Tell us about Cafe Promenade

longduo

We are new to RCCL. I see that Cafe Promenade is on the Grand Promenade. I have read that they have wonderful cookies, etc.

Is there a charge for food and drink there? Are all items served all of the time?

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours. It is basically a bakery combined with Seattle's Best Coffee (SBC). There is a charge for the SBC. The sandwiches are small and served on croissants or baguettes or similar. Cookies were good but my wife and I loved the amaretto cookies at Sorrento's. No charge for any of this food.

Cafe Promenade has free sandwiches, pastries, cookies (the coconut ranger cookies are the best!), etc. You can also get free regular coffee and tea (and i think hot cocoa).....there is a charge for speacialty coffees (lattes, etc.) (cafe promenade is on Voyager and Freedom class ships)

I generally grabbed a couple dansih and coffee there each morning as a "pre-breakfast" snack! :D

If you ever happen to sail on a smaller ship with RC, they have cafe lattetudes...pretty much everything is extra there....like, if youwant a cookie, you have to buy coffee (even regular). i said, uh, not...and went up to windjammer where it was free.

We are new to RCCL. I see that Cafe Promenade is on the Grand Promenade. I have read that they have wonderful cookies, etc.

Is there a charge for food and drink there? Are all items served all of the time?

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

You will also find some fruit, pizza, and IMHO the Oatmeal Raisin cookies are the best. My wife always stops for tea and little snacks. There is no charge for anything. The Ben & Jerry and Seattles Best Coffee are incorporated next to the Cafe depending on the ship.

You can also fill your water bottle there (please use a cup!).

And here's one of the best things: While waiting for disembarkation, you can sit at one of the tables (if you get there early enough) and drink coffee and eat snacks while waiting for your color to be called. Best disembarkation we have ever had!

You will love the Promenade.

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

First of all, I just know that you are going to love the Explorer.

The area down the length of Deck 5 is called the Royal Promenade.

You can, indeed, get wonderful cookies there. You can also get pizza by the slice, little sandwiches such as brie and prosciutto on croissant, fresh fruit, and other small cakes. There is regular coffee (already brewed in dispensers), all sorts of tea, hot chocolate, that you make yourself with packets and hot water.

The specific cakes, cookies and small sandwiches vary from day to day, and sometimes hour by hour.

It's a great hangout, and will be even nicer on YOUR cruise, because there won't be a lot of teens hogging it! ;)

Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours. It is basically a bakery combined with Seattle's Best Coffee (SBC). There is a charge for the SBC. The sandwiches are small and served on croissants or baguettes or similar. Cookies were good but my wife and I loved the amaretto cookies at Sorrento's. No charge for any of this food.

There is definitely NO charge for the regular or decaf SBC at the Cafe. Hot chocolate and differents teas are also no charge. Only the lattes, espressos, cappucinos, etc are an extra charge.

Did you mean to say NO charge. There was no charge on any of our previous cruises, the latest being in August.

Jimmers:)

I meant to say that there is charge for specialty drinks at SBC. Gold c&A members will receive a 25% off coupon for a specialty drink at SBC.

You can also fill your water bottle there (please use a cup!).

On Liberty, there is a sign specifically requesting passengers NOT do this. It says to please see the staff if you wish to fill up your bottle. Just wanted to mention this, since it is so very unhygienic to refill from the spout (which is why you said to use a cup, I know - but some people still do it anyway).

You will also find some fruit, pizza, and IMHO the Oatmeal Raisin cookies are the best. My wife always stops for tea and little snacks. There is no charge for anything. The Ben & Jerry and Seattles Best Coffee are incorporated next to the Cafe depending on the ship.

Depends on the ship. On Freedom class ships, pizza is served in Sorrentos, a separate restaurant, and Ben & Jerry's is also a seperate venue.

We love the cafe promenade! That's why we always stay on deck 6, just one quick floor above it! The cookies are great, also the little sandwiches. Lord knows we NEED to eat more food on our cruise!!!:eek:

That's our favorite deck too! Not only because of the Cafe, but because of the easy access to most attractions. :)

Archived