Fins an Flippers Island

Getaway3

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad: would ya'll just shut up talking about this place or it will be over run when I get there in November:D

Can't wait--just a little over 6 months away now!

We booked our day with FNF for June! I got a confirmation saying they are 2 hours behind ship time. That started me wondering if we dock at 8:30am ship time do we stay on ship time? Don't want to get left somewhere cause I didnt think to ask.

our review of fins and flippers

One word AWESOME!

The pool was awesome, the drinks were cheap and great, food was good, cindy was an awesome host. The place is spotless. We loved it there, when we go back to RH we will be back to fins and flippers.

Its an awesome place to snorkel.

We booked our day with FNF for June! I got a confirmation saying they are 2 hours behind ship time. That started me wondering if we dock at 8:30am ship time do we stay on ship time? Don't want to get left somewhere cause I didnt think to ask.

Hmmm, that's good to know. Our ship docks at 8am which would be 6am their time. Does anyone know what time they open? It would be nice to not have to rush off the ship :)

Hmmm, that's good to know. Our ship docks at 8am which would be 6am their time. Does anyone know what time they open? It would be nice to not have to rush off the ship :)

me too! we dock at 8:00. -6:00 there!

When I made the reservation to be picked to be picked up, I made it ship time not local time! oops!!!

When I made the reservation to be picked to be picked up, I made it ship time not local time! oops!!!

The tender picks up passengers about every 10 minutes or so. The island is just a 2 to 3 minute ride so it's a pretty easy trip. I had the reservation for 10AM pick up but couldn't get there until 11AM but it was no problem at all. On the way back, the tender even drops you off right next to the ship. I wished it could have picked us up right there too. It would save a 5-minute walk down to the Fins & Flipper pier.

No worries, they go by ships time, too. You can check the web site to make sure...just drop them a line and they will verify for you....Jimmy

Just give Cindy an approximate time....From what she told me is they need a count of how many to expect....They do get a few drop ins from the ship crew...They would want to make sure they can accommodate everyone with a reservation

The day we were there Cindy said there were sixty something people with reservations and a few drop ins....We arrived a little earlier than our reservation time....

Should you worry about sharks at all while snorkeling?

I personally didn't see any sharks, nor was I worried about them...That may have changed had I seen any:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Are we talking about less than 3 ft. deep? How much distance

between your belly and the top of the coral?

we went to fins and flippers last friday! it was amazing!!! very very shallow at the end of the dock..... maybe a foot between your body and the coral.... you can swim around the coral... go maybe 20 yards and it drops off! beautiful blue water tons of colorful fish!

We were there last week, it is a great place to spend the day. Great beach and snorkelling, very good food and reasonable prices, very peaceful. We practically had the place alone with the exception of some of the cruise ship employees. This may be the best "secret" out there. It won't be long before everyone is going there. We loved it.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad: would ya'll just shut up talking about this place or it will be over run when I get there in November:D

Can't wait--just a little over 6 months away now!

When in November? I'll be on Roatan 11/26. This thread is making me think F & F is the way to go, but I'll have to sell it to a family that seems fixated on Victor Bodden's monkeys...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We've booked the day for 9/19/08. Seems we will be the only ship in port! Wooohoooo!:)

We're on that cruise too! After reading the wonderful raves about F&F, it's at the top of my list. I'm glad to hear the Legend is the only ship docked in Roatan that day. Friends just went on the Glory last week and reported that our original choice, Tabyana Beach, was very crowded. We just have to decide which is best for us since we have 3 children who are all beginner snorkelers.

I am going on the Glory the end of July and plan to go to Finns and Flippers. Does anyone know if there are lockers available to use and what the cost would be? Thanks

Carol

i did not see any lockers when we visited in may....

you will love fins n flippers!

We will be at F&F, on the Legend 11/28. For those of you who have your reservation, How long did it take? I've filled out the form twice now and received an email that says they received my inquiry and would contact me with my reservation information but I've never received anything. Just curious if it takes awhile to get the actual reservation confirmation (I want to make sure we get the internet pricing and not the price for showing up on the day). THANKS! Kim

We're on that cruise too! After reading the wonderful raves about F&F, it's at the top of my list. I'm glad to hear the Legend is the only ship docked in Roatan that day. Friends just went on the Glory last week and reported that our original choice, Tabyana Beach, was very crowded. We just have to decide which is best for us since we have 3 children who are all beginner snorkelers.

How do you find out how many other ships are in port on a specific date? I'd love to know how many will be with us in Roatan on 7/23. Thanks!

Never mind I found a calendar and it shows just the Valor in port that day. Might be a quiet day at F&F :)

What did you do with your "Stuff"?

Glad you had a good time.

Carol

we were the first couple to arrive... we left our "stuff" on a beach chair while we snorkeled. did not bring anything of value beside a water proof digital camera that we took into the water w/ us. we felt very safe @ fins and flippers.

How long did it take? I've filled out the form twice now and received an email that says they received my inquiry and would contact me with my reservation information but I've never received anything. Just curious if it takes awhile to get the actual reservation confirmation

I'm pretty sure we got our reservation confirmation the day we filled out the form online.

Archived