For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Woo hoo! Talked with the Momster and she wants to do the same cruise I just did in April! We're looking at mid-April 2014 and booking our first Junior Suite. So excited to be back on Adventure and heading back to the Southern Caribbean (assuming she's there in 2014 since I see she's there in 2013). Hoping to get an aft Junior Saweeet! ;):D

But first we have to do Jewel, plan for Grand Canyon 2012 and prep for Israel & Greece in 2013. Hmmm...and thinking of maybe a Christmas Rhine River cruise in 2014 too...

Theresa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi;

We are looking at the Adventure for Dec 2012.

Does anyone has a picture of how a F category cabin will look like?

They are in the front of the ship and the numbers are 6202, 6502, 8214, 8514, 9218 and 9518.

If you have stayed in one of those cabins, will you be so kind to let me know if you did feel a lot of motion when the ship is moving?

Thanks

Hi;

We are looking at the Adventure for Dec 2012.

Does anyone has a picture of how a F category cabin will look like?

They are in the front of the ship and the numbers are 6202, 6502, 8214, 8514, 9218 and 9518.

If you have stayed in one of those cabins, will you be so kind to let me know if you did feel a lot of motion when the ship is moving?

Thanks

I've never stayed in one of those cabins but I don't recall feeling much motion anywhere on Adventure...... ever. And I have spend my share of time on the ship.:):):)

• 2 weeks later...
Only 95 days until my first cruise on the AOS!!!! I couldn't be more excited!!! :D:D:D Anything I should make sure to do on the ship?

I always enjoy going to the Pool Bar & Sky bar areas .... that is a great place to be at SailAway too!! The Promenade is a nice place to shop, have a cocktail & watch/meet people - we tend to go to the Duck & Dog Pub area and sit at the outside tables so we can see people.

Once we board the AOS we immediately go to lunch, then our room to drop the carry-on luggage and then to the dining room to find our table - we are late seating for dinner. Are you dining at a conventional time or doing my time?

Honestly no matter what you do on the AOS ... enjoy! She's a beautiful ship & we'll be sailing her again in March!!!

Only 95 days until my first cruise on the AOS!!!! I couldn't be more excited!!! :D:D:D Anything I should make sure to do on the ship?

Here is my advice. Take some time to actually explore and see the entire ship. Don't be one of these people who says they spent a week on the ship and never saw the whole thing. Anyone who has not seen the ship in a week has simply not put any effort into it. Adventure is beautiful.

And one more thing.... if you climb the rock wall, when you get to the top take a few seconds to actually look around. The view from up there is unbeatable.:)

We are on a 4 night AOS cruise on 29th Oct out of malaga then we travel ta on her from sj on 15th April next year. Are any of the staff likely to be the same (particularly AO and concierge)?

Also does anyone have the email for the concierge please?

We are on a 4 night AOS cruise on 29th Oct out of malaga then we travel ta on her from sj on 15th April next year. Are any of the staff likely to be the same (particularly AO and concierge)?

Also does anyone have the email for the concierge please?

Hi

The email is ad_concierge@rccl.com (note the underscore between ad and concierge). They normally email you a week or two before departure. It was DeDe but she is now Guest Services Manager. Can't remember the name of her replacement, sorry. I think someone mentioned it further back in this thread.

Hiya, I have only just found this thread and trying to read back but there is soooo much!

We just have a balcony in October but hope if we are on board early the concierge will let us have a sneaky peak at the gs we have booked for the ta next yr. I was going to email in advance so when I find out who it is I'll post here and the ta thread.

Thanks.

Hi

The email is ad_concierge@rccl.com (note the underscore between ad and concierge). They normally email you a week or two before departure. It was DeDe but she is now Guest Services Manager. Can't remember the name of her replacement, sorry. I think someone mentioned it further back in this thread.

I believe Reshma, who we had the pleasure of sailing with in January, has taken over the Concierge duties. She was wonderful to work with and to know. Our sailing was her first as Concierge I believe, but subsequent reports I have seen indicate she is doing a great job.

bobj

I believe Reshma, who we had the pleasure of sailing with in January, has taken over the Concierge duties. She was wonderful to work with and to know. Our sailing was her first as Concierge I believe, but subsequent reports I have seen indicate she is doing a great job.

bobj

Thanks for the info bobj. Now I remember it is Reshma. We sailed AOS in May this year and DeDe was still concierge until early July. Maybe Reshma was covering for DeDe in January while she was on holiday?

We are on both transatlantics next year on AOS so look forward to meeting Reshma.

Great to hear the positives instead of negatives. Have sailed 5 times in different ships and always had a good time and great food. Will be sailing on the AOS on January 8, 2011 hope to have a great time, also first time on a PROMENADE CABIN hope is not to noisy. Happy sailings!

Hi

Hi sorry, I need to correct my own post! :D DeDe is now front desk manager, not guest services manager - I believe there is a difference?

We have just returned from our first cruise with HAL and loved cruising so much I have booked a year in advance!! Just read through our reservation and we asked for late dinner which says 9.30pm. (I presumed it would be at 8pm?) Anyone else eaten at this time?

Also it is a fly cruise from Manchester to Malaga. Does anyone know which airline company we will be flying with?

The AOS looks great and hopefully our 16 year son will have a great time if there are teen clubs.

• 2 months later...

Specialty reservations are now open for our 2-12-12 AOS cruise. Looking to find out which of these nights would be formal nights. Wednesday, St Lucia, seems to be some wine dinner in Portofino that we would not be interested in. What other night would be a good choice? We would like to book Portofino but not on a formal night or the special wine tasting night. If anyone has the menus for this itinerary I would really like to see them.:) Thanks.

• 1 month later...
This caught my eye because I have been wondering if we made a mistake by booking AOS. Not much to do in Aruba or Curaco. I have asked for suggestions that go unanswered.

Aruba has several nice beaches not much else.

Curaco is a beautiful island. Town and waterway where you dock is really neat. Also you can't rent jeeps just outside the pier and tour the island on your own. Lots of nice beaches.

We have just returned from our first cruise with HAL and loved cruising so much I have booked a year in advance!! Just read through our reservation and we asked for late dinner which says 9.30pm. (I presumed it would be at 8pm?) Anyone else eaten at this time?

Also it is a fly cruise from Manchester to Malaga. Does anyone know which airline company we will be flying with?

The AOS looks great and hopefully our 16 year son will have a great time if there are teen clubs.

Dinner is at 9:30 when the ship in in Europe. They change back to 8:30 (not 8) during the crossing back to San Juan.

If you booked air with RCI, they will book you on whoever gives them the best deal. And you may fly west before you fly east.

We were on Adventure for her recent transatlantic and it was up there with the best of our RCI cruises, not that I've had a bad one, but some are extra nice. This one had an outstanding crew. I couldn't find a weakness in any area at all. It was obvious to me that these people want to be number one on the number one ship. Yes, we were totally impressed.

Gina

bobj

We were just with Reshma for 13 days doing the transatlantic. You are correct. She is a wonderful concierge and a very charming lady. It was a full house every night even with the deck 14 concierge lounge open. She was never flustered and met the challenge brilliantly.

Gina

This caught my eye because I have been wondering if we made a mistake by booking AOS. Not much to do in Aruba or Curacao. I have asked for suggestions that go unanswered.

I very much disagree. We are not beach people as we live on the beach at home. Aruba is an amazing island to visit as it is so different from many of the tropical lush green islands. Aruba is a desert. The far side of this island from the port has very interesting topography. I love visiting there. And a trip to the California lighthouse is cool to do. If you are interested, both Aruba and Curacao have ostrich farms. I found them very interesting. If you like caves, there is Hato Cave on Curacao and the port area is very beautiful and fun to explore.

What else would you like to know?

Archived