Wow Sale Over Rated ?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Wow Sale Over Rated ?

• Yes
    • No

• ONLY BEING GOLD C&A= no balcony discount for either cabin
  • NOT USING MY NEXTCRUISE COUPON=still got my 200 per cabin OBC
  • ONLY PAYING 900 INSTEAD OF 1800 A YEAR AND A HALF OUT=priceless

Thank you RCI not all of us are the gotrocks.;)

Okay, so now I'm confused. I did book a cruise today and I'm wondering if it was a mistake...

Price:

The price of our E2 "hump" balcony for next May on Mariner out of LA is $300 more p/p than we paid for our Promenade cabin on Adventure this past February.

Bonuses:

--We got the reduced deposit - whatever. We'll still end up paying for the whole thing.

--We got pre-paid gratuities (TA deal)

--Plus the $100 OBC.

HOWEVER - that said, we did book a NextCruise while on Adventure and we both just reached Platinum status.

I asked the TA about the Platinum discount that we weren't taking advantage of and she said it would $100. So wouldn't that even things out??? We're getting $100 OBC instead of $100 savings?

And I figured we're still saving the NextCruise booking for a future cruise.

I don't have the BOA credit card, I don't have stock.

So... would I save more if I had not booked today??? In my mind, with fuel prices the way they are, I'm thinking prices are just going to continue to go up. I agree, I don't think today's p/p prices were any big savings. But I certainly don't want to know I screwed up!

You did good. I mentioned earlier that Plats most likely will have a wash (break even). The WOW sale is handled just like a normal reservation when it comes to change and regular price reductions. If the price drops you still get the drop. If a residency discount comes up, you still get it.

The only time a WOW sale does not make sense is if you are diamond or diamond plus and you have other OBC options such as stock and/or RCI Visa.

Eventhough most are trying to 'trash' the WOW sale it benefits most.

For it to be over rated it has to be rated and it seems most of us have very high expectations that every time RCI has a sale it should give us all free or near free cruises. (OK I am a little over the top here, but you know what I mean)

If you have cruised with RCI many times the wow factor tends to climb. This sale is meant for those that may have never sailed before of at least never sailed with RCI. Every company, no matter how loyal their customer base is, needs to continually bring in new blood and that is what this sale is for.

It is truly sad how some just trash everything RCI.

I doubt that any cruiser with RCI stock or RCI Visa or are diamond or diamond plus need additional enticing to book a cruise.

;)

Okay, so now I'm confused. I did book a cruise today and I'm wondering if it was a mistake...

Price:

The price of our E2 "hump" balcony for next May on Mariner out of LA is $300 more p/p than we paid for our Promenade cabin on Adventure this past February.

Bonuses:

--We got the reduced deposit - whatever. We'll still end up paying for the whole thing.

--We got pre-paid gratuities (TA deal)

--Plus the $100 OBC.

HOWEVER - that said, we did book a NextCruise while on Adventure and we both just reached Platinum status.

I asked the TA about the Platinum discount that we weren't taking advantage of and she said it would $100. So wouldn't that even things out??? We're getting $100 OBC instead of $100 savings?

And I figured we're still saving the NextCruise booking for a future cruise.

I don't have the BOA credit card, I don't have stock.

So... would I save more if I had not booked today??? In my mind, with fuel prices the way they are, I'm thinking prices are just going to continue to go up. I agree, I don't think today's p/p prices were any big savings. But I certainly don't want to know I screwed up!

Glad to see that you are joining us for the 5/24/09 sailing on the Mariner!! The prices did go up a few hundred dollars just prior to this sail--however, don't be surprised if they go back down again, just watch them. They've gone down twice since I booked.

Come join our roll call---we're starting to get a nice little group going! (Sorry I don't have a link in my signature--have to take a minute one of these days and figure out how to put that in!)

while there are a lot of resrtictions for the sale it works out for those that are more than 1st time cruisers...we have been on 4 RC cruises...so still gold members, dont have a RC visa (because we pay for our cruise with $ we already have to avoid the interest payments), and wont be on a cruise until September where we will be able to get the OBC

I booked a January 2010 cruise Mexican Riviera with the WOW promotion. What exactly are the 'restrictions'? I was not informed of any??

I did book during the WOW sale, for many reasons. I would have booked anyway--WOW sale or not, because it gives me a chance to try RCI and ROS out of San Diego.

However, my TA called me this morning and said ,"Yes, the deposit for a 4 day cruise is $50.00 pp, BUT, you have to pay the FULL deposit within 2 weeks."

It doesn't affect us, I would have booked anyway, but it does sound misleading.

Pat

We did not book anything from the WOW sale.

I didn't feel it was that big of an incentive since you can't combine it with any other discounts. If you could use your balcony or share holder discounts then it would of been a real deal.

RC has not had that big of an incentive in bookings since they took away the discounted rates a few years ago, discounts of senior or resident are hit or miss, never seems to be doable on our time frame or the cruise we want to take.....so why do we continue to sail with them? We like the ships, crew and the perks of being Diamond.

I agree that RC has become stale in their itineraries.

Give us something new and exciting itineraries with some discounted rates and then we can really say WOW!

Jimbo I agree that there was no incentive for new comers to book with RC.

I did book during the WOW sale, for many reasons. I would have booked anyway--WOW sale or not, because it gives me a chance to try RCI and ROS out of San Diego.

However, my TA called me this morning and said ,"Yes, the deposit for a 4 day cruise is $50.00 pp, BUT, you have to pay the FULL deposit within 2 weeks."

It doesn't affect us, I would have booked anyway, but it does sound misleading.

Pat

Your TA is mistaken. The initial invoice RCI sends sometimes says that the rest of the deposit is due immediately, but that's a computer generated response. RCI will go in and hand-adjust your invoice, and the balance of the deposit will not be due until final payment day. If your TA is telling you otherwise, he/she is wrong. Have them call RCI.

I booked a January 2010 cruise Mexican Riviera with the WOW promotion. What exactly are the 'restrictions'? I was not informed of any??

The restrictions are that you cannot apply any other offers to the cruise fare. People who have 5 or more prior cruises on RCI get a discount, and that cannot be used in combination with this sale. The RCI Visa credits, or stockholders credits also do not apply. So, those who have these options available are better off using them because the savings amounts to more than the WOW OBC.

If the price of the cruise goes down, you can call and having the savings applied. So, keep an eye that. (If the fare is a special for new bookings only, then you're not entitled to it, but neither is anyone else who previously booked outside of the WOWsale.

However, my TA called me this morning and said ,"Yes, the deposit for a 4 day cruise is $50.00 pp, BUT, you have to pay the FULL deposit within 2 weeks."It doesn't affect us, I would have booked anyway, but it does sound misleading.Pat

OK~~~~Please don't panic. Here's the real story.

My TA just called me. She said that she didn't think that info was correct, so she called back and they told her that previous info was wrong.

So, my $50.00 deposit is all that is required.

Sorry you guys. I thought I was doing something right. :(

Pat

Depending upon when you booked, prices have been going up. So if you originally booked earlier, to take advantage of the WOW sail, you are paying the higher fuel surcharges and higher cabin rates to get a reduced deposit up front which will still need to be paid later. In this case, the WOW sale does not help plus it cannot be combined with C & A discounts.

It may help some with new bookings, but not those who had a booking previously. The OBC is not enough to offset the increase in pricing for them. The intent with RCL is to attact new customers who do not have the benefit of any other discounts available to them.

Not a bad thing. Just doesn't work for everyone.

MARAPRINCE

Archived