Fins an Flippers Island

Getaway3

thanks everyone for the great info - we are scrambling to find things to do because we changed our cruise plans on Friday (princess gave us a deal to cancel our cruise) so we had no clue what to do and this is a perfect spot.

One question can anyone confirm they accept Credit Cards? Thanks for all the great info.

I am just learning about F&F. We were planning on booking Tambyana through Carnival, now I'm thinking to book F&F.

How long does it take to get to F&F? and is on via boat? (just making sure I need to tell DH all the details!)

If you have been to Tabyana Beach-how long does it take to get there?

My wife and I just returned from the NCL Sun and spent Monday the 14th on the island. We were the only ship in port that day and got off the ship and walked over to the pier and they immediatly had us on their boat and took us over to their place. We were the only 2 people there until 11 when another couple from Germany showed up. We went snorkeling and although shallow at the end of the pier we found some nice paths to swim around and it was great. Plenty of fish and nice coral to check out. The beach area had great chairs and plenty of trees to get shade if you want. Drank several Port Royals for $2 and you have to try the Island Special drink for $5. Its a rum punch drink with Lots of rum. The pool area is exceptional, brand new and many nice tables with umbrellas. Some paths to walk around and see the nice flowers and plants. Rest rooms were spotless with tile floors. Nice gift shop. Around lunch several crew were there and we had fun talking to them as it is one of their favorite places to chill when they have some time off the ship. I would book another cruise and Fins and Flippers would be our stop when in Roatan. They did not have snorkel vests there so the boat operator gave us some life jackets to use from their boat and did not charge us. Bottom line this was our favorite stop on our trip. A 5 star experience !!!!

John and Carol

I am just learning about F&F. We were planning on booking Tambyana through Carnival, now I'm thinking to book F&F.

How long does it take to get to F&F? and is on via boat? (just making sure I need to tell DH all the details!)

It only takes about 5 minutes by boat to get there. We were there till dusk and it was kind of neat looking across the water and seeing the ship all lit up. As FountainCruiser says it is a 5 star experience. I hope we get to go there again someday.

I've been to both Tabyana Beach and Fins and Flippers. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was about a half hour to Tabyana Beach. It's just minutes to Fins and Flippers. You can see the cruise ship from Fins and Flippers. Tabyana Beach is beautiful and you will get to see some of Roatan on the ride to the beach. Tabyana Beach will be much more crowded with a cruise ship excursion.

Thanks everyone for suggesting F & F. We were there 2 days ago and it was outstanding!! Only about 20 people on the island..... great! By the way there was no trace of any bugs at all!

Was there on the 23rd of April...My wife and I had a great time...she swam out to the wall....maybe 25 yards from the end of the pier...and had a great time snorkeling....due to health, I wasn't able to make it out to the wall but had a great time just snorkeling the reef top....lots of brain coral and lots of fish to see....The food was great and the pina colada was perhaps the best I have ever had...the beach was great, too....it does get grassy within a few yards of the shore line so it is not necessarily the best swimming beach...but the view is fantastic...Cindy, the manager was very nice and the staff was friendly and helpful, I will say that with 60 people on the island that day, the food service was slow, but that did not take away from the best day on our cruise...We also saw no bugs. (well, three ants in a tree) :) It is very easy to get to and you don't have to waste a lot of time travelling to get to a great snorkel site and a beautiful setting...Jimmy... I noticed that someone mentioned they had no snorkel vests...when we were there, they had several, and when they did not have one to fit my wife, they got a new one off of the wall and we rented that for $5....J

I agree with Jimpop. I was there on the same day (04/23/08). The view was fabulous but the beach is not great for swimming. Here are some pictures:

If you dont mind me asking 2 ?'s

1-why was the beach not good for swimming

2- was the beach good to sit on and relax/how comfortable were the beach chairs?

If you look at the 3rd picture, it is about 5 to 10 feet from the shore line to the area where the grassy area starts. The depth of the non-grassy area is about 2 feet so not much swimming can be done. My kids and their cousins played in this area and I went snorkeling from the pier.

The beach chair is comfortable and the beach is very good for sitting and relaxing with a book...until little kids like mine show up. :)

Actually, if I remember correctly, the kids in our families are the only kids I saw around. I apologize to the ladies sitting nearby but they said they enjoy watching the kids playing in the sand.

Here is a picture for a better view of the beach:

2gwdfr8.jpg

I forgot to tell you....DON"T GO HERE>>>:D we don't want anyone to spoil it:)

Jimpop, I don't know if we were the family that you said "..plant themselves squarely in front of our perfect view (very rudely, I might add) which made our day only slightly less than perfect" in your review. If it was, I apologize. I even spoke to the lady that was there (reading) if it was bothering her, but she said it was OK.

OK, giant photos. Any way to post pics that aren't huge, full screen ones?

Actually, I like the full screen photos, but I have high-speed internet. This leads to a question that I have wondered about: What is the best way to post a picture in a thread? An attachment, copy & paste, etc? How about picture file size? Once in awhile I have pictures that I would have posted, but have not because of these questions.

Jimpop, I don't know if we were the family that you said "..plant themselves squarely in front of our perfect view (very rudely, I might add) which made our day only slightly less than perfect" in your review. If it was, I apologize. I even spoke to the lady that was there (reading) if it was bothering her, but she said it was OK.

Your apology is accepted, it was not the children that we objected to, it was the fact that you placed your group directly in front of our (and our friends) chairs. We have five grandchildren and we enjoyed watching your children play in the surf, I would just ask that next time you consider where you are placing your chairs and show consideration for those who were there prior to your arrival. Thanks, Jimmy

Thank you Jimmy. This was a trip with my in-laws so you know what they says, you can choose your wife, but you can't choose her family (or something like that). :)

Again, I apologize for my family's action. It had been bothering me all day long yesterday after I read your great review. I feel much better now.

Was at F&F on 4/23 as well.....Just loved it....

DH and I had never snorkeled before, so I went out through the trails with friends we met on Roll Call...

DH doesn't swim, so he and I snorkeled off of the pier....It was wonderful...

No sand fleas for us, but did see ants....

At the end of the day, instead of dropping us off at the dock where they picked us up, they drove us right back to the ship...:D

I'll be saddened if it becomes too popular....:(

... What is the best way to post a picture in a thread? An attachment, copy & paste, etc? How about picture file size? Once in awhile I have pictures that I would have posted, but have not because of these questions.

Per FAQ:

What Are Attachments?

The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make.

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

After posting, the image attachments may display a thumbnail, depending on the forum settings. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon.

Also, check out the Photo Discussion Area Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118. I feel sure the folks there will be glad to help you further.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Thank you Jimmy. This was a trip with my in-laws so you know what they says, you can choose your wife, but you can't choose her family (or something like that). :)

Again, I apologize for my family's action. It had been bothering me all day long yesterday after I read your great review. I feel much better now.

I need to correct myself. I meant to say "you can choose your spouse, but you can't choose his/her family".

Per FAQ:

What Are Attachments?

Also' date=' check out the [b']Photo Discussion Area Forum [/b]at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118. I feel sure the folks there will be glad to help you further.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Thanks Kat for replying. Sorry, after several years on CC, I should of known to look around the Boards before asking the question.

Thanks Kat for replying. Sorry, after several years on CC, I should of known to look around the Boards before asking the question.

You are most welcome!

No problem, just glad I could help!!

Kat 110105_emYA11_prv.gif

Actually, I like the full screen photos, but I have high-speed internet. This leads to a question that I have wondered about: What is the best way to post a picture in a thread? An attachment, copy & paste, etc? How about picture file size? Once in awhile I have pictures that I would have posted, but have not because of these questions.

If you have your pictures posted on a website.. then you can just click on the yellow envelope at the top menu bar in your reply box..and post the link there.. and the picture will show up;)

Archived