Irons in cabin???

katolb90

Not a dumb question at all, especially when you consider curling irons, hot rollers, etc. that are allowed on board.

Me, I try to avoid irons at all possible, at home and especially on vacation, but have been known to use one onboard to press down the "wings" on my husband's tuxedo shirt collar.

Still one of the great cruise mysteries...you can't bring irons on board for the fire hazard yet you can still smoke on most if not all cruise ships...makes you wonder...

Now that's something that I never thought of.....there must be a reason out there somewhere?

I was just on the Crown Princess and there was a laundry room on my floor. It had ample ironing boards and irons. Many washers/dryers and very clean. It was actually way better than bringing your own travel iron. I was pleasantly surprised with the set up.

We were also just on the Crown. In the Caribe Deck Laundry Room there were 4 irons and ironing boards. On the Caribbean Princess there were 2 irons in the Aloha Deck Laundry Room. I never had a problem doing a quick press out of travel wrinkles. I love those laundry rooms!!! :D

Hi All,

This is my first post and I am going on my first cruise on Princess in July. I was planning on taking a small travel iron as I like to be able to just give my clothes the once over before I wear them. The iron itself gets no more hotter than my hairdryer truth be told but just a quick press before I go out makes me feel better.

Can you tell me how they would know if I had one? Also, are you allowed hair straighteners? I could not live without my straighteners for a fortnight!

Hi All,

This is my first post and I am going on my first cruise on Princess in July. I was planning on taking a small travel iron as I like to be able to just give my clothes the once over before I wear them. The iron itself gets no more hotter than my hairdryer truth be told but just a quick press before I go out makes me feel better.

Can you tell me how they would know if I had one? Also, are you allowed hair straighteners? I could not live without my straighteners for a fortnight!

Cabin stewards are instructed to remove travel irons if they see them.

Why would you want a travel iron anyway when it was just posted

here that there ARE full-sized irons on every floor and in every laundry room? You won't need to bring a travel iron, nor would you be allowed

to use it anyway. Hair dryers and curling irons are allowed, so I don't

know about your hair straightener but it probably would be allowed

unless it's like some of those mondo hair straigtener cast-iron jobs

that I've seen in the beauty salon which throw off too much heat, then

no, those probably wouldn't be allowed

Hi All,

Hair straighteners (flat irons) are certainly allowed, although I found it kind of a waste of time since the humidity at sea undid my work the minute I stepped out of the cabin.

Travel irons are still irons, so no, they're not allowed. It's not a good idea to go looking for ways to evade the rules when those rules have to do with the safety of the entire ship, in my humble opinion.

Hi All,

Swanlady,

I bring my hair straightner as well as my hair dryer, as the ones on the ship don't work for me.

Thanks for the quick replies,

Didn't realise that there are laundry rooms on every floor. I had visions of lugging my clothes up lifts and stairs. Will definately leave the travel iron at home now :) - You can tell I have never cruised before!

Not on every floor, but on most floors with cabins. See floor plans in Princess brochures or website to see the laundry room closest to your cabin.

Sometimes the one closest to your cabin is one floor away as the one on your floor may be way down the hallway.

Archived