Sorry - yet another soda card question!

Im trying to decide if its worth getting my kids the soda card - only problem is they dont actually drink that much soda, but they do drink gallons of chocolate milk - is chocolate milk available on the soda card program? I guess if it isnt then its really not worth my while getting them.

The soda card is only good for soda. The good news is that chocolate milk is included in your cruise fare so if that is what your kids drink, then don't buy a soda card, they won't need. If you don't see chocolate milk out in the windjammer, just ask and they will bring more out for your kids.:)

Waste of money. It's about $45 per person and each child would have to have their own. If you think your kids will drink at least $90 worth of soda for the week then go for it, if not save your money. There is free juice (apple, orange, cranberry), milk and water aboard. My last cruise my girlfriend and I just paid per soda and doubt we spent over $30 for a weeks worth.

You can get chocolate milk in just about all of the dining venues. As for soda, you can buy it by the can--without the "soda" card! It's $2.01 per can (about what a hotel charges). It's a better way, if you're not big soda drinkers!

Unless you drink more than 3 sodas a day, it isnt worth it.

The problem we found was that lemonaide, tea, etc was not available throughout the ship. I had to go to the Windjammer and pick up several glasses to store in the minifridge in our room. :mad:

Even the pizza place only offered sodas or water.

My wife and I are addicited and would never cruise without the soda card. Neither of us drink alcohol, so we use our card for drinks in all the bars, clubs and dining rooms.

I would be caught cruising without it. IMHO, the best money per day I spend. I bet we order at least 15 soda a day. Remember, they are served in glasses and not huge servings.

Dave

My daughter always gets a soda card, however, on our last cruise I think that maybe she used it twice a day. So it wasnt worth it.

I always bring some soda for the room and it works well.

We're not big soda drinkers. My children will have the option of spending the allowance we give them on the card if they choose on the next cruise, but at $28, that's a decent chunk of what their alottment is ($70 or $100 for a 7 day). We'll also give them the option of doing what Mom and Dad do and bring an insulated mug from home and fill it up with punch or lemonade at the Windjammer.

My husband and I won't bother, but both my kids will get the package. At only $4/day, they undoubtedly will consume MORE than 2 sodas per day so it will definitely be worth it.

Vacation is the only time we don't monitor or restrict their soda consumption, so I expect they'll enjoy it throughout the day. We'll definitely come out ahead with the cards for them.

My daughter always gets a soda card, however, on our last cruise I think that maybe she used it twice a day. So it wasnt worth it.

I always bring some soda for the room and it works well.

Hey Brenda - So glad our paths crossed again. I have lost your email address that you sent me, could you resend it. My email link is in my siognature.

Dave

Archived