All things Jewel of the Seas!

We just got off the 8 day Jewel cruise. What can I say, the ship is very beautiful. The solarium is like being in a jungle. What an experience.

FOOD - this is such a touchy topic, but here goes my opinion only. The windjammer has plenty of selection. I found the omelets to be great and I also like the oatmeal - and yes, they have brown sugar and walnuts or almonds to put in your oatmeal. The dining room has a variety of things also. My favorite meal on the ship was at Chops. OMG:eek: -to die for!!!

BAND - the live music around the ship was the best. Especially in the Centrium. The pool band was just okay for me. (again JMO). When the pool band was not playing, I really enjoyed the music they had playing outside.

We had a balcony cabin and it was very elegant - I liked the decor better than any other ship I've been on (20 rcl cruises).

You will have a blast. Oh, I forgot to mention the seaview cafe - fantastic!!!

It is so great to read so many positive remarks about the Jewel. We'll be on her Feb 23rd. I can't wait to discover all of her hidden beauty. First stop 12th floor to check out those flamingos.:D Debbie

Come on over and check out the roll call for this cruise, we have a great bunch going with you. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=461578

Have you signed up for the meet & mingle yet?

We are on the 8 day eastern

What band was playing in the Centrum? Did they have a pool band & another band for the club or did they cover both places or just have a DJ? Was there a guitar & piano player also?

Can't go wrong with either Jewel or Brilliance

Yup signed up last summer sometime. Can't wait. Debbie

HI Debbie, come on back and chat once in a while. Our roll call has been quiet, I guess because of the holidays. I am hoping we start chatting again more often. We don't have too much longer to go now!!:D

I checked RCI web site tonight and our cruise (Feb 17) has switched the Playa and Belize days like the January sailings. If anyone else is doing the 6 night in February I would check yours also.

Well I see you found out all on your own. :D I just replied in the Roll Call thread for our cruise.

How did you find out? Did you get a phone call or did you just randomly check the website?

I never would have known, if my wife wasn't simply up late and was cruising the net and our "favorites" links for our cruise intinerary.

As DH and I have only been on the Explorer (four times), we are looking at Panama canal for 09. we would like to know if anyone has a favorite grand suite location and if wifi is available in these and any information on the suite 1600 corner aft.

Thank you for helping. I hope this thread becomes as great as our explorer thread. We are looking forward to booking on the Jewel.

Happy New Year to all Jewel cruisers!

After you sail on the Jewel this year, please be sure to post your review of your cruise. I would love to know what changes, if any, will be made to the Jewel.

Anyone sailing the British Isles this summer, stop by the roll call. There's a list of cruisers that I started and would love to add more people to the list.

Cruzinmimi . . .

How large was the D, D+ crowd? Did they open a second area or was the CL enuf for everyone? We are on the 1/6/08 sailing. Thanks.

Rickand Deirdra

Rick & Deirdra - so sorry I didn't see this earlier. They opened up the Hollywood Odyssey-Deck 13 for all the D/D+ members. The CL would not hold us. We had over 200 D/D+ members on our sailing.

I hope you will check this before you guys sail tomorrow. Enjoy your cruise & the Jewel.:)

Were certain members compelled to go to the alternate and not issued keys to the CL? Not concerned about the drinks at night, it is just that we are steps away from the CL and it would be great in the a.m.

Thanks for the good wishes for this week. Looking like we'll have a great time on Jewel!

Rick and Deirdra

Were certain members compelled to go to the alternate and not issued keys to the CL? Not concerned about the drinks at night, it is just that we are steps away from the CL and it would be great in the a.m.

Thanks for the good wishes for this week. Looking like we'll have a great time on Jewel!

Rick and Deirdra

I believe that the CL was open in the mornings on Deck 7 (I think it was), but in the evening the cocktail hour was on Deck 13. I know one morning I went to the CL-Deck 7 and she was in there and there was only one gentleman in there using the computer. If I remember correctly, there was continental breakfast items. My DH got a latte while Andrea was printing our boarding passes.

Rick and Deirdra

It appears that that happened on the Explorer but RCI has stated in emails to others on this board, that it happened because of a misinterpretation of the company's policy on CLs when a large number of Diamond members are onboard and a satellite lounge has to be opened. According to RCI, the only ships where Diamond members do not have access to the CL are Freedom and Liberty which have Diamond Lounges which provide Diamond members the same services as the CL provides for suite guests. You should not have any problem on the Jewel.:)

Did any of you use the ship luggage service? I'm wondering how the JOS handles this. I guess it costs $20. Some ships you still claim it in baggage, and get it to the airline truck. Others say you put tags on your luggage the nite before and you don't handle it again until you get home. That would be my dream! If any of you that have been on the Jewel have used this please let us know. Thanks!

Is anyone back recently from Jewel with info about Diamond use of Concierge Lounge? We sail late Jan so any info will be appreciated.

I hope that Rick will report after his 1/6-1/12 cruise, but I'll report after my 1/20-1/26 cruise. :)

I would like to know what the current shows on the Jewel are. Any ones that are not to be missed? Do they change that much from month to month (we are going Feb 16)
I'll let you know my opinion of the quality in two weeks, but in general, the shows change every three or four years. :cool: :D