoy!!!

Archived