For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Ckrobyn,

Welcome back! I am looking forward to hearing more about your latest cruise on AOS. My fiancee and I are going on the April 3rd sailing for our Honeymoon. This will be her first cruise and I am really hoping everything works out and she gets hooked on cruising so we can plan another. If you have any must see/must get stuff for Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, and St. Croix.

I was also curious what the best way to ask the Maitre D about getting a medium size table next to the window for the MDR. As for spa services what is the usual tipping etiquette?

Thanks!

Any recent AOS cruisers! I had read a recent post, not sure what ship... but they stated they were called to the naughty room to prove their listerine bottle, in the checked luggage, was listerine???? Just wondering if anyone has gone thru this. I will carry my listerine on board if this is true!

leaving friday am for 2 days pre in san Juan, cannot wait to be on the aos for the third time, my absoulute favorite ship. I would love to be at the captains table, never happened in all of my crusing!! Just very happy to be away from this Maine winter!! Love the Aos. have been with my sister two times she has sadly passed away now, and now introducing my husband to this wonderful ship. just the right size. I have a brother that I hope I can introduce to the AOS , also neices and nephews. we all need a good break after some rough time. love to party and be catered to. Love her.

Hi guys, I'm here :rolleyes:

Just a really crazy week back in the office and I haven't had much time to spend on here :eek:

I haven't even downloaded my pics yet!!!! I promise I will get to it.....soon. In the meantime I am happy to answer any and all questions....:)

Sail away on the bridge is something I would love to do. Were you the only party? Any mention if this happens often? Any idea how you were selected? Sorry for the questions. Thanks for the answers:D.

Hey Puffinater :)

The Captain invited the couple's that dined with him at his table to go to the bridge for sailaway. Honestly, this has to be the highlite of any cruise I have been on!!!! I have done bridge tours before, but never seen the Captain give orders from the bridge and been able to watch the flurry of activity as the ship and crew prepare for departure!

There was no mention of how often people get invited to the bridge for sailaway, but my guess is that it really depends on the Captain. This particular Captain was very visible, very approachable, very friendly and very funny!!!:p I will post pics as soon as I can.....I took lots that day!

Ckrobyn,

Welcome back! I am looking forward to hearing more about your latest cruise on AOS. My fiancee and I are going on the April 3rd sailing for our Honeymoon. This will be her first cruise and I am really hoping everything works out and she gets hooked on cruising so we can plan another. If you have any must see/must get stuff for Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, and St. Croix.

I was also curious what the best way to ask the Maitre D about getting a medium size table next to the window for the MDR. As for spa services what is the usual tipping etiquette?

Thanks!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding :)

I recommend the Boatyard in Barbados - we had a wonderful day there.

Go to the dining room on deck 4 when you arrive and see where your table is. If you are not happy with it, see the Maitre D and he can probably get you a table that you will be happy with.

I don't typically use the spa, so I'm not sure what the tipping protocol is there? Probably the same as it would be at home??

Glad to hear your cruise was great. I look forward to those pictures.

How nice to hear dinner with the Captain.

On the Bridge is really great! That must be awesome. I would be happier with that one. :D

Can you tell me if they are doing the Luggage Express from the ships to the airport anymore?

Thanks ;)

Hey Puffinater :)

The Captain invited the couple's that dined with him at his table to go to the bridge for sailaway. Honestly, this has to be the highlite of any cruise I have been on!!!! I have done bridge tours before, but never seen the Captain give orders from the bridge and been able to watch the flurry of activity as the ship and crew prepare for departure!

There was no mention of how often people get invited to the bridge for sailaway, but my guess is that it really depends on the Captain. This particular Captain was very visible, very approachable, very friendly and very funny!!!:p I will post pics as soon as I can.....I took lots that day!

You have been on the ship so much that he probably mistook you for the owner.

Robyn -- The sailaway on the bridge had to be spectacular!!!! Glad to hear the Captain was so approachable!

We depart SJ on 3/20 .... I too am curious about the Luggage Valet program! I've used it before & loved it certainly hoping it is still available.

Anxious to see the pictures ..... How did the hump balconies look? (I'm in 8316 - my first balcony)

Hi Robyn I'm glad you had a great cruise.

Can you tell me on what side the ship docked in Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Maarten & St Croix?

Who was the CD and did you like them?

Did they change up the entertainment for each week? The ice show, production shows, headliner.

Glad to hear your cruise was great. I look forward to those pictures.

How nice to hear dinner with the Captain.

On the Bridge is really great! That must be awesome. I would be happier with that one. :D

Can you tell me if they are doing the Luggage Express from the ships to the airport anymore?

Thanks ;)

I can answer that. Luggage express was not offered. We were on the same sailing as Robyn on 02/13/11.

Welcome back Robyn. Looking so forward to seeing all your pics as this is our first RCCL cruise on the Adventure. Would it be possible for you to post the Compasses for the Barbados, St Lucia, St, Croix...week??? We depart in a couple weeks and can't wait!!!

I can answer that. Luggage express was not offered. We were on the same sailing as Robyn on 02/13/11.

Thank you for answering my question. I meant to say Luggage Valet, not Luggage Express.

I am really hoping they bring it back before my cruises on the Serenade at the end of the year.

It makes everything a lot easier for us older folk like my husband and I. :)

Thank you for answering my question. I meant to say Luggage Valet, not Luggage Express.

I am really hoping they bring it back before my cruises on the Serenade at the end of the year.

It makes everything a lot easier for us older folk like my husband and I. :)

It makes it a lot easier no matter what your age.;):p

COULDN'T GET INTO OSJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After agonizing for months what to do on disembarkation day, we finally decided we'd go to Barrachina's and store the luggage. Guess what...moments after getting into the cab yesterday morning at the dock the driver received a call saying the roads in and out of OSJ were all closed for some sort of "people walking in the streets" thing. Never found out what it was exactly, so instead of leisurely walking around OSJ we were treated to six hours in the lovely airport. This was a huge disappointment, and after getting rained out the day before at Magen's Bay (more on that in my upcoming trip report), it just was a frustrating last two days of our cruise. Oh well...back to work today :mad:.

Oh...no Beatles show on our trip, either...:mad:

Other than that, we had a great cruise (Mrs. Schmoopie's first)...

After agonizing for months what to do on disembarkation day, we finally decided we'd go to Barrachina's and store the luggage. Guess what...moments after getting into the cab yesterday morning at the dock the driver received a call saying the roads in and out of OSJ were all closed for some sort of "people walking in the streets" thing. Never found out what it was exactly, so instead of leisurely walking around OSJ we were treated to six hours in the lovely airport. This was a huge disappointment, and after getting rained out the day before at Magen's Bay (more on that in my upcoming trip report), it just was a frustrating last two days of our cruise. Oh well...back to work today :mad:.

Oh no! So sorry to hear that.

Bummer.

Just back from Adventure cruise. Had a great time. Some rain, but what can you do? For all the Platinum, Diamonds etc make sure you look for the priority luggage desk on embarkation, certainly saved a lot of time. The regular luggage line was LONG. It was about half way down from the door.

Archived