For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

A big hello to all my fellow AOS followers!!! :)

It has been a very busy few months since March when I was on the AOS and as a result I have not posted here in ages :(

As you can see by my signature, 2012 will be the first year since 2006 that I have no plans to sail on my favorite ship :rolleyes: I am not abandoning her, just taking a year off! I convinced my DH to try another ship and Cape Liberty is only an hour and a bit flight from Toronto. We are booked on a 10 night cruise and are travelling with our best friends so it will be fun :p

I will still check this thread and answer questions, although there are so many of you who can answer them!!!!

Happy Cruising!!!!:D

Robyn .... not professing at all to equal you in the love of our ship .... but we will be sailing in March 2012 .... the 18th to be specific on the Aruba route. Our third time on the AOS but first time to Aruba .... Any tips you can offer are appreciated & you can send specifics to our email at jfarrelljr@nycap.rr.com .....

I'm going in 26 days. Just booked today. There are massive discounts on AOS- bookings seem very low on most August europe sailings and so seem to be bargains which we don't usually get in the UK.

Too many ships in Europe I think. Grandeur and Voyager also have a lot of availability for August.

Robyn .... not professing at all to equal you in the love of our ship .... but we will be sailing in March 2012 .... the 18th to be specific on the Aruba route. Our third time on the AOS but first time to Aruba .... Any tips you can offer are appreciated & you can send specifics to our email at jfarrelljr@nycap.rr.com .....

Hi Mare :) You picked a great ship, but you knew that already....right? I am happy to answer any and all of your questions. Drop me a line to ckrobyn@hotmail.com

Has anyone cruised on AOS recently that can tell us who the new Concierge is please? DeDe was meant to be moving to her new position in early July.

Thanks.

We were on AOS in May, DeDe was our concierge and she was AMAZING! What is her new position? Is she still on the Adventure?

We were on AOS in May, DeDe was our concierge and she was AMAZING! What is her new position? Is she still on the Adventure?

We did the transatlantic in May. She told us she has been promoted to Front Desk Manager but at that time she did not know which ship she would be on.

Have not been on the Adventure, but a few other RCC ships. Looking at Southern Carr. in February. Have a quick question. Does AOS have a Sorrento's (the 24 hour pizza place). Our kids love this place and I see websites that mention it and others that do not. Please help....Is there a Sorrento's on Adventure of the Seas?:confused:

Have not been on the Adventure, but a few other RCC ships. Looking at Southern Carr. in February. Have a quick question. Does AOS have a Sorrento's (the 24 hour pizza place). Our kids love this place and I see websites that mention it and others that do not. Please help....Is there a Sorrento's on Adventure of the Seas?:confused:

Unfortunately not :( I love Sorrento's on the Freedom, especially the antipasta bar! :D

The AOS like other Voyager class ships has the Cafe Promenade where you can get slices of pizza, sandwhiches and desserts. I believe it is open 24 hrs.

Sorrento's was "invented" after the Voyager class ships were built. Adventure does not have one. However, almost anything that you find in Sorrento's can be found in the Cafe Promenade which is always open except for 1-2 hours in the very early morning when it is closed for cleaning.

When the added Sorrento's to the Freedom class ships they moved the pizza and a few other things from the Cafe Promenade into Sorrento's. What this did was create two food venues on the Royal Promenade at either end. This set up definitely does help with some of the crowding issues that can sometimes occur in the Cafe Promenade and provides for more tables and seating on the Promenade.

But don't be concerned about the pizza. It will be there waiting for you on Adventure.

I'm going in 26 days. Just booked today. There are massive discounts on AOS- bookings seem very low on most August europe sailings and so seem to be bargains which we don't usually get in the UK.

Too many ships in Europe I think. Grandeur and Voyager also have a lot of availability for August.

Wow. Wish I could take up that offer. Have a wonderful time!!!

Hello fellow adventure peeps!

My family are adventure lovers, my parents have sailed on her numerous times from San Juan and my Brother in Law became Mr Adventure of the Seas in the competition last summer in Europe.

My hubbie and I are thinking of booking for the 6 night sailing from Valencia on 02/10/11 is anyone else sailing on this and does anyone know if this has been a change in timetable or was this trip always scheduled in. I can't seem to find a Roll Call for this sailing.

Kindest regards

KB

Hello fellow adventure peeps!

My family are adventure lovers, my parents have sailed on her numerous times from San Juan and my Brother in Law became Mr Adventure of the Seas in the competition last summer in Europe.

My hubbie and I are thinking of booking for the 6 night sailing from Valencia on 02/10/11 is anyone else sailing on this and does anyone know if this has been a change in timetable or was this trip always scheduled in. I can't seem to find a Roll Call for this sailing.

Kindest regards

KB

Hi KB

We are booked on that 1 from Malaga. This has a 2 port start, but this the last time for this Itinerary as it starts going to the Canaries untill the TA. I've tried to start a roll call for a while, but no takers. I thought we had the ship to ourselves.

Alex

I'm from Fife Scotland. About 25 mins from Edinburgh. We booked flights tonight. Going to stay in Torremolinos from Wednesday and 2 nights in Malaga when we get back. I've read on here there is a lot of Spanish, that doesn't put me up or down, we have been to Spain a lot over the years.

Alex

Sailed AOS the end of January for our 25th wedding anniversary seven years ago (time flies). We did the Southern Carribean route going to Aruba. Both of us had a great time, loved the ship, loved the food at the time, and the ports. What a treat to be in such warm weather when it is so cold at home. Would love to sail again, but we also enjoy sailing on different lines and differnt ships.

jcg

Hi everybody,

We are booked on the A O S 20/10/12, out of Malaga to the Canaries.

Interested in all you people that are out of Malaga this year, I have been told that Late dining is to be 9.30pm is this right?

We have never sailed on AOS but have done lots of other RCL ships.

By the way Alex, you are (or were) a near neighbour, born and brought up in Buckhaven, lived in Glenrothes for ten years:)

I also have tried to start a roll call (but we are a bit away yet) with no luck, I did read that there are not a lot of Spanish CC readers, how unfortunate, I love to chat to fellow cruisers before we go makes for a wonderful cruise when we actually get on board.

happy cruising everybody,

Nancy

Hi everybody,

We are booked on the A O S 20/10/12, out of Malaga to the Canaries.

Interested in all you people that are out of Malaga this year, I have been told that Late dining is to be 9.30pm is this right?

We have never sailed on AOS but have done lots of other RCL ships.

By the way Alex, you are (or were) a near neighbour, born and brought up in Buckhaven, lived in Glenrothes for ten years:)

I also have tried to start a roll call (but we are a bit away yet) with no luck, I did read that there are not a lot of Spanish CC readers, how unfortunate, I love to chat to fellow cruisers before we go makes for a wonderful cruise when we actually get on board.

happy cruising everybody,

Nancy

Try this thread you may get more information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1194339&highlight=aos+ole

Hi Alex

We are going to book the cruise from Valencia on 2nd October 2011 tomorrow - super excited! Will join/set up a roll call!

Has anyone sailed in the the med around spain and italy at the start of october? Can you advise on weather?

Thanks

KB

Hi Alex

We are going to book the cruise from Valencia on 2nd October 2011 tomorrow - super excited! Will join/set up a roll call!

Has anyone sailed in the the med around spain and italy at the start of october? Can you advise on weather?

Thanks

KB

Thats great. Look forward to meeting up. It should be high 70's.

Alex

That is still beautiful weather - didn't realise it would be warm enough to sunbathe! Makes the cruise even more appealing to me - not my poor husband who needs to be doing something constantly on holiday!

Fantastic

Thanks

Archived