What are your favorite things to eat on an RCI ship?

I leave on Voyager in less than two weeks (!!!) for my first cruise. I've read good and bad things about the food. I know that it's all subjective, but I'm interested in all of your thoughts. I was inspired by the yummy oatmeal thread.

Thanks in advance for all of your replies, and apologies to everyone that gets hungry just reading. :)

There was a thread about this recently, so I jotted down a bunch of suggestions. Here they are, in no particular order:

Vidalia onion tart

flourless choc. cake

chilled soups, Garlic soup & sw.pot.soup

escargot

Mango sticky rice-in the WJ

Mushroom puff pastry

Honey Stung chicken (in WJ-ALWAYS raved about-on embarkation day!)

Burgers and especially the french fries-- in the Solarium, I think

Key lime pie

coconut flan

Warm choc. cake w/pear

hazelnut souffle

coconut ranger cookies

gran marnier souffle

calamari (served in DR at lunch, I believe)

Creme brulee

Sea bass

sugarfree vanilla coconut cake

mozzarella eggplant tower

Lamb t-bone

Lamb shank

Savory bites ( pieces of bread especially good w/escargot)

cheesecake

pork shank

fish tapenade

duck

Choc. cappucino layer cake (WJ)

Ivory choc. fondue

eggs to order in the WJ

Tapas section in Wvegetarian chili

sourdough balls

Choc. chip cookies

Baked Alaska

Of course, taste is subjective, but as has been stated here on CC, if I don't have to shop for it, cook it or clean up after-It's All Good!!!:D :D

Doreen

I love the smoked salmon, bagels with cream cheese & capers. That's my morning breakfast on the balcony.

Anything lamb. I never cook it at home and I love it.

Escargot. I could eat it every night.

Eggs benedict - when they're good - they're great - when they're bad - ugh.

Love the golden sea bass over polenta and the filet of beef with green peppercorn sauce, but unfortuantely they are served on the same night, first formal. After that, the vidalia onion tart, lobster bisque and coconut ranger cookies. Onion rings are great in either Johnny Rocket's or the Sea view cafe, whichever ship class you are on. Often you can find creme brulee, somethines coffee or chocolate, in the WJ at dinner, even when it is not served in the dining room.

Dont miss the Filet Mignon in Portofino as well as their seafood skewer, not to mention the duck appetizer and the vidalia tart that othrs have mentioned (thats the first night appetizer in the DR), ummm and of course the tiramisu in Portofino, and all the chilled soups are my DDs fave....to get your dose of good old-time burgers, fries and the onion rings check out Johnny Rockets for lunch one day! But be prepared, its greasy and filling! lol

you know, I can go on and on! Taste is subjective, try to enjoy it all! lol

In the main dining room all of the chilled soups were good.

In Portofino the mushroom pasta & the dessert sampler were excellent.

This thread has been good & bad for me. I have a serious dessert & pastry addiction, altho lord knows there are lots of other foods I like also. anyway we signed up for a 2 week Panama Canal cruise a year ago & we'll be onboard in less then a month. I was looking forward to the cuisine onboard.

A month ago my doctor diagnosed me with extreme acid reflux & placed me on a restricted diet of no alcohol (bye bye foo foos), no coffee or caffeine, no chocolate, no citrus, no onions, no tomatoes or tomato sauce, no fatty or fried foods. Originally he said no red meat also, but modified it.

So this thread has been painul BUT, as I'm sitting here having my yogurt for lunch after my bananna,it is good to know that some people actually can enjoy sugar free cookies & oatmeal cookies. Maybe there is still reason to look forward to food on this cruise.

Can someone please tell me what the "savory bites" are?! I keep reading about them, but have no idea what is being talked about!

THANK YOU!

(PS, great thread... my stomach's growling just reading it!) ;)

Archived