For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I was on the Adventures First Transatlantic cruise last May and it was by far the best cruise I have taken, out of 8. Aslo I met many people with the same view, including two ladys one with 40 cruises the other with 20; both thought the cruise was the best they had had, period. The Porto Ricans are fun epole to cruise with, truly a special ship for a special people.

And why should she answer your questions before we get to the real important stuff? I want to know if she went to Harrison's Cave or not. She has been very secretive since returning.

So Joey, want to come up front and visit the cockpit?

Because I'm leaving in 23 days and you're not! :p;):D

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

The tower, the tower! Rapunzel, Rapunzel!

Hi Robyn!

Welcome back! Have a couple of embarkation day questions for you.

1. What time did you arrive at the pier?

2. Since I'm assuming you got there early, was it hot and did they offer you water?

3. Are there bathroom facilities available outside if you need them before they let you inside or will they let you inside if necessary?

4. What time did they finally let you inside?

5. How long of a wait was it then until you were actually able to board the ship?

6. Are the cabins available at 1:00 or 1:30?

7. What did you do for sailaway? Topside? Inside? Your balcony?

I think that should do it for the moment! Thanks for the pix.

Theresa

1. We arrived at 10:20 a.m

2. Not hot as it was still early in the morning. There was water available by the glass.

3. No bathrooms outside, and no you cannot enter the terminal building until it is ready for check in.

4. We were inside at 11:45 a.m - we were one of the first in as we were in the D+ line.

5. We were onboard 15 mins later.

6. Cabins are available at 1:30pm and not a minute sooner - seriously.

7. Sailaway isn't a big thing out of San Juan as it is at night and the pool band isn't playing - some folks are out on deck, others on their balcony. I think we were on deck the first week, and on our balcony the 2nd week.

Hope this helps???? :)

1. We arrived at 10:20 a.m

2. Not hot as it was still early in the morning. There was water available by the glass.

3. No bathrooms outside, and no you cannot enter the terminal building until it is ready for check in.

4. We were inside at 11:45 a.m - we were one of the first in as we were in the D+ line.

5. We were onboard 15 mins later.

6. Cabins are available at 1:30pm and not a minute sooner - seriously.

7. Sailaway isn't a big thing out of San Juan as it is at night and the pool band isn't playing - some folks are out on deck, others on their balcony. I think we were on deck the first week, and on our balcony the 2nd week.

Hope this helps???? :)

YES!!!

Thank you!!!

Sucky about the 1:30 part and the sailaway though.

YES!!!

Thank you!!!

Sucky about the 1:30 part and the sailaway though.

Yah, compared to Florida ports, sailaway from San Juan is a bit of a non-event. I think it disappointed me the first year we sailed out of SJ, but as you can see, it hasn't detracted us one bit!

Hey Puffinater :)

The Captain invited the couple's that dined with him at his table to go to the bridge for sailaway. Honestly, this has to be the highlite of any cruise I have been on!!!! I have done bridge tours before, but never seen the Captain give orders from the bridge and been able to watch the flurry of activity as the ship and crew prepare for departure!

There was no mention of how often people get invited to the bridge for sailaway, but my guess is that it really depends on the Captain. This particular Captain was very visible, very approachable, very friendly and very funny!!!:p I will post pics as soon as I can.....I took lots that day!

Sorry for the delay in thanking you. Just returned for our trip. Bridge tour yes...on the bridge for sailaway no:(. Oh well maybe next time.

Hi everyone,

I just posted these in the AOS Compasses thread, but I thought there may be a few people on here who weren't following that one! Canuck38 scanned the compasses from the Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Croix route and said it would be alright if we posted them on here.

Hope they work!

Shore excursions:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6WuX7s0JDVBMGRkNDI5MTYtMjBkNC00NWJmLWJjMzEtNWUxMzRhZDJlMTZj&hl=en

day 1 - Embarkation

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6WuX7s0JDVBNzEzNzQ3M2ItZWMxNC00ZmFkLTg1YmQtM2VhZTlkMzc4YWFl&hl=en

day 2 - At sea

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6WuX7s0JDVBNGMyN2U3ZDMtYWYxNC00MDQ4LWI2OWItZGJjOWQ5MWZiNjBl&hl=en

day 3 - Barbados

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6WuX7s0JDVBMWM5ZjYxZGEtNGMzOC00YzQ2LWJjY2MtMGQ5MmMzZTNiMjgx&hl=en

day 4 - St Lucia

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6WuX7s0JDVBMjM5YzhlNWUtNmUyZS00ZWY2LThmYjQtN2FmOTVjNWEzZTAz&hl=en

day 5 - Antigua

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6WuX7s0JDVBNzkxMDJkMmYtNDQzOC00NGE2LWJmZWMtZjA4NjczNjQ1MTE2&hl=en

day 6 - St Maarten

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6WuX7s0JDVBZjZhNjg1ZTgtMTYzZC00M2Y3LWEwYTUtNzUwMDcwN2I1YzIx&hl=en

day 7 - St Croix

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6WuX7s0JDVBY2JhNGMyY2UtMzM3ZS00NDUyLTgxNGQtODY3M2RkNjJmYmNl&hl=en

Yah, compared to Florida ports, sailaway from San Juan is a bit of a non-event. I think it disappointed me the first year we sailed out of SJ, but as you can see, it hasn't detracted us one bit!

I forgot to ask, did you book your NEXT AOS cruise while onboard? :D

We are just home after 7 days on the AOS .... We had a terrific cruise!!!!

Planned activities on the first 3 islands - Barbados: Calabaza catamaran; St Lucia: Fabian Tours with Curtis; and Antigua: The Excellence ("See Antigua by Sea" an RCCL excursion). Then we just took our time on St Maarten & St Croix walking about shopping and eating.

We had late dinner in the Vivaldi Dining Room with our waiter, Macallister & his assistant Luis --- Two wonderfully attentive and personable gentlemen! They came each time we went to breakfast in Vivaldi to greet us!

We met a great server at the Duck & Dog by the name of Claudia .... IF you go there be sure to say hello for us! She was very attentive & would speak whenever we passed on the Promenade!

The ship looked great!!! Our balcony room had a regular television for all those concerned about the flat panels. AND we pre-booked a future cruise once again!!! So I'll be checking the RCCL calendar soon ....

Don't remember if this has been asked on this thread or not, but did any of you who sailed recently have any problems getting your cabin mini fridge cleared out? I know that on some other ships pax are being told they can't empty them now.

Thanks!

Theresa

I wish they did too!

The airfare from Toronto to San Juan kills me every year!!! :D Oh well...the AOS is worth it!

they have south caribbean cruises out of bayonne,new jersey,(newark) we are booked on the explorer again 11nighter south caribbean

Archived