do the cabins have air con?

gingerwolf

Yes, all cabins have temperature control. Some cruisers have reported that they had a hard time getting their cabin cool enough. We have never found that but always close the curtains when the sun is shining on our side of the ship --- it really seems to help.

We have found how cool or how warm we can get our room depends on the temperature for the rest of the ship rather than were you set the thermostat.

If the ship is very warm especially in the hot ports where so many doors are open it seems the room will be much warmer until the ship is once again underway and cools down. Same with the heat only opposite.

Keeping the sun from shinning in definitely helps.

I believe they have heat pumps for the heating and cooling which work differently than central A/C and heat.

thanks for you mind numbingly stupid atempt to look clever. I am from england and air con is very rare, and this is my first cruise, perfectly normal question mate.

P.S no one likes a smart arse;)

:D :D :D :D :D

We've never had an issue with the air conditioning on any ship we've sailed on ... so I think you'll be just fine. Especially if you're not used to being in air conditioning all the time. Many folks (including my DW) take a sweater with them because they sometimes find the public rooms (like the dining room, theaters, etc.) too cold.

thanks for you mind numbingly stupid atempt to look clever. I am from england and air con is very rare, and this is my first cruise, perfectly normal question mate.

LOL - Great response gingerwolf :D:D:D

Took the words right out of my mouth. Another recent convert to cruising, who thinks they invented it. FYI to the 'smart arse': It hasn't been THAT long since ships did NOT have climate control, and even when I started cruising in the 80's they didn't all have individual thermostats in every stateroom.

So, it was a legitimate question.

There are also many parts of the U.S. where A/C is rare, even in hotels, motels and inns, so it's a legitimate question.

Since the topic of AC in England has been mentioned, I do have to mention an issue with England. When we have stayed with our British friends (in Hampshire) its been in the summer when it was pretty warm. Since there is no AC, you simply open the windows. But, for some strange reason the Brits do not generally have window screens (our friends never even heard of screens). We were told that open windows are no problem since there are no insects in England. Now, that is truly a tall tale as our bites can attest. Very strange,,,those Brits! :)

Hank

Since the topic of AC in England has been mentioned, I do have to mention an issue with England. When we have stayed with our British friends (in Hampshire) its been in the summer when it was pretty warm. Since there is no AC, you simply open the windows. But, for some strange reason the Brits do not generally have window screens (our friends never even heard of screens). We were told that open windows are no problem since there are no insects in England. Now, that is truly a tall tale as our bites can attest. Very strange,,,those Brits!
Tell me about it! It also "never" gets warm but as we can attest when we arrived in London in July 2006, it was still over 100-degrees at 10PM at night. Our hotel had no A/C rooms available that first night since we'd arrived so late so we slept in kind of a garrett with the room door open for a cross-breeze. The next day, they moved us to an a/c'd mini-suite by way of apology (which we naturally accepted with grace.)

Since the topic of AC in England has been mentioned, I do have to mention an issue with England. When we have stayed with our British friends (in Hampshire) its been in the summer when it was pretty warm. Since there is no AC, you simply open the windows. But, for some strange reason the Brits do not generally have window screens (our friends never even heard of screens). We were told that open windows are no problem since there are no insects in England. Now, that is truly a tall tale as our bites can attest. Very strange,,,those Brits! :)

Hank

hahahaha, we dont have screens over our windows to keep bugs out, the most intersting bug we get is the commom house hold fly, and they dont bite.

maybe your friend had a pet and you got fleas in the bed, ouch, now that would hurt in the morning.

Tell me about it! It also "never" gets warm but as we can attest when we arrived in London in July 2006, it was still over 100-degrees at 10PM at night. Our hotel had no A/C rooms available that first night since we'd arrived so late so we slept in kind of a garrett with the room door open for a cross-breeze. The next day, they moved us to an a/c'd mini-suite by way of apology (which we naturally accepted with grace.)

90% of hotels in england now have AC and thats to keep the tourists happy, but i dont know anyone or ever seen a house with aircon and i am an estate agent (real estate).

as global warming picks up pace i am sure e will soon start buying it.

Found out about this after 20 Princess cruises... if your air conditioning is too cold or too warm, call the Purser's Desk and ask for an air conditioning tech to come to your cabin. They can do wonders with the cabin controls - i.e., make the blower higher or lower, make the air conditioning center point higher or lower, thereby making it warmer or colder in your cabin. Just make sure you're in the room when they come... on occasion my explanation to the Purser's Desk didn't come across to the tech guy correctly.

Sandy

Our Princess A/C has always worked perfectly.

Then there's the story about staying at the expensive Princess extend your stay downtown Anchorage hotel that had NO A/C and windows that would barely open a crack in hottest, humidist, most miserable summer one can imagine. Worse than downtown Houston on a hot July day. Oh yes, daylight all night long. Never again should anyone stay in Anchorage in the summer in a non airconditioned hotel. One should stay only in the cheaper, fully airconditioned hotels near the Anchorage airport.

Archived