All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Ah, didn't realize they were chronological. Thanks! Follow up: what nights are formal, 2 and 5?

I'm not sure about that. I have a calendar from a previous cruiser that lists the formal nights as Day 2 and Day 6. (Saffron and Basil Menus)

Someone else may have to chime in on that one. Bob?

I'm not sure about that. I have a calendar from a previous cruiser that lists the formal nights as Day 2 and Day 6. (Saffron and Basil Menus)

Someone else may have to chime in on that one. Bob?

Formal nights are night 2 and either 5 or 6 depending on the itinerary. Most times RCI will put the second formal night on a sea day.

Parking at the port is now payable in advance - $120 for one week/7 days. Met someone doing a B2B2B and they received $30 credit to the three week parking (paid $330).

Not sure if Freedom ever did inside muster drill (although remember going to the Theater, just not which ship). Now you stand outside under the life boat in the heat and humidity. I'll remember not to be 15 minutes early next year!

Ice show does require reservations. The 7PM production shows were nearly empty although seating filled up a bit after lights went out.

Be sure to check out the Daily Compass - remember to use a highlighter or you may miss out on some of the events you want to do. Lots going on even on shore days; sometimes too much at one time of the day!

Great breakfast muffins, mini-sandwiches and snacks at the Deli. Good coffee and great service. On the other hand, I found the pizza to be horrible - a small pizza was cut into a 2" slice. Bit of a joke as one slice was lost on the small plate. Plus cold and generally unappetizing - used to be okay; not sure why they changed their recipe.

RCI is serious about stopping smoking on balconies - you are asked to call Guest Services if you see smoking on the balcony.

Never had a request to put toilet paper in the toilet before. Had several totally non-English guests onboard who apparently look at the signage and put nothing other than body waste into the toilet. Watched the TV for the first timers and yes, there were some interesting 'hints' - poor room stewards!

Formal nights - noticed more dressy daywear (first formal night someone mentioned seeing someone wearing shorts turned away). Second formal night, shorts were in evidence.

Dinner menu - there used to be a 14 day rotation, instead the menu was repeated Eastern and Western from what a B2B couple told us. Chef was going with the 'popular' menu selection. Found food in MDR to be tasty, mid-temperature (not hot and yes, know of one person who sent the food back asking for a hot dinner and received it thereafter).

Had a good time; great staff and ship was in good condition.

Judy

Formal nights are night 2 and either 5 or 6 depending on the itinerary. Most times RCI will put the second formal night on a sea day.

It's been almost 7 years since I've been on Freedom, but I'm about to remedy that. On the Western Itinerary the 2nd formal night was Cozumel, having it on the Sea day would have meant people in formal close rushing back from dinner to get their suitcases out on the final night.

All I can say is if you have tickets to the "ice show," and you want to be close, get in line early. Although you have your tickets, it is on a first come basis. You can see from anywhere, but being on the "front row" like we were, was even better.:)

Not sure if Freedom ever did inside muster drill (although remember going to the Theater, just not which ship). Now you stand outside under the life boat in the heat and humidity. I'll remember not to be 15 minutes early next year!

I did my Freedom must outside in Miami and made that same mistake. That was while wearing the lifejackets and I was 75 pounds heavier. On the Voyager and Freedom Class' the trick I learned, is to walk down the stairwell to the muster deck and hang out in the air conditioned landing area until the people stop funneling off of the stairs. That way everyone else isn't waiting any longer than if you were there earlier. It also seems the early people get stuck in the back against the bulkhead the entire time.

On the opposite, on my last Jewel cruise our muster station was inside at the Safari club, all nice and comfortable. We were in our cabin and my wife just started putting in her contacts when the bell rang. It took her 4 minutes to do so and we walked down to find we were the last ones and they were calling our name. (embarassing) Of course if it was a real emergency we woudn't put in contacts first, But I've been use to waiting 15 minutes for stragglers, didn't think 10 minutes would get us keel-hauled ;)

It was mentioned about the "musterd drill" on the Freedom of the Seas. Yes, we were there the end of April of this year. I do remember going into the theatre in different sections of the theatre. They did have different staff members for each section, showing how to use the life jackets. This was the first time in all my crusing, that we didn't have to go outside in the hot sun and wear those life jackets. It was nice to do it this way.:)

It was mentioned about the "musterd drill" on the Freedom of the Seas. Yes, we were there the end of April of this year. I do remember going into the theatre in different sections of the theatre. They did have different staff members for each section, showing how to use the life jackets. This was the first time in all my crusing, that we didn't have to go outside in the hot sun and wear those life jackets. It was nice to do it this way.:)

Sadly for us, the Freedom had reverted to the outdoor muster drill when we sailed last week. No life jackets were required, but the heat/humidity was like a sauna!

Conspiracy theorists might say that the cruise line requires outdoor muster when beverage sales are down, knowing that the heat and stress drove many of us straight to the bar for a drink of the day afterward! ;)

That's the worst part of the cruise.. Standing around like sardines in the heat. We always end up behind people that can't follow the simple instruction "stand in a straight line"... Oh well, good thing it only last about 15 minutes right? :D

They do sell Fossil, but you get a better price on Amazon.

yeah figured that...our last cruise was on Carnival and they had a huge sale on the fugliest of watches, but hoards of people lined up to buy these hidious looking things like they were going out of style...

I just booked a 2 night cruise from port Canaveral to Nassau for 467.43 after tax (in deck 2 stateroom) but still.. That was for the 2 of us on f.o.s this will be my second time on the ship. I sailed on Enchantment of the seas in April and I must say in comparison to freedom, I was *only slightly * disappointed. I am very thrilled to be going on the freedom of the seas again!

Well I'm sorry to read that you had to go outside to do the mustered drill, but to tell you the truth, I was shocked that we went into the theatre instead of outside. What you said about the heat and drinks does make sense. :)

Never had a request to put toilet paper in the toilet before. Had several totally non-English guests onboard who apparently look at the signage and put nothing other than body waste into the toilet. Watched the TV for the first timers and yes, there were some interesting 'hints' - poor room stewards!

Judy

Many places in the world, including Europe, you are told NOT to put toilet paper in the toilet. So I can see how that might happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Overview

Enjoy the convenience of our all-inclusive Select Beverage Package* to keep you refreshed throughout your voyage. Pay just one flat price and enjoy various beers, wines by the glass, plus non-alcoholic beverages for the duration of your cruise. Keep cool on deck with the alcoholic drink of your choice, or choose from a variety of non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain soda and juices. It's the ultimate in convenience and value. Cheers!

Prices Starting From*$35.00 USDAdult

Thanks

Doug

Overview

Enjoy the convenience of our all-inclusive Select Beverage Package* to keep you refreshed throughout your voyage. Pay just one flat price and enjoy various beers, wines by the glass, plus non-alcoholic beverages for the duration of your cruise. Keep cool on deck with the alcoholic drink of your choice, or choose from a variety of non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain soda and juices. It's the ultimate in convenience and value. Cheers!

Prices Starting From*$35.00 USDAdult

Thanks

Doug

No. :( Premium coffees are only included with Royal Replenish and Ultimate packages.

• 4 weeks later...
I will add that it pays to book ahead. I made my reservation in July of 06 , and the same D1 is now $500 per person more than it was then. Heading into the final countdown after 500 day wait.

I just looked back and I was one of the original 10 posters in this thread. I will look forward to boarding Freedom again 7 years later. Freedom has changed quite a bit since then and will likely see more changes again before I board again. I look forward to discussing it with you this winter and spring.

Meanwhile does anyone have a good picture of the pool with the big screen?

Meanwhile does anyone have a good picture of the pool with the big screen?

We sailed on the Freedom of the Seas in August. Here is what I have of the pool with the big screen.

IMG_0119_zps3fc69e0d.jpg

IMG_3690_zpsfd0aa79f.jpg

The pools and big screen at night

IMG_2899_zps4636ee3d.jpg

Edited by dz63