Fins an Flippers Island

Getaway3

Yeah more pictures!

1 of the snorkel dock looking out to sea. 1 from path from pool to beach, beach in front, snorkel dock in the distance. 1 on the dock looking at the "airport".

THESE ARE FAKE PHOTOS!!! IT IS NOT PRETTY AT FINS & FLIPPERS!!! YOU WILL HATE IT!!!! DON'T GO!!!!!!! tee hee..... think this is working??

..... think this is working??

Oh, I keep forgetting!:D Fins and Flippers is now closed. They no longer allow NEW guests from cruise ships on their island!;) Only people who have visited in the past!:cool: Tee hee....is that better?!:rolleyes:

I know this was asked earlier in the thread but since it has been a few months...

1) Do you need bug spray are sand flees a problem at this point in the year?

2) Is the snorkeling (off the pier) considered to be as good/better than tabyana beach?

Also, another poster asked but I couldn't find a response. Is it a nice place to swim from the beach or is it grassy and mucky?

I know this was asked earlier in the thread but since it has been a few months...

1) Do you need bug spray are sand flees a problem at this point in the year?

2) Is the snorkeling (off the pier) considered to be as good/better than tabyana beach?

Also, another poster asked but I couldn't find a response. Is it a nice place to swim from the beach or is it grassy and mucky?

No sand flees when I was there 3/26; although it was cloudy and a little rainy:mad: I was prepared with bug spray; but didn't need it. I've never been to Tabyana, but the snorkeling of the pier was AWESOME!:D You have to swim straight out from the dock for 80 to 100 yards before it really opens up, other wise it is shallow. (waist to knee deep) But the best snorkeling I've ever done! Flat out swiming from the beach?! not so good. I didn't try it, but it looked shallow(knee deep) and there was sea grass 20 to 30 yards out. Considering how long the snorkel pier is, and at the end of that its only waist deep, I'm gonna have to say that it is not great swimming of the beach. But if you have little ones it would be perfect for them to splash around.:cool:

Oh, I keep forgetting!:D Fins and Flippers is now closed. They no longer allow NEW guests from cruise ships on their island!;) Only people who have visited in the past!:cool: Tee hee....is that better?!:rolleyes:

MUCH BETTER!!

Thank you!

One more quesiton...

We are on the Legend at it arrives in Roatan at 8am ship time, which I think is 6am local time. On the reservation it asks what time are you requesting the shuttle. The boat leaves at 1pm and I would like to be back on board by 12. Would 7am be too early to go to Fins & Flippers?

How does the shuttle work....do they wait for all guests from the ship (only one in port that day) to arrive or do they make multiple trips? Can you leave at any time as well?

Fins and Flippers was a hi-lite of our 3/22 cruise. The snorkeling is beautiful - I mean really beautiful. But you do have to make your way out from the dock quite a ways - it's so so worth it though. Lunch was a bit of a hassle - took a REALLY long time to get our order and then didnt' get everything we ordered so they could work on that aspect but even with that I would absolutely recommend this place.

The shuttle boat is pretty much at your disposal and makes numerous trips all day long. The fact that the ship docked and the Fins and Flippers boat is really close by and they cart you back and forth all day long made this an extremely relaxed, stress-free excursion day - so worth the $20.pp se spent!

Also, for those of you that arrived on the Legend, did you have to wait until a certain time to leave the boat? I have read that even though you arrive at 8am (ship time) you can't get off the boat until 9 or 10, since it is so early local time. Just trying to see how long we would actually have at Fins & Flippers

We are on the Legend at it arrives in Roatan at 8am ship time, which I think is 6am local time. On the reservation it asks what time are you requesting the shuttle. The boat leaves at 1pm and I would like to be back on board by 12. Would 7am be too early to go to Fins & Flippers?

How does the shuttle work....do they wait for all guests from the ship (only one in port that day) to arrive or do they make multiple trips? Can you leave at any time as well?

We were on the legend the week of 3/23; DW and I took our time getting off the ship. THere was a little bit of a line to get off at 8:30. It took 10 - 15 minutes. Mostly 'cause they had to scan everyones cards, and only one guy doing it. Also there was a lot of "natives" wanting to take pictures w/ the carnival photo guys. This slowed things up. I'm pretty sure departure was at 3 PM (ship time) having to be back on board by 2 or 2:30. We were at F&F's from 9 till 1 I guess (ship time). We didn't even think of local time when we were there. The shuttle was just waiting to take guests back and forth with no wait at all. They make multiple trips. you can leave at anytime. Just walk back to the tender boat and away you go. I'm also sure that they only ever have 1 ship in port. There is no place for a second to dock; tender maybe, but no docking for a second. Ask F&F how many are signed up on your day, I'm guessing its less than 12 - 18 people.

One word :Wow

This place was AWESOME. I had made reservations for two. Two of our table mates had nothing to do that day, so they decided to tag along. Then two more of our table mates had their excursion cancelled, so they joined us as well.

At first, it was a bit sketchy walking there. Be prepared to be hard sold everything. One guy asked us if we needed a cab, I said no, I have reservations for FIns and Flippers. He said, oh great, follow me, and led the group right there. Once there, this place is paradise. I did not snorkel. I did lay by the beach, used the pool and the jacuzzi, and imbided in several Barena beers, which were amazing. I would recommend the fried shrimp and the fundidos, both were great!

I mean, this place sucks, stay away!

Just back from Voyager! Went to F&F on Thurs.

Don't ever go there, you'll be very disappointed:mad: . Not at all what all these silly people have said. The sun is always shining and you never get a chance to wash your hands...the place is toooo clean. You never scratch up your toes on the pool bottom cuz it's all tile!! The snorkeling is awful cuz you have to swim out through a little channel in the coral for about 5 minutes to get to the most spectacular wall we have ever seen and we've seen a few(cert.divers)! Then they make you eat these delicious chips, bean and cheese dip and barbied shrimp with absolutely no concern for your health or waist size and to top it off, they make you drink all these drinks from the most extensive bar list imaginable at rediculously low prices, no thought to who is the designated walker to get back to the ship!!!

No No!!! don't go there! Waste of time!

Honestly, Cindy was ill prepared for the 50+ she had this week. Nobody there in the early morning but a few of us from Voyager until THEY came! Costa Meditterania came in and both cruise line employees have found it and we were overrun by 12:00 with young crew members and so with only 3 or 4 servers at most, she was overcome by the crowd. We couldn't get our lunch unless we waited in line quite a long time so we finally gave up and left early, but it is truly a paradise! That's why you mustn't tell anyone about F&F...shhhhhhhhhhhh! We're on our way back just as fast as we can, (Jan.11th on Voyager again). Not a sand flea in sight!

A few more questions...

First, I sent in a reservation request and few days ago and then sent an e-mail again today? Did it take them awhile to confirm back to you?

Also, will someone meet you at the pier or do you have to walk to meet the ferry? (I am seeing mixed posts, so just wanted to know the most recent) If you do have to walk to meet it, could someone describe where you go?

Finally, do they rent beach towels or do you need to bring your own?

They should email you that they have you confirmed (I printed that email and took it with me) and then when you get there, you just exit the ship, walk through the temporary shopping tent and gate to the pier and onto the sidewalk and turn right, walk on the right side of the street till you see the first really substantial dock on your right and see the Fins and Flippers sign, walk down the pier and wait for your shuttle over to the island. The walk is no more than a couple hundred yards.

I did not see any beach towels for use there, we took our own from home, but there are some for sale in the substantial and well stocked gift shop that has lots of affordable and quality stuff for sale.

We were there that day too. I couldn't believe how many people were there. We still had plenty of room though. What a beautiful way to spend our day in Roatan!! it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip... :)

Just back from Voyager! Went to F&F on Thurs.

Don't ever go there, you'll be very disappointed:mad: . Not at all what all these silly people have said. The sun is always shining and you never get a chance to wash your hands...the place is toooo clean. You never scratch up your toes on the pool bottom cuz it's all tile!! The snorkeling is awful cuz you have to swim out through a little channel in the coral for about 5 minutes to get to the most spectacular wall we have ever seen and we've seen a few(cert.divers)! Then they make you eat these delicious chips, bean and cheese dip and barbied shrimp with absolutely no concern for your health or waist size and to top it off, they make you drink all these drinks from the most extensive bar list imaginable at rediculously low prices, no thought to who is the designated walker to get back to the ship!!!

No No!!! don't go there! Waste of time!

Honestly, Cindy was ill prepared for the 50+ she had this week. Nobody there in the early morning but a few of us from Voyager until THEY came! Costa Meditterania came in and both cruise line employees have found it and we were overrun by 12:00 with young crew members and so with only 3 or 4 servers at most, she was overcome by the crowd. We couldn't get our lunch unless we waited in line quite a long time so we finally gave up and left early, but it is truly a paradise! That's why you mustn't tell anyone about F&F...shhhhhhhhhhhh! We're on our way back just as fast as we can, (Jan.11th on Voyager again). Not a sand flea in sight!

I see BecciBoo has beat me to the this thread.

Yes, it was truly a paradise. Cindy, the manager, is just wonderful. FnF was the best kept secret of all. I would highly recommend this resort. It cost $20pp to enter and then you paid for your food and drinks.

Thank you Cindy for keeping the place immaculate. We enjoyed your little world of paradise and we will definitely be back:D

And there were no "sand fleas"!!!

I've been debating what to do in Roatan, leaning towards F&Fs.

Question: Any wildlife on the island? Iguanas or birds, anything else?

TIA!

I didn't see any wild life. I did see alot of sea creatures and shells, etc. It is truly breathtaking. I wish I could spend several days there.

I didn't see any wild life. I did see alot of sea creatures and shells, etc. It is truly breathtaking. I wish I could spend several days there.

Sand fleas!! and we did see a very large lizard in January and a very small colorful one.... you can tell I'm not an expert.... a lizard is a lizard!! DO NOT MISS F&F!!! We're just hoping that it hasn't become too crowded since January when there were only maybe 20 people max there. Seems every single person on Voyager April 20 is headed there... worth a few sand flea bites to enjoy the island.

Archived